Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Weve missed out on every decent player weve gone hard on, weve signed a countless amount of duds, and the kennel brigade are still hanging off Gusses empty promises as if hes just playing some kind of 5d chess still. Its getting ready sad the level of Gus cuckoldry that goes on here
Did we miss out on Stephen Crichton? Arguably the best outside back in the world currently. I swear he is coming to Belmore next year but I could be wrong. I'll ask Gus at Jobels this morning to confirm.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol I just cant wait for the hatchets to come out once luai is announced as the big fish weve signed
As if Luai is a bad signing. Three time premiership and SOO half….who gives a fck if people don’t like him coz he niggles and trash talks. The **** plays hard, trains hard and is the best available half on the market. Luai would make us better.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did we miss out on Stephen Crichton? Arguably the best outside back in the world currently. I swear he is coming to Belmore next year but I could be wrong. I'll ask Gus at Jobels this morning to confirm.
Yes great signing indeed that's beyond doubt and hopefully Bronson is a good signing too.

Just get him to clear up the confusion about the new recruits he spoke of a few weeks ago that we don't know about. People are confused why he's stayed mute despite saying he would be going public after the grand final.

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes great signing indeed that's beyond doubt and hopefully Bronson is a good signing too.

Just get him to clear up the confusion about the new recruits he spoke of a few weeks ago that we don't know about. People are confused why he's stayed mute despite saying he would be going public after the grand final.
I suspect he didn't want to announce SST until after the super league grand final?

I'm sure he will get around to it. Gus doesn't give a fuck if the fans are impatient that's what people need to realise. He knows the vision of the club and knows what success looks like. I don't ever worry about the club because I know Gus does the worrying for me.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

People get confused,because they buy into the bullshit from the media. Gus knows what we need,who is available, who he is targeting , who we can sign and who we have signed. If he hasn't released that information yet, it would be for a reason. No successful businessman would give their opponents advanced warning of their plans

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think both Xerri & Taaffe will be surprisingly good signings also.
If we can jag a couple of middles then it won’t be as bad as most people think.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As if Luai is a bad signing. Three time premiership and SOO half….who gives a fck if people don’t like him coz he niggles and trash talks. The **** plays hard, trains hard and is the best available half on the market. Luai would make us better.
Nothing to do with his niggle and trash talk, altho that will look fucken embarrassing if he keeps up with it here.

He improves us by taking us to a ceiling of 12th, maybe 11th at best. Not good enough

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were the highest bidder for a CENTRE. Ofc we landed him. Its nothing to celebrate.Smart clubs dont throw that sort of coin at centres, particularly when key areas arent even sorted first

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I suspect he didn't want to announce SST until after the super league grand final?

I'm sure he will get around to it. Gus doesn't give a fuck if the fans are impatient that's what people need to realise. He knows the vision of the club and knows what success looks like. I don't ever worry about the club because I know Gus does the worrying for me.
Yes I’d agree to a certain extent, but Gus also needs to accept that (despite our lack of recent success), our brand & supporter base are a key reason why we are still an attractive proposition for sponsors & prospective players. He needs to look after (not ignore) our supporters/fans more. Lack of a strong base of fans, damages our brand & commercial attractiveness.

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Weve missed out on every decent player weve gone hard on, weve signed a countless amount of duds, and the kennel brigade are still hanging off Gusses empty promises as if hes just playing some kind of 5d chess still. Its getting ready sad the level of Gus cuckoldry that goes on here
I'm curious, who are all the decent players we've missed out on?

I know we tried to sign Leniu, but the reaction to missing out on him by some on TK is amusing.

I've read post after post on TK having a go at the Roosters. They don't have a salary cap, they have a sombrero. They give out brown paper bags, they give partners non-existent jobs for big pay, their board is full of multi-millionaires, Politis doesn't miss out on a player he wants, they promise players they will look after them when they retire, etc., etc.

But when they sign a player that we might have been interested in, it's all Gus's fault. Comedy gold!

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
still need to add morri edwards and wilson
It seems according to Zero Tackle which I would assume are getting their info from the NRL that this is the current Bulldogs top 30 for 2024.

The player positions are from Zero tackle and not my picks.

1. Stephen Crichton
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Bronson Xerri
4. Jacob Kiraz
5. Blake Taaffe
6. Toby Sexton
7. Matt Burton
8. Max King
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Ryan Sutton
11. Jacob Preston
12. Viliame Kikau
13. Karl Oloapu

14. Jaeman Salmon
15. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
16. Chris Patolo
17. Liam Knight

18. Reece Hoffman
19. Kitione Kautoga
20. Ethan Quai-Ward
21. Isaac Matalavea-Booth
22. Hayze Perham
23. Jordan Samrani
24. Jeral Skelton
25. Jackson Topine
26. No player signed
27. No player signed
28. No player signed
29. No player signed
30. No player signed

So it looks like Waddell, Pele, Edwards, Tanner, Morrin, Sam Hughes, Bailey Biondi-Odo, Burns, Casey, Rajab and Blake Wilson have been dropped at the moment. BUt they are still in the top 30 on Bulldogs sight. There's a couple of new promotions into the top 30 with Isaac Matalavea-Booth (prop), Kitione Kautoga (prop from Tigers NSW cup played 1 NRL game) and Jordan Samrani (centre). The Dogs site also has Joseph O'Niel in the top 30 as 5/8 which is interesting.

They have 5 spots still available. So if its true that we have signed Drew Hutchison, Jake Turpin, Kurt Mann and Siosiua Taukeiaho thats going to leave only 1 spot left. I would assume Blake Wilson will get in the top 30. Looks like Hoffman is in the top 30 as well. Theres talk of Mariner maybe leaving as well so that may free up one more space.

But it looks like theres a few players from this seasons top 30 who are not going to make it and will be relegated to NSW Cup or maybe get signed by another club. I heard Pele has gone to Super League.

Last edited: