Greg Alexander commentary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we all watch plenty of NRL games. There are good and bad commentators

I just don't know how Greg Alexander is part of the commentary team

His voice sounds like it has no bass at all and all treble. Just turn your bass down on your sound system or tv and it starts sounding like Greg Alexander..

Coupled with the Whiney sinus sounding voice. Aren't you annoyed?

Also he never comments as the play happens. He just repeats what the main commentator said two or three plays ago.

I'm annoyed!! Your thoughts on commentators?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember turn your bass down to -10, pinch your nose and then you will hear the Greg Alexander in anyone

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't mind alexander.. Good analysis.. Btw he's not a play by play commentator.. He's there to ad expert opinion..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ben Ikin is one who irks me somewhat. Seems to be very opinionated towards certain sides.

Reactions: GDR

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
On Matty Johns show they have read out fans hate mail on Brandy haha, wether its a stitch up or not its funny :grinning:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ben Ikin is one who irks me somewhat. Seems to be very opinionated towards certain sides.
totally agree, way to much conflict of interest for him to be commentating.. His comments as so bias and tainted

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Better than Blocker Roach.
Yeah that half wit screaming go go go whilst commentating when the Tigers scored a 90 meter try against us one year did me..

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw him recently, he looks ghastly. Makes Gus Gould look like a spring chicken. On tv he looks about 25 years younger than he looks in real life. They must pack on that foundation.

That whiney voice though, does me head in.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Agreed he's a complete tosser against us. Hates us with a passion and so biased against us.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He doesn't like the Bulldogs always putting shit in them but it's all the truth cause we been rubbish last few years

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You who complain don't recognise how much truth he speaks. He doesn't sugar coat anything and tbh I think that's what needs to be done

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those that are critical of Greg Alexander have no idea. He is the no 1 co commentator and has been for over a decade. Steve Roach is horrendous & Ben Ikin putrid.
Mark Gasnier is quite decent. If he's critical of the Bulldogs its because they are probably playing like shit, which occurred on a regular basis during the last 2 years.

N

Natboy

I used to hate Alexander until I saw another side of him on the Matty John's show now I like him.

I can't stand Gasnier! What an annoying, dopey looking know-all!
He needs to realise he is talking to footy fans and not lecturing a chemistry class!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real character isnt shown on the matty johns show? Of course he will try to come across a "nice bloke"

Ive seen Greg Alexander on the street. Someone approached him and he was a pig of a man to him. I couldn't believe Alexanders brushing of this man.

In contrast I saw Paul Vautin on the street and he was approached, Paul is the nicest man you could ever see.

Its how they act when the camera isnt on them that shows their true colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.