Reaction score
Who do you prefer and why?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I prefer Griffin as I think he is better suited to a rebuild.

George Ibrahim

Waterboy
Reaction score
Who do you prefer and why?
I’d prefer Griffin but wouldn’t be upset with Barrett. Barrett is younger and has a good attacking brain, something we been lacking for a while. Plus he would of learnt from his past mistakes and positive is a lot of players would probably follow him from the Panthers.

Last edited:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Barrett over Griffin. Think he has more upside

I also like what he has done with Penrith's attack this year.

I dont mind Griffin but I just think in the long run Barrett will be the better option. He needs to get the right assistants though

Its a good topic to debate but unless something drastic happens Barrett will be announced tomorrow

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Green
I reckon Green needs a break. His coaching methods look stale

I like how Barrett has worked on his coaching knowledge in the past few years and spent some time with the All Blacks

Green looks spent. I dont think he would right for us next year

In saying that he will probably go to the Broncos and win a comp in 2021 lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I reckon Green needs a break. His coaching methods look stale

I like how Barrett has worked on his coaching knowledge in the past few years and spent some time with the All Blacks

Green looks spent. I dont think he would right for us next year

In saying that he will probably go to the Broncos and win a comp in 2021 lol
Worked with the All Blacks? That changes my mind on him.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus and the media have sold me on Barrett. Barrett seems to have massive upside and a very very good drive, since his departure from Manly hes taken some good opportunities which no doubt has provided very good experience. Im not sure Griffin has done anything to bolster his resume since leaving the Riff. I could be wrong.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i was initially with Griffon, due to his better coaching record. I reckon he would do a great job. Barrett i am warming too as he has so much respect from the players and he is currently under the "new " style and rules, which means he has adapted better than any other attacking coach at the moment. my mail from Penrith is that Barrett is basically running the show and clearly is over seeing it and doing the man management areas ala wayne.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would like Griffin as GM of football but if Gould’s pulling the strings that won’t happen. Players make coaches so number 1 requirement is being able to recruit and retain talent. From what’s being reported players in the Manly and Penrith systems love Barret so he’s the right man for the job. Don’t think Hill and the current board have got much right so far but they’re on the right track here

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No hate here but Steve Georgalis looks like the kinda kebab shop owner who will make your kebab, hand it to you whilst telling you to fuck off.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worked with the All Blacks? That changes my mind on him.
Yeah there was an article on it. He went into camp with them last year for a few weeks and took notes. Its about 4 threads down "Why Trent Barrett is ready to be Canterburys next coach"

He wasnt paid by them to clarify. He just went to learn and apparently struck up a good relationship with their coach

So expect our line outs to be spot on in 2021

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Took over a Brisbane team that failed to reach the finals for the first time ever I think. Took them to a major semi.

Had consistent results at panthers. Yet never won anything. Probably too strong of a coach to be under Gould so unjustly got cut even though he never missed the finals there.

I said this before. The better rebuild/no bullshit coach is griffin. Not sure if he can win a premiership. But leaves clubs in a better position then he takes them.

He won’t be scared to drop players who don’t buy into his approach to the game and training.

Barrett? Younger, more friendlier with players. Has no results (I think a top 6 and 2 14th finishes). Has lots of promise with his approach to the game. But not sure how he will deal with 5 losses in a row.

Griffin is the better short term coach. Will get rid of the dead wood and the under performers. And would be better to mentor youngsters with potential.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1stly enquire about availability/interest in coaching, either cronk or thurston.

If not fitzgibbon. Holbrook (highly unlikely).
I know hes a manly man but i like toovey and his hard edge and character.

Shaun wane or griffen.

In that order.
Trent is not even in the equation.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone than Barrett

Don't tell me you weren't warned.

Barrett is as woeful as Pay was, was awful at Manly. He's inheriting and even worse list...good luck!

Griffin is easily the best coach to change the culture and get in the 8.

Malla

Reaction score
I think Barrett is what we need now because of his ability to recruit, builds good relationships with his players and from the looks of it has learnt to surround himself with good assistant coaches (bringing on Cartright).

I was skeptical on Barrett to start with, then went back a few years and had a look at the current Manly team. Barrett built that team from the ground up after what Des did to them. Funnily enough he now finds himself in the same position with us after Des ruined us lol.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Would prefer Griffin for experience in our current situation,but Barrett will bring a lot to the table in terms of fixing our attacking structures so I am easy either way,
but I am pretty sure I know witch way @Bazildog will be voting