News Greg Inglis enters rehab after Magic Round bender.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The bloke has serious alcohol issues it seems. By necessity these have probably been largely masked while he has been playing. Now he has no need to stay off the drink the dam has busted so to speak. A very sad situation.......I've known a couple of blokes with everything you could possibly imagine (money, great wives and kids) just totally destroy themselves through alcohol addiction. Needs to stay in rehab for a while I would say.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why do they publicise this stuff.. Let him deal with it without public scrutiny..
There Are occasions where they do this because of a fear that something might pop up..... NRL could be protecting themselves by going public with this

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope he sorts out his problems. Greenberg and Beattie need to be fair to all players and clubs not look after their favourites. Full page articles on players problems is a disgrace

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
So I am guessing that he WAS the player who behaved badly at the Magic round as "rumoured: by the Telegraph.....these issues just don't crop up overnight either. Life these days is extremely stressful; heck even I have issues at times, but you seek help and don't try and get your employer to cover up any indiscretions as happens with players in our game.

SHOOSH

WHICH recently retired NRL star made a disgrace of himself in Brisbane during Magic Round? Allegedly an ambassador for the game, the former player spent the entire weekend on the drink and made a fool of himself on multiple occasions. His former teammates were embarrassed by his behaviour.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/a80aed16b362e16b9fc0dd00fd48b975
Went on a 48 hour bender

I feel
Sorry for him obviously needs help

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hope he sorts out his problems. Greenberg and Beattie need to be fair to all players and clubs not look after their favourites. Full page articles on players problems is a disgrace
Do you expect anything else from that rag of a newspaper?......any whiff of scandal and they are all over it like a pack of dogs. Same happened with the Mad Monday celebrations last year. Will never purchase that poor excuse for a paper.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
sad for the bloke really wish him all the best, however, when you are never held to account and never made to own your fuckups you will never learn. Greenburg and others pampering him and getting him off so easy hes learned nothing, now down the track where hes gone right off the rails, theres major concern for him, and covering up allegations of excessive drinking and issues regarding violence in the past has come back to bite them all. way back when it was first mentioned was when he needed help, and he needed honesty from those that knew what was going on

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sydney is a shithole id go to the bahamas where they have fresh food

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It really isn't that hard to:
a) stop drinking.
b) not make a complete shitcunt of yourself on the cans.
c) blame mental illness.

How about some personal responsbility Greg? From memory he has a wife and kids... what sort of role model is he for them, and for the wider indigenous community.

Blokes just a complete fuck up. Ending the game doesn't mean the mateship stops there.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
sad for the bloke really wish him all the best, however, when you are never held to account and never made to own your fuckups you will never learn. Greenburg and others pampering him and getting him off so easy hes learned nothing, now down the track where hes gone right off the rails, theres major concern for him, and covering up allegations of excessive drinking and issues regarding violence in the past has come back to bite them all. way back when it was first mentioned was when he needed help, and he needed honesty from those that knew what was going on

Exactly. But, you know what...it should not matter one iota as to his profile, or how talented a player is, if NRL are concerned and looking after his welfare what about all the others who have gone before who were not afforded the same concern and help. Where was the concern from the NRL for the perceived ' bad boys' of the game who had an unhappy demise or are in a bad place. A big fat zero because they were not superstars or one of the good guys...but they are still human beings in the end.

If he is the one who was playing up at Magic round ( and to me if makes perfect sense to believe he is) his ex team mates were pissed at him for his behaviour, even though publicly they were full of accolades and feel good vibes about him.

From domestic violence to DUI ,he has run the full range of bad behaviours. Drinking does not cause mental health issues, it enhances them, so why was he not guided a better way when the issues first arose? All we got from Todd was a personal reference telling all and sundry that he was a top person who had just made an error in judgement...one of many it now seems. Talent is the answer there..his talent was craved by both his team and the NRL who swept under the carpet any problems so as not to penalise the Rabbits or the NRL with dodgy headlines.
Personal responsibility is exactly that; personal and whether or not he could not or would not accept any help was his choice. Very unfortunate what has happened but really not that much unexpected.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If only we could of all had great Careers in the nrl and made good money like he has aye.!!!

On the other side of the coin, while you don’t wish this on anyone at all, sometimes you have to HELP YOURSELF first, realise you need help, and get some good support structures in place.

Hope he digs himself out of this hole, for himself/family and people around him.

Good luck G.I !!

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everyone knew GI has problems with alcohol.

What did Souths etc do about it.

He was treated like a king etc.

IMO: When he started to get worse, he was thrown on the scrap heap & was 'told' to retire.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If only we could of all had great Careers in the nrl and made good money like he has aye.!!!
On the other side of the coin, while you don’t wish this on anyone at all, sometimes you have to HELP YOURSELF first, realise you need help, and get some good support structures in place.
Hope he digs himself out of this hole, for himself/family and people around him.
Good luck G.I !!
The only person Greg has to blame is himself. Nobody is holding a gun to his head and making him act/do these things, he is CHOSING to do them.

This isn't someone with mental health issues, this is someone who gets on the piss and acts up (because they WANT to act up), then seeks out excuses for his behaviour when caught out. This time mental health is the excuse.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The only person Greg has to blame is himself. Nobody is holding a gun to his head and making him act/do these things, he is CHOSING to do them.

This isn't someone with mental health issues, this is someone who gets on the piss and acts up (because they WANT to act up), then seeks out excuses for his behaviour when caught out. This time mental health is the excuse.
I agree he has ONLY himself to blame, hence my saying above, he has to help himself etc. would never make excuses for him.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I agree he has ONLY himself to blame, hence my saying above, he has to help himself etc. would never make excuses for him.
According to Danny "shitcunt" Wiedler, Souths have known for some time that Grog Ingest has been doing just that, and that he was on a slippery slope.

So the question remains (if that has the slightest bit of truth to it), why they offered him a role at the club asa community ambassador, given he'd clearly fail the due diligence checks for such a position.

I think it's a whole lot of BS... unless there's more than booze involved.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
According to Danny "shitcunt" Wiedler, Souths have known for some time that Grog Ingest has been doing just that, and that he was on a slippery slope.

So the question remains (if that has the slightest bit of truth to it), why they offered him a role at the club asa community ambassador, given he'd clearly fail the due diligence checks for such a position.

I think it's a whole lot of BS... unless there's more than booze involved.
I’d say you hit the nail on the head Mr I.!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-disappeared-girlfriend-NRLs-Magic-Round.html

Reading more like "Grog doesn't show up for work becaues he's lazy, Grog loves a drink, Grog can't control himself on the cans, Grog visits mystery woman, Grog gets blotto on a multi day bender, Grog has instant regret"... all whilst his girlfriend is wondering where he is.

and now suddenly he's off to rehab.

I call BS about the mental health... it's all about the booze.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So inglis goes on a bender during magic round in Brisbane ignores calls from his gf and family and was getting on the drink with some reality tv chic and its reported poor gregs in a bad place fmd thats being an arsehole to your mrs and needs a kick up the arse fuck these footy players are fucking babies

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So inglis goes on a bender during magic round in Brisbane ignores calls from his gf and family and was getting on the drink with some reality tv chic and its reported poor gregs in a bad place fmd thats being an arsehole to your mrs and needs a kick up the arse fuck these footy players are fucking babies
and not turning up for work despite being gifted a job.

Oh to be a footballer... what a hard, hard life!

Meanwhile in the REAL world, blokes like Ben Barba who destroyed his career are finding out what it's like to do a hard days work.