Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't mind missing out on Leniu if we sign the next best middles coming through like Smith and May and snag a marquee like Kolo or Fotuaika. If we're unable to do that it just keeps pushing us further another year until we're competitive imo.
If we offer Kolo a good deal, he will leave Souths anyday of the week. He looks disinterested there and is getting good offers from clubs. He also grew up in Canterbury and was a Bulldogs supporter.

Fotuaika won't be hard to sign as our marquee prop. They've signed Palasia from the Broncos and Jolliffe wants a starting spot.

8. Moeaki Fotuaika
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Keaon Koloamatangi
13. Jacob Preston

Hopefully, we don't end up with a dusted up old Michael Chee-Kam lol.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luai, Koloamatangi, L. Smith and Terrell May. Fotuaika if we miss out on Koloamatangi. Panther couldn't keep Leniu who went to Rooster for reportedly 525k and I expect L. Smith will be similar. Terrell May in a stacked Rooster team and ability wise he's their best middle imo. With their cap situation it should be hard for them to keep him too (unless he takes massive unders :D ).
Fotuaika should be the number one target imo, I would rather him than Kolo.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we offer Kolo a good deal, he will leave Souths anyday of the week. He looks disinterested there and is getting good offers from clubs. He also grew up in Canterbury and was a Bulldogs supporter.

Fotuaika won't be hard to sign as our marquee prop. They've signed Palasia from the Broncos and Jolliffe wants a starting spot.

8. Moeaki Fotuaika
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Keaon Koloamatangi
13. Jacob Preston

Hopefully, we don't end up with a dusted up old Michael Chee-Kam lol.
Whilst I like the idea of Fotuaika &Kolo coming. Looking at a side having Taukeiaho starting shows just how much work we have ahead of us. He didn’t make the team in Super League.

We are so short on quality Props it’s impossible to think how this can be rectified.

IMO Preston is also an out & out edge player. I don’t think he can play middle.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Whilst I like the idea of Fotuaika &Kolo coming. Looking at a side having Taukeiaho starting shows just how much work we have ahead of us. He didn’t make the team in Super League.

We are so short on quality Props it’s impossible to think how this can be rectified.

IMO Preston is also an out & out edge player. I don’t think he can play middle.
If we sign 2-3 out of Kolo, Fotuaika, L. Smith and/or Terrell May SST wouldn't be anywhere near starting. We also have King. If we're buying Kolo it's for middle (lock) imo.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Penrith Panthers have signed young front-rower Lindsay Smith on a two-year contract extension in the build-up to Friday night’s blockbuster clash with Melbourne Storm.

It is a crucial extension until the end of the 2026 season following Spencer Leniu’s move to the Sydney Roosters next year.

Smith, 23, was already under contract for next season but has been super impressive for the Panthers to earn the longer deal.

:(

only Kolo, Fotuaika and May left now. If those options come off the market we're F'd again.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Penrith Panthers have signed young front-rower Lindsay Smith on a two-year contract extension in the build-up to Friday night’s blockbuster clash with Melbourne Storm.

It is a crucial extension until the end of the 2026 season following Spencer Leniu’s move to the Sydney Roosters next year.

Smith, 23, was already under contract for next season but has been super impressive for the Panthers to earn the longer deal.

only Kolo, Fotuaika and May left now. If those options come off the market we're F'd again.
We only need Luai, Koloamatangi and Fotuaika.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Problem I see with Keon is we will need him to possibly play middle, at least for some minutes/backup. Roosters and raiders can sell the idea of only playing on an edge. These bigger second rowers don't seem to like the idea of playing as a middle forward for some reason. Prefer life on the edge.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Chrighton is the only regular starter named so far...the rest Taff, Salmon, Hutchinson NSW Cup players as was Sexton. Who else is coming? Mann, Twal etc experienced bench players. This club will not play finals next year or the year after without signing/developing at least two quality middle forwards, currently the Dogs have none. They also need a quality 7 and hope Burton lifts or KO usurps him.
Fair assessment… Gus will announce at least 1 marquee on or after Nov 1 for the 2025 season… hopefully he has 2 marquees wrapped up guessing Mo and Luai or Stefano and Luai.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Stefano, Sims, McLean, Blacker, Whyte and Moeroa potential options, there may be some UK middles also available.