Gus caught meeting with Blake Taaffe

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong he’s a gun but where would we put him
I would put him to fullback and keep Crichton at centre where he’s proven and one of the best in that role.

If we do land Taaffe, gives the Sele + Taaffe rumour from a few weeks ago some life.

Personally I think either Taaffe or Laurie would be great pick ups for FB, this gives us a solid spine without breaking the bank and room to go nuts on two marquee middles.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People didn't want to keep Averillo yet they're happy to sign Taaffe to play fullback so Crichton can play centre lmao.
I would have liked to keep Avo, but the Dolphins offer he received was too high to match, we’d be paying overs….also, Taaffe owned us last weekend tbh, was on a one man mission. Cap-wise, makes sense.

I’d rather pick up a capable fb like Taaffe on the cheap to afford origin level Middles then pay overs for Avo and settle for average middles…. We’re getting severely dominated up front.

Last edited:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is why Gus keeps recruitment plans to himself because vultures like this clown stick their nose in it and could comprise things.

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like it for depth or even to have at 14 when at full strength (if Critta doesn’t work out at fb) as long as it’s on the cheap I think it’s great

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I actually like the guy. He single handedly destroyed us last week.

But, to be real here... he's literally the same player as Averillo (If not worse), and we let him go.
Averelo would be on much more coin so Taaffe would be better for our cap balance

I think anyone on the kennel could have looked good infront of Quade ward.