Gus on 100% Footy

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus just lies and lies
He's in complete self preservation mode. Hearing his words is just garbage.

"Burton didn't train all week and joined the team Sunday" that's not an excuse why he had a poor game lol

That's the definition of an excuse. Every single thing he says is an excuse to justify poor performance.

Sheeeeeeeeeessshh

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When Gus said he can’t wait for the season to end

It could be big losses to end the season

Seems like everyone top down have checked out including Alz

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
When Gus said he can’t wait for the season to end

It could be big losses to end the season

Seems like everyone top down have checked out including Alz
It was a terrible thing to say by Gus… if the so called top dog wishes the season to be over, then what do you think the players thoughts are? We know many players have already checked out, but with a few games to go, I got no confidence or answers from Gus last night, and it’s the same with our coaches who can’t get the best out of these f’ucking flops

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus has mentally checked out.. since when does he give journos honest answers.
And to say his job at the dogs is more of a challenge than his time at Penrith is worrying.
Penrith were literally on the verge of dropping out of the nrl.
I think he’s went hard for the big off contract names and he’s missed every one of them due to letting it all play out. No way would he of expected Tino and Haas to grab more than a million a season. He’s just lucky Preston paid off

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Gus seemed resigned to the fact that we look far far away from digging our way out of this hole and I think part of it is also understanding that it is a task too far for a rookie coach and he got it wrong allowing Ciro to start this year. Without saying it he now realises.

Our worst problem is not the roster. We have a decent roster but need some key forward signings. There's guys out there to fill those gaps. Other clubs develop raw talented front rowers and we can too.

But the settings must be 100%.

I think Gus now knows the stench of the Loser attitude pervading the club is entrenched. He doesn't have a strong, hard nosed coach willing to skittle these blokes over with demanding standards but rather a coach who is good at finessing already developed winners.

We have had a near on complete churning of the roster over 3 years. The loser attitude and lack of confidence has remained since Des' last 2 years where no one could execute or looked like they enjoyed their footy.

Just can't see any huge improvement under the current coaching regime so have no idea how next year will go. Maybe with some luck with injuries the players will start playing to their best abilities and Ciro will start making the best selections and rotations and find a game plan to suit our roster.

I do know that if the coach can get these guys playing their best footy then Mahoney, King, TPJ, Kiks, Preston, KO, Fox, Wilson, Skelton, Burton, Sexton, Kiraz, Edwards, Hughes, Knight along with new guys Critta, Taafe, Salmon, Xerri then that is a pretty decent team that should not be letting in such shocking defensive numbers.

If they do play like this season again next year then it says a lot about what is really happening within the team and the coaching regime.
What did I just read. You can’t fix defence during a season. Bulldogs just don’t have the depth required to be a contender and with so many injuries it was never going to happen this season. We jagged wins vs Melbourne and cowboys as a positive Our young squad got a good taste of what is required to compete at this level.

as Gus said this season can’t come to an end soon enough. The boys know what needs to happen in the offseason and hopefully they respond.

We are building that talent and depth it will just take time to come together. Building a winning culture is organic. There was a time the roosters tried to buy comps in the 80s and 90s but they just ended up as a transit lounge cause everyone went for a good payday. The only way it will work is if you can bring that young talent into a team that has it somewhat together. Then you will see that next generation shine when opportunity knocks.

This offseason the motto must be defence defence defence. Once that is down pat it’s onwards and upwards.

Last edited:

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a terrible thing to say by Gus… if the so called top dog wishes the season to be over, then what do you think the players thoughts are? We know many players have already checked out, but with a few games to go, I got no confidence or answers from Gus last night, and it’s the same with our coaches who can’t get the best out of these f’ucking flops
terrible. What happened to being in for the fight?

