Groomed as next bulldogs captain?

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Teddy what about Terry Lamb?
Just because today there’s cameras and social media? Baa drank Canterbury Leagues dry of Vodka & Orange.

Elliott was 22 on Mad Monday and he’ll be 28 before he has a shot at the captaincy. He’s a father now and most blokes grow up quite a bit in those six years.

Wait and see but I think The Flange is too young for a formal leadership role - Baz has to let his natural game develop before adding any undue pressure to the kid.
Best & most accurate post ive read for ages.
Get some cash on it, Elliot will be next captain after Jackson....barring any unfortunate incidents[emoji6]

If sportsbet are running odds on it get on early

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been 26 years since we had a half captain. The great Terry Lamb. Elliott would be next captain if the trend the last 25 years continues. Think Ennis is the only non forward captain since Lamb.
Elliot is a special

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d rather have Castle come back than Elliott captain, feet for hands, dumb penalties at the worst times..... he pisses me off more than the ref when I’m watching us play

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’d rather have Castle come back than Elliott captain, feet for hands, dumb penalties at the worst times..... he pisses me off more than the ref when I’m watching us play
His game improved a lot last year before his injury.
Last month at the member day he looked in great nick - bigger and fitter than I’ve ever seen him. Let’s see what he can produce this year before writing him off. He’s just re-signed so Baz obviously believes in him.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Last month at the member day he looked in great nick - bigger and fitter than I’ve ever seen him. Let’s see what he can produce this year before writing him off. He’s just re-signed so Baz obviously believes in him.
it is a couple of years off anyway, flanno or burton maybe if they perform to expectations

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Premadonna? Supes is there something you’re not telling us - do you dress up as Madge and do tribute shows? Oh, he meant prima donna :-).
LOLLL resident 12 year old boy always has something positive to offer doesn't he

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
it is a couple of years off anyway, flanno or burton maybe if they perform to expectations
Totally - my comment was about Herb’s overall form, not being skipper. Jacko is here until the end of ‘23 anyway so unlikely to be a change of skipper ‘til then.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Totally - my comment was about Herb’s overall form, not being skipper. Jacko is here until the end of ‘23 anyway so unlikely to be a change of skipper ‘til then.
yeh agree, i always like a key player being captain, if flanno steps up and is dominant i can see him being captain in the future

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How are yous even talking about flanagan as captain? Hes 20 something years old played 30 odd games and hasn't even debuted for the dogs?
At least we get him early on in his career, and he could be a guy to build a team around and have as captain in the future, let’s hope he becomes one of the best and sticks around long term at the doggies.!! Wait and see I guess.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Elliots a beast. Love watching him play, always have. This guy I believe will be our best forward this year. I’ve actually been expecting this the last couple of years. Something about him, scared of nothing

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
LOLLL resident 12 year old boy always has something positive to offer doesn't he
Bulldogs fan here: here she is again, no one cares bro! You’re a shitty supporter! I’d flog you with my double pluggers outside anz stadium.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you ever met him off the field you would change your mind for sure..absolute top bloke...but i don't disagree with the feet for hands comment [emoji6]

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got no Idea who the next captain might be.

What I do know only from history is that traditionally in a team photo, the coach will have the captain on one side of him & the vice captain on the other.

This may be a clue - I'm not sure, but in our new team photo it's Jackson & Elliott.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather it not be Elliott as the problem is he'll want to do more things and make more errors. Just no.

I'd go Flanaghan personally but I wouldn't be against Luke Thompson getting it.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd rather it not be Elliott as the problem is he'll want to do more things and make more errors. Just no.

I'd go Flanaghan personally but I wouldn't be against Luke Thompson getting it.
If the big pom builds on his performances he will challenge Elliott for leadership duties in a James Graham style captaincy after Jacko retires.