Opinion Gus met with Shane Flanagan at a Cafe

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Plot twist, Wily old Shano has instructed young Kyle to tank. The plan was always to eliminate Baz from the coaching role where Shano will eventually take over and form the new power Coach/Son combo of the NRL, with young Kyle now displaying his hidden talents of trick kicks and taking on the line. Dally M
Coach of the year and player of the year 2023!
Imagine kyle becomes the next Nathan.C.... Tbagz was right all along lol

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The soft cocks will be up in arms on here if we appoint a real coach like Flanagan.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People keep mentioning father and son , doesn't matter what age/division/grade/club or sport in Australia a player/players will get a go over someone better than he or she is. Politics in sport will never die. Trent kept playing Waddle who is the dumbest defender in history. Airswings.
Arthur played his son through injurys could have left him out but gave him a shot and dropped him.
I believe Shane Flanagan would be a man and do the same thing, he has already said he would.
His reputation would be on the line.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
People keep mentioning father and son , doesn't matter what age/division/grade/club or sport in Australia a player/players will get a go over someone better than he or she is. Politics in sport will never die. Trent kept playing Waddle who is the dumbest defender in history. Airswings.
Arthur played his son through injurys could have left him out but gave him a shot and dropped him.
I believe Shane Flanagan would be a man and do the same thing, he has already said he would.
His reputation would be on the line.
He's a winner, if there's a significant difference he'll pick the best halfback imo.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny to hear Gus say we need to get thru this season and look to 2023 with a new coach

this means an interim will ride out the year and that they have put a red pen thru this season altogether

play some young kids and Fcuk off the dead wood
They had more than enough chances incl Jackson, waddel, Stimson, naden, etc

these guys should all be sent to reserve grade as punishment for putting us fans thru this years disaster.

credence toia, Jacob Kiraz, topine, Hoffman, Casey,
Give them a shot !!

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe Flanno can get a better outcome with Kyle. Maybe a stretch but at the Chooks he was oy seat warming for Walker

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Despite what many believe

I reckon Flanagan senior will be harsh on his son as he want to use him as an example

So if he underperforming his dad will drop him to reserves
This is very true, for anyone else on here who coaches teams with their kids in it, and I’m one of them, you are the hardest marker on your own child broadly to set an example and prove your unbiased.

I think he’ll get the best out of him and if not, he’ll have no issue dropping him to reserve grade.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Booze said on 360 that he had a chat with Flanno and asked him about playing Kyle if he was Dogs coach.

His response was ‘I will be selecting the best halfback available’

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate both Flannos, but fine bring him in on the condition his son plays elsewhere.
Don't need hate speech. Be mindful of people's mental health. Kyle is a footballer currently employed by the Dogs. Maybe Shane could develop a style for our play that suits Kyles strengths. Who knows, maybe Shane suggests a string in England for Kyle to hone his skillls, and he comes back in 4 years time playing like Jackson Hastings. Anything is possible in footy. Shane is a winner, and he will develop a winning half for us, be it Kyle or someone else.