Gould is still being chased by the bulldogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He saved the f###ing game during a once in a blue moon pandemic, he’s now trying to clean up an issue around head high tackles which is potentially heading for a lawsuit and he’s making the game more attractive and less “thug life” to win back over mums and dads, that’s where the future talent pool comes from, kids choosing Rugby League and more importantly, parents broadly supporting them.

I’m not sure why the hate on PV, but I’d like to keep the focus on our club and what we are doing, only strong leadership will get us back on the horse.
Because he has ruined the game. The gap between the top teams and the bottom teams is way too far apart now. FFS since when did the 8th placed team lose more games than it won. Currently the sharks are in 8th spot with 6 wins and 9 losses. Imagine that, winning only 40% of your games and making the finals… I remember when the top 8 used to be decided at the last minute of the last round, and at the times when any team could beat any team on a given day.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
SHOOSH

Which Sydney-based club still hasn’t given up hope of convincing Phil ‘Gus’ Gould to quit the New Zealand Warriors to oversee a much-needed football department shake-up and major overhaul of their roster.

Phil Gould is in hot demand. Picture: 7News
Oh fuck who could this be!?’

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Some are also forgetting that Penrith started becoming successful once he fucked off. His meddling with the coaches was toxic.
That’s no to say he didn’t set the club on the right path with their junior development, but Penrith have a massive catchment .
That’s just icing. Gould made cake.
He flipped a big deficit into 400 mil profit or something like this and stabilised junior retention.
His 5 year plan has been realised.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because he has ruined the game. The gap between the top teams and the bottom teams is way too far apart now. FFS since when did the 8th placed team lose more games than it won. Currently the sharks are in 8th spot with 6 wins and 9 losses. Imagine that, winning only 40% of your games and making the finals… I remember when the top 8 used to be decided at the last minute of the last round, and at the times when any team could beat any team on a given day.
The top teams at the moment have generational players and incredible spines, the rest of us are making do with what is left over or relying on junior depth, that’s purely down to timing, luck, junior pathways, savvy recruiting or exceptional scouting.

I don’t know how this is PV’s doing?

In 2003, 2004 and again behind the Ben Barba Dally M run in 2012 we were doing the flogging, when you have a forward pack like we did in 2004 and a fullback that was in the same form as Turbo is now, it helps.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m hearing from a reliable source (player manager ) that we are still going hard after Gould and he would consider the role if we upped our offer !! After this weekend, you would think that this is a possibility!!!
Bellamy or Bennett would be better.

Less hot air and won’t take 10 years

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some are also forgetting that Penrith started becoming successful once he fucked off. His meddling with the coaches was toxic.
That’s no to say he didn’t set the club on the right path with their junior development, but Penrith have a massive catchment .
Sorry no gf wins since 2003, during that time we knocked out Penrith 2014 with a over achieving team. He left last year and that team watch how he speaks individually about all players he explained chn, Staines , Cleary etc. against his ego he again Cleary sr . We need him he loves the dogs . Watch him when he speaks about our team. He won a gf with us he is what we need

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having him in our corner also helps our image in the media immensely. Since he is so tightly integrated with all the shit-throwers you'd see a lot less being tossed in our general direction.
Draw card nsw players

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it's true that it's about the money then why are we being tight asses when it comes to hiring someone for such an important role? Aren't we supposed to be one of the richest clubs in the NRL (thanks to our leagues club). Baz isn't on a huge contract himself so just pay Gus what he wants and get it done FFS.

Gus, whether you like him or not, is a master salesman and he will help get elite players to our club and steer us in the right direction. I can't believe we're risking losing out on Gus because we're trying to be cute with our offer. Beggars can't be choosers so let's sort this shit out
The longer we wait getting Gould or Bellamy, the more it's going to cost the club. Must get one or the other & soon!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He saved the f###ing game during a once in a blue moon pandemic, he’s now trying to clean up an issue around head high tackles which is potentially heading for a lawsuit and he’s making the game more attractive and less “thug life” to win back over mums and dads, that’s where the future talent pool comes from, kids choosing Rugby League and more importantly, parents broadly supporting them.

I’m not sure why the hate on PV, but I’d like to keep the focus on our club and what we are doing, only strong leadership will get us back on the horse.
He should never have gotten involved with rule changes. It's a disaster & I don't know anybody that likes what he has done to the game. Soon nobody except those with OCD will be watching. If I didn't have DogOCD I wouldn't bother with the sport any more.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gould will put the broom through the joint. So he wants more money?
Why can’t we make that same offer to Bellamy though? He has built a dynasty at the Storm , the creator of a production line of top players that know how to win.
Not only can coach, he has an eye for talent and a knack of turning an average player into a good one.
If Gould is playing hard to get let’s knock on Bellamy’s door.
There are just some people who would not come to our club for any reason. They don't like us, and I think Bellamy is one of them. Gould has history with us, so he could be a chance.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Nah dude... League is to valuable an asset the big wigs at in TV wouldn't have let it die. So even if Peter Beattie was in-charge NRL still would have survived covid. Seriously though I'd have rathered the game die instantly from covid then have to watch it's slow painful death due to reactive rule changes... Contact to the head issues is in a good place now, but the other bullshit has gotta be reverted

Status
Not open for further replies.