Greg Inglis - Captain - Rabbithoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Greg Inglis is replacing John Sutton as Captain..

Rabbitohs fullback, and Queensland and Australian representative player, Greg Inglis, has been named captain of the Club for 2015.

Inglis, who filled in as captain during the Rabbitohs' 2014 Premiership-winning season, has taken up the reins from team mate John Sutton who remains as a senior member and leader amongst the group.

Rabbitohs Coach Michael Maguire says the appointment of Inglis as captain will help refresh the squad ahead of a big season.

"Greg is very excited about this opportunity to captain the team in a very important season for us where we are the defending premiers," Coach Maguire said.

"He enjoyed the extra responsibilities last year when John was out injured and he will now get the chance to fill that role for the entire season.

"Greg may be the captain, but as a group we are one, and we are all working towards the one goal at the end of the season.

"John is comfortable with the Club's decision and supports the change, and he knows his role within the team won't change much either in terms of what is expected of him as a senior player and a leader amongst the squad.

"He's played more first grade games for this Club than anyone in history and he is still learning in his transition to the forward pack.

"We have a great segment of leaders within the group and we're all working together to ensure we push towards our goals this season."

Inglis says he's looking forward to season 2015 as captain.

"2015 is a very special year for us as a Club and to be named as captain is an honour and a privilege," Inglis said.

"We have a big job ahead of us as a squad and the senior players have a responsibility to make sure we get the best out of ourselves as a team each week.

"Like I said last year, my role within the team won't change that much as captain, but it's an honour to be captain of this Club, it's a privilege to lead the team out in front of the Rabbitohs Members, and it's a responsibility I don't take lightly.

"I can't wait for the footy to start and to pull on the red and green jersey again in 2015."

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Michael Maguire is such a F:slick:cken T:sperm:sser at times!!! To be able to call yourselves the defending Premiers and say it with a straight face when every Tom, Dick and his dog knows that it is a tainted Premiership at best proves that your a F:flipa:CKING W:stroke:NKER!!!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Michael Maguire is such a F:slick:cken T:sperm:sser at times!!! To be able to call yourselves the defending Premiers and say it with a straight face when every Tom, Dick and his dog knows that it is a tainted Premiership at best proves that your a F:flipa:CKING W:stroke:NKER!!!
Are you able to explain further? Why is the premiership tainted?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There centre should never have been playing for a start..I doubt they lost a penalty count all year

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
inglis will, lose his cool very quickly and will be under the pump from game 1

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you able to explain further? Why is the premiership tainted?
Where would you like me to start???

From the media bias that turned into a week long Bunny wank-fest, to the ringing of the bell and glory,glory ringing through the stadium on game day before kick off, To Kirisome Auva'a being allowed to play even though spousal abuse is frowned upon and against the NRL's own player code of conduct , to Shayne Hayne being in the Souths dressing rooms prior to the game and being Rabbitohs member refereeing the biggest game in South's history, to the Burgess Brothers being notably concussed but allowed to play on, let's not forget Sammy had a fractured cheek bone which he received in the first minute of the game but was he forced of the field hell no!!! When the rules clearly state that he must come off. I could keep going.........But I'm pretty sure I could get more pleasure masturbating with a cheese grinder than have to explain myself to you!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

From the media bias that turned into a week long Bunny wank-fest, to the ringing of the bell and glory,glory ringing through the stadium on game day before kick off, To Kirisome Auva'a being allowed to play even though spousal abuse is frowned upon and against the NRL's own player conduct of code, to Shayne Hayne being in the Souths dressing rooms prior to the game and being Rabbitohs member refereeing the biggest game in South's history, to the Burgess Brothers being notably concussed but allowed to play on, let's not forget Sammy had a fractured cheek bone which he received in the first minute of the game but was he forced of the field hell no!!! When the rules clearly that he must come off. I could keep going.........But I'm pretty sure I could get more pleasure masturbating with a cheese grinder than have to explain myself to you!!!
You don't have to explain anything if you don't want to.

I think the Souths wankfest was crap. But we weren't even close in the GF. Souths deserved the win.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

From the media bias that turned into a week long Bunny wank-fest, to the ringing of the bell and glory,glory ringing through the stadium on game day before kick off, To Kirisome Auva'a being allowed to play even though spousal abuse is frowned upon and against the NRL's own player conduct of code, to Shayne Hayne being in the Souths dressing rooms prior to the game and being Rabbitohs member refereeing the biggest game in South's history, to the Burgess Brothers being notably concussed but allowed to play on, let's not forget Sammy had a fractured cheek bone which he received in the first minute of the game but was he forced of the field hell no!!! When the rules clearly that he must come off. I could keep going.........But I'm pretty sure I could get more pleasure masturbating with a cheese grinder than have to explain myself to you!!!
Agree with u 100%. Plus half our side was injured. Don't worry I reckon we will blow these clowns off the park this year

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

You get a thumbs up for the Ford Fairlaine - Rock and Roll Detective Reference

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I think the Souths wankfest was crap. But we weren't even close in the GF. Souths deserved the win.
You and I know it was a BS question!!! I answered it now have a nice day.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You get a thumbs up for the Ford Fairlaine - Rock and Roll Detective Reference
[video=youtube;z1C0QSpZRck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1C0QSpZRck[/video]

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with u 100%. Plus half our side was injured. Don't worry I reckon we will blow these clowns off the park this year
I hope so,

Id love to play souths again in the GF and win and be ontop from kickoff, and see what the commentators have to say about that.

Id love to see what the hype and build up will be like now Souths have finally won a recent GF,

I am still not over how much our club was bum fuked last year

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really sure how it qualifies as a "burn"

I merely asked for some further explanation of what I considered a spurious claim (the post being full of emojis didn't help), and all I saw was a rant that was not only difficult to follow still didn't really help to explain how getting flogged 30-6 somehow means their premiership is tainted.

Christ on a bike.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I merely asked for some further explanation
Okay CroydonDog let me ask you a question. Who won the penalty count in the 2014 Grand Final? Where on the field was each individual Souths penalty awarded in contrast to each Bulldog penalty? Can you also advise me at what stage of the game each penalty was given? And last but not least who many Bulldog penalties were over looked by the men in pink? If you are able to give me answer then you may understand the 30-6 flogging we received!!!

BTW you asked a BS question, my answer to you was not a rant as you put it it was the truth!!! And as for the emojis they were nothing more than visual aids. Some people have no sense of humor!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like that one time during the game when ben teo did a dangerous tackle and never got penalised and josh reynolds or a dogs player did that tackle and bang! reynolds penalised

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only reason they made inglis captain is because they know he's a mercenary and now that he's won a premiership with souths, there's not much keeping him there.
As for sutton, they can treat him like shit, cause they know he's going nowhere, no other club will want him. Every club in the NRL knows he's a myth.

On the plus side, captain inglis should keep all the WAGs in line !

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still think they were on some juice for the second half..

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Totally with you on this. The TV coverage was unbearable - basically doing everything but rimming Russell Crowe on screen, but to suggest Souths premiership was in any way tainted is a little extreme. Just smacks of sour grapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.