Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jarrod Croker is also on 650k in 2023. Zac Lomax is on 700k.
*edit Staggs on 700k Manu 820k Holmes 875k

Crichton has scored a try in the last 3 gf's. Took 14 seconds to score his 1st try in NRL. Is 23 years old and already has more big dick plays than Skippy the bush kangaroo.
We have to spend 95% of cap regardless. Don't see what all the bitching and moaning is about
This is the Kennel!

They prefer has beens instead of stars because marquee players arent worth the “price tag” in this forum!

People don’t understand that this elite centre coming to this squad can inspire some of our players and look up to being in 3 GFs and scoring in 3!

While they still bitch and moan about Meaney and Averillo being let go!

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is the Kennel!

They prefer has beens instead of stars because marquee players arent worth the “price tag” in this forum!

People don’t understand that this elite centre coming to this squad can inspire some of our players and look up to being in 3 GFs and scoring in 2!

When we signed Critta he was one of the only options available for 2024 for fullback. We were never getting Walsh so Critta was the best (and pretty much only) option and I would of signed him personally even knowing we'd have to pay overs (+risk he can transition to fullback). I was one of the first advocates for signing Critta (this is going back almost 2 years now). People like to list other centres money but most of them are also on overs or were signed/extended to play fullback (or another position).

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we signed Critta he was one of the only options available for 2024 for fullback. We were never getting Walsh so Critta was the best (and pretty much only) option and I would of signed him personally even knowing we'd have to pay overs (+risk he can transition to fullback). I was one of the first advocates for signing Critta (this is going back almost 2 years now). People like to list other centres money but most of them are also on overs or were signed/extended to play fullback (or another position).
Agreed! He is worth every cent and those who disagree are delusional.

People would rather have reserve graders for less money, like they’re going to win us a premiership? Lol

If every Panthers fan is sad and angry about him leaving it tells you that he’s an elite athlete anyone would want on their team

Marquee players attract more marquee players, who knows who we will attract in 2024

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the Kennel!

People don’t understand that this elite centre coming to this squad can inspire some of our players and look up to being in 3 GFs and scoring in 2!

I know this is it’s the sort of thing why I Hardly post or comment on this site anymore

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Critta is gunna add a hell of a lot to our squad next year.
Has talked the talk and our club have every reason to believe he is the real deal. He has the ability to bring so much to the team.

Sounds very impressive. Can anyone imagine Burton talking so positively and confidently about what he intends to offer his new club and team mates.

On that issue alone I am excited Gus has signed him and look forward to us having one elite player (at least) who consistently performs to their best ability (hopefullly)....otherwise CC under more scrutiny.

May 2024 bring some renewed respectibility to our club.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Has talked the talk and our club have every reason to believe he is the real deal. He has the ability to bring so much to the team.

Sounds very impressive. Can anyone imagine Burton talking so positively and confidently about what he intends to offer his new club and team mates.

On that issue alone I am excited Gus has signed him and look forward to us having one elite player (at least) who consistently performs to their best ability (hopefullly)....otherwise CC under more scrutiny.

May 2024 bring some renewed respectibility to our club.

"Departing Panthers star Stephen Crichton reveals Bulldogs goal on NRL bucket list
Telegraph Sport
In just over four years, Panthers star Stephen Crichton has played in three grand finals, secured two premiership rings, a World Cup final and six NSW Origin jerseys.
The 23-year-old has achieved more in 100 games than some of the greatest players have managed in 10 years.
In his final game for Penrith before joining Canterbury next season, Crichton has declared his natural next step is to become a first grade captain.
In what shapes as music to the ears of Bulldogs supporters who have witnessed the club’s leadership void, Crichton has spoken of his desire to use his rapid rise to the pinnacle of rugby league as a chance to develop as a leader and pass on his wealth of big-game experience.
“I wouldn’t say no to it (becoming a captain),’’ said Crichton, who plays his 100th NRL game on Sunday night.
“I definitely want to be one of those players who is a leader that leads the boys in the right direction.
“When I first came in (to the NRL in 2019), I was just happy to be here.
“Now to be around the biggest and best players in the NRL, they‘re the ones making me better.
“I’m excited to take that with me (to Canterbury).
“The credit goes to my teammates and the leader they’re turning me into.
“Guys like (Isaah) Yeo, Fish (James Fisher-Harris), Mo (Moses Leota), all those older heads at our club, have pulled us younger boys up and have made us accountable and treat us like leaders as well.
“There’s been the rep teams too where you always take away learnings from the best players in the game.
“If I can use that to help some of the younger boys going forward (at Canterbury), I will be doing that. I want to be able to do that.”
Dubbed the “intercept king” ever since his grand final-winning play against South Sydney in the 2021 decider, Crichton said his preparation is key to making the big plays in the big games.
“It’s not just about switching on before the game, it’s the whole week leading up to it,’’ Crichton said.
“I’m preparing my mind and preparing my body.
“It also definitely comes down to our coaching staff and teaching us, because if it doesn’t come off at training, it won’t come off on the big stage.’’

For the non Facebook readers

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We didn't pay overs, we paid the same as the other elite centres get in the NRL, Stags, Farnsworth, Manu, Holmes, they are all on around $800k per year.

Getting Crichton for ~$800k, even if he never plays a single minute at fullback, is a bargain.

Always a Bulldog

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Critta is gunna add a hell of a lot to our squad next year.
It’s been said before bro but it’s not just what he can do on the field which is a lot mind you. It’s the intangible off field influence he’ll have on the younger kids. I bet there is some excited kids in the academy that can’t wait for his arrival. He’ll provide the blue print for a lot of them.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We didn't pay overs, we paid the same as the other elite centres get in the NRL, Stags, Farnsworth, Manu, Holmes, they are all on around $800k per year.

Getting Crichton for ~$800k, even if he never plays a single minute at fullback, is a bargain.

Always a Bulldog
100%, people are missing the fact that the salary cap has increased, so someone on $800k next year is like being on $700k in the past. Percentage of what a player is getting in relation to total cap space available is what matters. Plus us as supporters have no idea how much of a players earnings is third party payments.

Once a Bulldog…

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nearly a month since the signing announcements were declared to be occurring in "the next few weeks".

So, I'm hoping once the GF is done and dusted, we can start getting a definitive list of comings and goings for 2024. We know some of it, and can speculate on some more of it. But still some questions to be answered.

Be kinda nice to know what next year's roster actually looks like, rather than guessing.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nearly a month since the signing announcements were declared to be occurring in "the next few weeks".

So, I'm hoping once the GF is done and dusted, we can start getting a definitive list of comings and goings for 2024. We know some of it, and can speculate on some more of it. But still some questions to be answered.

Be kinda nice to know what next year's roster actually looks like, rather than guessing.
Then, Gus changed it to..."after the grand final"
Let's hope it's good news !
We need props the names Mclean Twal May and Safiti are possibles.
In the halves Dreadon and Luai would be available for 2024.
Interesting times ahead !

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dint get the hype with luai, would look so pedestrian in a lower ranked side imo.
Deardon would suit us better, and actually think he could be a decent 7.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You show me the 900k first. Prove it? We know you are just a dirty troll.

Prove it? Man up
The clown has nothing. He throws around numbers he’s picked up around the forum or in the media. No inside info or details to share about anything. Don’t waste your time asking.