Graham: Inside the meeting that made me a Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Great to go from one club to another where all the fans also want the coach sacked! Lmao

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Graham, how about move to St George, you can stay living in your house next to your mates down in the Shire and get paid for the next 5 yrs at a ridiculous wage?

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good on you Jammer, you've given the Bulldogs everything you could have given them as a player and leader.

His little chat with Ray Dib didn't sound real warm and comforting: "My first reaction to my meeting with Ray was surprise and disappointment"

Anyway, best wishes for the St George-Illawarra change. I really hope it is a good one for you and your family.

Last edited:

Boldslug

Waterboy
Reaction score
I wonder if anything can be read into the words "It’s clear to me that the Dragons are Paul McGregor’s team". Does this mean that the Dragons players have bought into the coaches message, whereas the Bulldogs players have not?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if anything can be read into the words "It’s clear to me that the Dragons are Paul McGregor’s team". Does this mean that the Dragons players have bought into the coaches message, whereas the Bulldogs players have not?
Good point. Maybe it means that the team isn't Des'. Maybe its Dibs and/or Dymicks and Des has been frozen out.....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
James Graham turned 32 yesterday (happy birthday James!). He has played 402 1st class games & has been battered from pillar to post. He had 1 year left on his contract with the dogs. He was offered an astounding 3 years to go to the dragons. 2 should have been the most in my mind - just look at his nerve injury this season. This is where the injuries start to build up in a forward's career. It is beneficial to both James & the woefully administered dogs. We get salary cap relief & he gets 3 years - a 2 year guarantee on his existing contract.

I hope that a change will invigorate his career. I just hope he doesn't find form against us.

All the best James & thanks for your service to our beloved club.
Nice. I read somewhere that the contract he has been offered is a two year guarantee, one year option so you are pretty much spot on with your 2 at the most. Honestly don't think he will see out the three. Will be interesting to see how they use him at the Drags.Shorter stints probably better value and a way to prolong his career.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"It's clear to me that the dragons are Paul mcgregors team now"

...not for long. Massive fail of a coach
He couldn't mention the other reason his leaving - Hasler will be there soon with Tolman!

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
''A great club like St George'' ive never heard so much dribble from one player in the one interview counting out Timmy Mannah.

Reactions: CCC

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Even though the third years option is the choice of the Dragons.
Ahhh I didn't know that, now the whole thing makes a lot more sense.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
2 captains gone under one coach lol
as ive said before i bet he kills it at the dragons

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn't really his best season but still not happy about it, proves management mishandled this year.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meh his best is past him. Thank for the memories and the whole hearted effort you put in week in week out for the Blue & White jersey but i think we'll see him struggle next year and beyond as age and injuries have finally caught up with him.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Could have saved the whole interview by saying "I signed with the Dragons 'cause they wear the same colours as St Helens"

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm I wonder if Graham really would have stayed. He has a sweet gig once a week on Fox Sports and I doubt they'd have two guys come in from the same team now that Woods has signed. He probably sees what Ennis has done in his media and realises a pommy accent and a 24/7 league channel should mean more opportunities in the future.

At 32 it would have been nice if he had said I only want to play one more year and retire a Bulldog. Funny thing is being an expert kennel accountant I calculate that if we weren't subsidising part of Lloyd Perret's contract, we could probably have afforded Graham's backended deal.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They gave us a past his best winger we give them a past his best prop.
I get a feeling the merge where desperate for a forward of james' calabre and would have paid almost his worth of what we would of paid him next year.
I don't believe they got a bargain.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Could have saved the whole interview by saying "I signed with the Dragons 'cause they wear the same colours as St Helens"
He mentioned that somewhere in a discussion in the last week or so, I think on NRL 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.