Rumour Gus gets his man

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We will play the same attacking footy like we are now but the defense and fitness would drastically change for the better. People acting like Potter is going somewhere else when i think he will 100% stay as an attacking assistant with hopefully maguire as a defensive assistant but that’s probably a reach to think of over one lunch lol.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah this is my fear too.

We can’t play like Penrith. Lately we have been playing our own style.
We need to find our identity.
That’s what Potter has allowed.
And a few positional change have helped. Eg Averillo to fb.
And Jackson no where near first receiver

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am enjoying watching us play under Potter, i do think there is an element of just how wrong Baz got things with his coaching as much as Potter being a supercoach. I don't see Ciraldo being a similar appointment to Baz, Baz had terrible form with Manly and didn't or couldn't change when he came to us.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sandercock gets rave reviews on here, but the guy I believe contributes more is David Tangata-Toa.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sandercock gets rave reviews on here, but the guy I believe contributes more is David Tangata-Toa.
To be honest. I havent seen many good reviews of sandercock.

I thought most were hoping he was on his way out with furner?

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ciraldo appears to be a lock, rightly or wrongly (personally I’m on board), so now we contemplate the assistants. I would like to see Harry as one and someone like Jammer as the other. Jammer knows his stuff and I feel he could contribute greatly to the team.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I have to admit I'm worried too. I can just see Baz 2.0 happen, I hope it doesn't, but once bitten, twice shy.
Exactly. We are gambling it will work but until we see proof there's nothing that proves he will be any different to baz. We might end up being Ciraldos test case like Manly was for baz, that failed. That's my fear with ciraldo. Sick of gambling on rookie coaches. At least with Potter we know what we are getting (good attack but he needs help with our defence)

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think while Barrett was coaching he may have been stifling Sandercock to a degree. Isn't Sandercocks role as our attacking coach ?

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to admit I'm worried too. I can just see Baz 2.0 happen, I hope it doesn't, but once bitten, twice shy.
Has your source made any comment on the Ciraldo rumours? Has Gus done another backflip after saying he was only after an experienced coach or is the push for Ciraldo coming from the board?