Social Media Gus Gould

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still on the Bulldogs are the latest club believed to be considering hiring former Panthers guru Phil Gould.

The Dogs are a club in crisis, with a poor roster, salary cap problems, a relatively inexperienced coach in Dean Pay and a head of football who is out of his depth in veteran Chris Anderson.

The club needs help, with no quick fix in sight, but Gould could prove a godsend.

Gould is a favourite son at Canterbury, having led the club to a premiership in his first season as a top-grade coach in 1988.

The Bulldogs board contains several factions - and I'm hearing Gould's name has been mentioned by at least one in passing.

The Dragons and Sharks have also been linked to Gould, who is currently taking a break after his role at the Panthers was made redundant last week.

Source : Sporting News Australia

I wouldn't mind seeing it as much as I can't stand him I think it wouldn't be the worse idea he got a smart footy head him helping pay will also be a beneficial

What's everyone's thoughts
No No No.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No No No.No Nooo... Dear oh Dear oh Dear.....That's Ridiculous.....

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sure this is a BS article taken from stuff written on here.

I've also never heard Chris Anderson having an official role as head of football.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure this is a BS article taken from stuff written on here.

I've also never heard Chris Anderson having an official role as head of football.
I trust the current board and think they have made huge progress considering the circumstances
Let’s give them a fair go
No need to bring in others at this point in time
It might cause disharmony

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
bahahahahahaha so someone that simply suggested Gus' name alledgely , and they think this is news worthy LOL ... ok

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!"

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a shit article and some utter garbage written

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Club in crisis????
It’s round 8
i dont think we are in crisis anymore .. we are on the up and hopefully the boys stick it up them for that comment..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I think he's needed more at the NRL rather than our club. The amount of times the shit has hit the fan at our club is equal to the amount of times we've picked up the pieces and emerged from it bigger and better. This time is no different.

Gould would be great for us IF we were going bankrupt. Considering that we are one of, if not, THE wealthiest NRL club in the country, we do not need him here, however, I think having him waiting in line for the top job of NRL CEO would be for the good of the game. Greenberg has no idea what he's doing.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club is recovering from a crisis. It isn't a club in crisis. The Anderson's would not want Gus anywhere near the place.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still on the Bulldogs are the latest club believed to be considering hiring former Panthers guru Phil Gould.

The Dogs are a club in crisis, with a poor roster, salary cap problems, a relatively inexperienced coach in Dean Pay and a head of football who is out of his depth in veteran Chris Anderson.

The club needs help, with no quick fix in sight, but Gould could prove a godsend.

Gould is a favourite son at Canterbury, having led the club to a premiership in his first season as a top-grade coach in 1988.

The Bulldogs board contains several factions - and I'm hearing Gould's name has been mentioned by at least one in passing.

The Dragons and Sharks have also been linked to Gould, who is currently taking a break after his role at the Panthers was made redundant last week.

Source : Sporting News Australia

I wouldn't mind seeing it as much as I can't stand him I think it wouldn't be the worse idea he got a smart footy head him helping pay will also be a beneficial

What's everyone's thoughts
Yes Gould did win a premiership for us, but what has he done (to or for) our club since. Many believe that he is the be all and know all of Rugby League.
Many involved in the higher education circles will tell you that if you don't remember anything you haven't learned anything. Sorry about that but it is true.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I trust the current board and think they have made huge progress considering the circumstances
Let’s give them a fair go
No need to bring in others at this point in time
It might cause disharmony
Allowing Gould into our club would be akin to taking the wooden horse inside Troy's fortified walls.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The best area of Goulds expertise is his coaching.
The rest of it is very average. His recruitment is poor (look at what he did at Souths).
His management skills appear to be less than average. He also appears to be a difficult person to communicate with.
I think he would be a poor addition to the team.
Besides the club is not in crisis. It is managed very well and is on the up. It will be a powerhouse in a short time.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember, the Woman’s Weekly equivalent NRL journos can write what they want without any factual evidence or without any actual communication with anyone who might know anything. Continuing to prove they are the guttersnipes of the journalism industry

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Again......NO THANKS GUS..!!!

We equal last with 6 others all on 2 wins for the year... starting to get a little confidence, we don’t need a spanner in the works right now.

Another win sat.. and we will be trusting the people in charge to keep building nicely..!!!