Fans are finally waking up to his endless bullshit

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Injuries exposed our lack of depth. Wether Gus like Bennet is good at deferring, he said last yr he told cc not to come this yr. Barret made some awful signings. The board we all over the place over the last few yrs, so I’m starting again yeah in reality 23 is the start of the Gus and cc era, we had to loose any Barret crap. There is truth in saying there’s not much out there, everyone said when the dolphins came in we would stretch the talent after Covid.
wadell, Flanagan, perem, burns, Sutton Would be a perfect replacement players, not a starting player, injury should bring them in yet due to the last few yrs their run ons.
cc complete fuck ups, oks, perham, Reynolds,
Avo is a slight X factor but he doesn’t talk, none of our team talked on the weekend. Avo doesn’t have a voice so his position is still up in the air.
probably best he’s moved on to go see a different perspective. Kriaz isn’t a centre and burns suffers an injury way too often, so we don’t have a backline. We don’t have a fullback.
we didn’t have a 7 for 7 yrs now. Sexton may be it, but he’ll he needs a pre season. Thomson can fuck off, tjp was the biggest waste, I hate to see him go just because far out he’s big but he doesn’t love the game obviously, the rest of the players he’s grown with have gone places. He has digressed.
Fark knows what we get from here, Burton isn’t the player he was once touted with. But who knows, he hasn’t had a forward pack that will make the finals.
reed needed kiks this season, needed that hard straight running forward to work with, he didn’t get it so has to over play his hand on many occasions due to the halves never stepping up.
jac has become frustrated and now becoming a penalty player because the halves are not owning the plays, he’s trying to slow down the play which gives away penalties because our halves can’t kick for positions on the field.
but we are not the only shit team, manly, St’s, raiders, titans, knights, sharks, boys, roosters, dolphins all have either rep players or million dollar players. We don’t.
cc deserves 3 yrs min.
gus I still trust. Next yr will be better but we do need a prop, ball playing 13 and some fucking hard working middles. All I want as a bulldogs fan is some hard working middles. Happy to see you go, Sutton, tjp, waddle, oks, avo, burns, not sure about Alomoti.
sorry for the rant probably talking to myself more just needed a vent, shit yr, watched every game, not overly happy, love the dogs though

Last edited:

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Injuries exposed our lack of depth. Wether Gus like Bennet is good at deferring, he said last yr he told cc not to come this yr. Barret made some awful signings. The board we all over the place over the last few yrs, so I’m starting again yeah in reality 23 is the start of the Gus and cc era, we had to loose any Barret crap. There is truth in saying there’s not much out there, everyone said when the dolphins came in we would stretch the talent after Covid.
wadell, Flanagan, perem, burns, Sutton Would be a perfect replacement players, not a starting player, injury should bring them in yet due to the last few yrs their run ons.
cc complete fuck ups, oks, perham, Reynolds,
Avo is a slight X factor but he doesn’t talk, none of our team talked on the weekend. Avo doesn’t have a voice so his position is still up in the air.
probably best he’s moved on to go see a different perspective. Kriaz isn’t a centre and burns suffers an injury way too often, so we don’t have a backline. We don’t have a fullback.
we didn’t have a 7 for 7 yrs now. Sexton may be it, but he’ll he needs a pre season. Thomson can fuck off, tjp was the biggest waste, I hate to see him go just because far out he’s big but he doesn’t love the game obviously, the rest of the players he’s grown with have gone places. He has digressed.
Fark knows what we get from here, Burton isn’t the player he was once touted with. But who knows, he hasn’t had a forward back that will make the finals.
reed needed kiks this season, need that hard straight running forward to work with, he didn’t get it so has to over play his have on many occasions due to the halves never stepping up.
jac has become frustrated and now becoming a penalty player because the halves are not owning the plays, he’s trying to slow down the play which gives away penalties because our halves can’t kick for positions on the field.
but we are not the only shit team, manly, St’s, raiders, titans, knights, sharks, boys, roosters, dolphins all have either rep plates or million dollar players. We don’t.
cc deserves 3 yrs min.
gus I still trust. Next yr will be better but we do need a prop, ball playing 13 and some fucking hard working middles. All I want as a bulldogs fan is some hard working middles. Happy to see you go, Sutton, tjp, waddle, oks, avo, burns, not sure about Alomoti.
aorry for the rant probably talking to myself more just needed a vent, shit yr, watched every game, not overly happy, love the dogs though
That's a likely story that he told Cc not to come for 2023. I call that complete BS actually he went hard hard to sign him for a massive contract that's massively in Ciraldo's favour if he fails.

You can't take everything Gould says to be the truth.

Many Kennel folk forget his flustered talk to the media about the speculation about Barrett's prospects of keeping his job.

"He'll be the coach of the bulldogs long after I'm gone"

That was full blown lying on Camera, so when he says he told Cc not to come on in 2023 I don't believe that for a second. It's just convenient and said to appease the fans along the lines of

Yes we are fucking horrible/embarrassing this year but it's not mine or the coaches fault it's just the way the cookie was gonna crumble in 2023 it's out of our control blah blah blah

Bollocks

But yeah signing Renyolds and saying he wants more players just like him on the roster was very damming to me. He's either retarded or did it to be popular and both are undesirable qualities in big business these days.

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
terrible. What happened to being in for the fight?

Fans are finally waking up to his endless bullshit
So Gus out and who in bro? Who is our saviour who will turn our club around and pull some signings out his ass?

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It sounded like Gus had tried but failed on a lot of signings