Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
We probably will.

But at least we are there & will do our best.
How come Broncos never got busted for cheating the cap all those years when their team was comprised almost wholly of the QLD state of origin team - oh except Michael De Vere who was in the NSW origin team.

Clearly they were not under the cap - won a bunch of premierships too.

They are looking questionable again cap wise - so no surprise they finished high on the ladder with a stacked side

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
How come Broncos never got busted for cheating the cap all those years when their team was comprised almost wholly of the QLD state of origin team - oh except Michael De Vere who was in the NSW origin team.

Clearly they were not under the cap - won a bunch of premierships too.

They are looking questionable again cap wise - so no surprise they finished high on the ladder with a stacked side
They had a stacked side in 2020 too and won the spoon.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I’m not he’s one of the worse first graders I have ever seen and I’m not just saying that
His lack of pace really hurt him in the NRL any see him making it as an outside back. I will be very surprised and disappointed though if we don't offer him a development non top 30 contract of some sort to try and trim him into a forward. He is 182 and 100 kgs and 18/19 by 21/22 could easily be 105 to 110 kgs and a damaging forward.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Huge fall from grace for Alamoti. From the most touted junior in years to not even a min wage contract
I would keep him with criita coming. I believe players learn and develop from other players. Poor averillo had none to show him the art to play fullback or in the halves or even centre. If we had Morris or patten or hoko for the next young crop than they would have been more ready for 1st grade. I think the club has failed averillo , alamoti and others due to the lack of senior players and leaders.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would keep him with criita coming. I believe players learn and develop from other players. Poor averillo had none to show him the art to play fullback or in the halves or even centre. If we had Morris or patten or hoko for the next young crop than they would have been more ready for 1st grade. I think the club has failed averillo , alamoti and others due to the lack of senior players and leaders.
You had me at Morris

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I suppose but if we're letting burns and alamoti go we'll be short in the centers unless we're planning on putting burton there
We have xerri and kiraz also samrani and the Qld kid. Critta and Burton would also be an option and possibly the best centre combo in the NRL lol.
In saying that I would keep alamoti if centre is his preferred position as critta would be a good influence and teacher. But 1 yr deal only.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree bro but not just lack of senior players. There is no real captain. Burton and Reed ain’t leaders.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Agree bro but not just lack of senior players. There is no real captain. Burton and Reed ain’t leaders.
Agree but I don't really think Gus thought we would be a success within 3 yrs. He hired CC not flanno with a long term plan. Build a squad to compete , plus development of a few and recruit big names in 3yrs when we have gotten over the hump. The other teams Gus started at had a better 1st grade team just shit cap position, we have a decent cap but after the last 5yrs merry-go-round we don't have any stability in 1st grade team. This was the year we had to have 5yrs ago . I think next yr we will see a massive change.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is nothing at all to get excited about what ever he is going to announce cause all the players available are not marquee players at any club

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fire team, the rest of the NRL is shaking

1. Crichton
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Burton
5. JAC
6. Hutchison
7. Sexton
8. SST
9. Mahoney
10. Faamausili
11. Kikau
12. Salmon
13. Preston

14. Taaffe
15. Mann
16. King
17. Patolo
Reserve grade standard, have a feeling next year will be our worst since 2017.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree but I don't really think Gus thought we would be a success within 3 yrs. He hired CC not flanno with a long term plan. Build a squad to compete , plus development of a few and recruit big names in 3yrs when we have gotten over the hump. The other teams Gus started at had a better 1st grade team just shit cap position, we have a decent cap but after the last 5yrs merry-go-round we don't have any stability in 1st grade team. This was the year we had to have 5yrs ago . I think next yr we will see a massive change.
I just want them to play hard. I’m sick of watching every pack stand over us