Gus' obvious Roosters bias

Status
Not open for further replies.

altair

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
During the game against the raiders today Gus was riding the roosters wagon pretty hard.
For example, after the latrell try Gus was bragging about how the roosters won the second half 10 points to 2. He also lauded the roosters ability to fight back.

Then the raiders are awarded a scrum when tupou steps into touch. Gus proclaimed it diabolical how the referees don't stop the clock until all the players have locked in. Basically said it's an area that needs cleaning.

Then came the Ropana knock back that Gus was a knock on "for your life". Although the replay showed the ball touch the fingertips then go back into ropanas shin before he eventually cleans it up.

The last of it came when the raiders were slowly playing the ball in the last minute of play. He basically said the raiders should be penalised. If a defender slowing the play down is illegal then doing so as an attacker should also be penalised. Arguments can be made for and against the idea however the point is Gus was riding the roosters hard. As a professional commentator he should refrain from that bias. I can't help but imagine what raiders fans were thinking as they watched it. Must have been sweet to shut Gus up after the sezer try

What do u guys think?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
channel 9 has been low quality commentary for a long time now

ray warren should have retired when he turned 100 and gus has a conflict of interest, not only does he love the roosters but he wants the raiders to lose to help out the panthers chances of making the top 8

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
During the game against the raiders today Gus was riding the roosters wagon pretty hard.
So was I, but only because my team plays them next week.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Johns was worse. He is on the Roosters coaching staff and he was commentating.
Johns is a fucking useless "special comments" commentator generally but he can't hide is bias. Gould is the same, did you hear them.analyzing the Canberra try when it went to the bunker.

They really didn't want that try awarded!!

For fuck sake they are too painful with bias.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johns is biased against teams that haven't employed him.

There was also the holding down penalty against the Rorters when the Faders were struggling to get out of their 20m zone "they didn't earn that penalty".

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well said. Many dont pick up on it but Gus first loyaly lies with the Roosters & Politis, even ahead of the Panthers..

The Roosters get alot of favourable coverage on 9 with ex players & coaches like Fittler Johns and Gus and Foxtel with Braith, Jimmy Smith & Bryan Fletcher all ex players

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did you not hear anasta commentating us vs sharks last week?

If you didn't know better you would think the dogs caused his marriage breakdown he was so against us the fuckwit.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Did you not hear anasta commentating us vs sharks last week?

If you didn't know better you would think the dogs caused his marriage breakdown he was so against us the fuckwit.
Anasta suffers from verbal diarrhea, it's best to either mute the channel, or turn it off.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Channel 9 is unwatchable, the same disgusting bias happens when they get their bronco crew to cover every friday night. Abc grandstand is still by a huge margin the best commentary, i need an app or something so i can sync the grandstand audio coverage with foxtel go, i would be a happy camper than lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Generally I agree with most of what Gus says, but said some pretty stupid things yesterday.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I gave up paying attention to Gus long ago. Abc radio is one of the better calls of the game. Ennis, Gasnier and Anasta aren't good commentators and Fox coverage is only slightly more bearable than 9.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Johns loves every team he works for.
Last year manly were about as good as a Mandingo ass-raping, but johns would jack off to them every week.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gus was right but it was a super effort with the players they had out

Status
Not open for further replies.