Graham Vs O'Meley

Status
Not open for further replies.

alquillera

Waterboy
Reaction score
Who do you think would win this tough battle if both players are both on their prime?

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As I love both players I would rather think of them in the same team firing up each other!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The world would explode on impact.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Graham > Chuck Norris > O'Meley

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think a lot depends on the games rules and the team you are playing them in.

Back in the days of the shoulder charge I think O'Meley would be a fair chance of stopping Graham early on in the match. I seem to recall reading an article where it said a doctor had told him he had seen less severe shoulder injuries in car accident victims long before he signed with the chooks. Interchanges weren't as limited back then so O'Meley played more of a Kasiano role. Price played the long minutes and i see Graham as being similar to Price more than O'Meley. But to answer the question i think that O'Meley would probably line Graham up with a big shoulder at some stage and Graham would probably try to do the same. Both are very tough men though and i think luck might prevail in who made the big hit first. O'Meley sneaks in as my favorite under the old rules and in the side we had back then, because Graham would have a different forward pack round him. O'Meley would be in a race with team mates to line Graham up with a big hit. I half expected O'Meley would kill someone in a tackle at some stage. He was sponsored by a stretcher company and liked to let them plug their wares.

Under todays rules i think Graham comes off as the winner. His ability to play long minutes are so important to our interchange. He also has a crapload of ball playing ability. Both are strong defensively but i think a lot of O'Meleys ability to intimidate came from the fact that he lined so many players up with shoulder charges. He was an absolute battering ram in attack too and i think he would still top Graham as an interchange forward. But overall i think Graham would would run him into the ground if they both had to play 60-80 minutes.

I probably can't decide which of them is more passionate, and to be fair they play the same position but different roles. Best comparison i can make between players and teams of the time is O'Meley filled more of the Kasiano role (big impact in short-medium length stints), while Graham plays more of the Price role (Run hard and tackle like machines for long stints to allow the impact players to be rotated requently). All i can say is that if they played against each other in their prime both would go home with bruises.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
O'Meley had a tendency to knock out anyone who even dared suggest the 'Dogs pack was soft, it was pretty hilarious and amazing to watch. Will never ever forget that Gibbs KO.

Graham is a more complete player by far.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who would win? The Bulldogs... The Bulldogs would win.

Just imagine it. Graham grinding out the metres on the field then Shrek coming on and hammer through the middle.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2 diff kinds of players, Graham is the more complete player imo he can do everything that shrek could do but with a shitload more, But they really shouldnt be compared played in diff eras the game has changed alot since the early 2000s

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who would win? The Bulldogs... The Bulldogs would win.

Just imagine it. Graham grinding out the metres on the field then Shrek coming on and hammer through the middle.
How about Bupa slipping "that pass" to Shrek at flat strap. The metres gained and forward domination would give us all that aint it great to be a Bulldog feeling.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How good are the props we've had over the last decade.

O'Meley
Price
Asotasi
Mason
Hannant
Tolman
Graham
Kasiano
Fred Briggs

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
08. Mark O'Meley
09. Corey Hughes
10. Steve Price
11. Willie Mason
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Tony Grimaldi

14. Adam Perry
15. Reni Maitua
16. Roy Asotasi
17. Sonny Bill Williams

08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Ennis
10. James Graham
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Tony Williams
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Josh Jackson
15. Dale Finucane
16. Sam Kasiano
17. David Klemmer

Who wins...

uk_bulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
They probably would have played against each other, think it was 2010 omeley was a cornerstone of the hull fc pack, he was still a top forward back then, think he was in his late 20s at the time, sadly I cant remember if there was any battles,but that season omeley was one of the toughest props in the league

Ricky Stuart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well with these current rules, O'Meley would be suspended for half the season

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
next time try something easier like scarlett johansson 2006 vs kate upton

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think neither would win, they would both smash against eachother until they couldn't stand...then get up and do it a few more times.

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
08. Mark O'Meley
09. Corey Hughes
10. Steve Price
11. Willie Mason
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Tony Grimaldi

14. Adam Perry
15. Reni Maitua
16. Roy Asotasi
17. Sonny Bill Williams

08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Ennis
10. James Graham
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Tony Williams
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Josh Jackson
15. Dale Finucane
16. Sam Kasiano
17. David Klemmer

Who wins...
You can throw Nate Myles in there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.