Goodwin to tackle Hayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Slater has one bad game and he should be replaced?
According to Sheen's players were playing for their positions.

Based on this mornings performance, Hayne deserves a shot at the fullbacks jersey given not much seperated them before this tournament started.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
yeah right goodwin is better than hayne.... hmmm what a load of crap.
No - that's not what I said. Please re-read my post.

However, Goodwin was obviously better than Hayne in today's game Aust v NZ.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
you obviously have no clue about rugby league. at fullback you need to talk to the guys in front of you in defense, position yourself for kicks, be a good last line defender etc. its actually one of the hardest positions to play.

Quite frankly hayne is dangerous in any position. just look at his state of origin efforts.
Position yourself for kicks, please. They stand about 30-40 metres back, name me one fullback who gets constantly caught out when taking a kick, Hayne is not a good line defender at all as he constantly air swings and how many try savers have you seen Hayne pull off?

Hayne was dangerous on Sunday morning...see those 3 runs he had all game?

I have no clue about Rugby League? This coming from the guy who had three quarters of the Penrith Panthers' cock in his mouth....

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
Position yourself for kicks, please. They stand about 30-40 metres back, name me one fullback who gets constantly caught out when taking a kick, Hayne is not a good line defender at all as he constantly air swings and how many try savers have you seen Hayne pull off?

I have no clue about Rugby League? This coming from the guy who had three quarters of the Penrith Panthers' cock in his mouth....
:roflol:

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goowin played terrific in the game against AUS... he will become one of the best next year by the way he played

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

lol, you are absolutely kidding

lets see you try and anticipate where a grubber kick is going when defending on the line. or trying to position yourself for a chip kick in goal with about 5 defenders bearing down on you. or defending when there is a two on one situation as a last line of defense. I repeat you have no clue.

If hayne is not a good defender on the line, i shudder what you think about slater based on Sundays performance. He let hohaia brush him off like a *****. then he didn't even try to tackle franky pritchard. what a disgrace. hayne would have made those tackles no doubt about it.

put hayne to fullback, where he carved everyone up, and lets see what happens... as for his defense, he is rock solid. ask lockyer (re world cup v fiji) whether hayne air swings. his on the line defense is very good, you;ve got no clue. He's one of the strongest players there is right now.

so let me get this straight, you think that hayne is a crap player do you??? you've got no clue. if he was a bulldog you'd be juggling his balls in your mouth!

p.s. panthers lost petero for half the year... a big loss for any team, particularly a young side.

Last edited by a moderator:

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference between Hayne and Inglis is that GI did go looking for the ball.
GI was playing in the centres, which means the ball comes to him before it gets to the wing... derrrrr.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
lol, you are absolutely kidding

lets see you try and anticipate where a grubber kick is going when defending on the line. or trying to position yourself for a chip kick in goal with about 5 defenders bearing down on you. or defending when there is a two on one situation as a last line of defense. I repeat you have no clue.

If hayne is not a good defender on the line, i shudder what you think about slater based on Sundays performance. He let hohaia brush him off like a *****. then he didn't even try to tackle franky pritchard. what a disgrace. hayne would have made those tackles no doubt about it.

put hayne to fullback, where he carved everyone up, and lets see what happens... as for his defense, he is rock solid. ask lockyer (re world cup v fiji) whether hayne air swings. his on the line defense is very good, you;ve got no clue. He's one of the strongest players there is right now.

so let me get this straight, you think that hayne is a crap player do you??? you've got no clue. if he was a bulldog you'd be juggling his balls in your mouth!

p.s. panthers lost petero for half the year... a big loss for any team, particularly a young side.
Yeah, I'm clueless.....

When and where, in fact quote me, when I said Hayne was "a crap player." Take your time.

If you got off your knees for one second you'd see Slater is, was and always will be the better FULLBACK. From day one Slater has been one of the best FB's in the NRL. Puppets like you don't realise that because those respected journalists at the Telegraph and Sydney Morning Herald tell you otherwise.

LOL "they lost a front rower for half a year" Singing a different tune now. Remember all those no name kids you were giving head to earlier in the year while rubbishing our squad? Where did they go?

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm clueless.....

When and where, in fact quote me, when I said Hayne was "a crap player." Take your time.

If you got off your knees for one second you'd see Slater is, was and always will be the better FULLBACK. From day one Slater has been one of the best FB's in the NRL. Puppets like you don't realise that because those respected journalists at the Telegraph and Sydney Morning Herald tell you otherwise.

LOL "they lost a front rower for half a year" Singing a different tune now. Remember all those no name kids you were giving head to earlier in the year while rubbishing our squad? Where did they go?
slater is one of the best fullbacks, but so is hayne. And hayne happened to be the BEST player in the comp this year. as for who is better in the long-run, time will tell. but if hayne continues his form from 09, he beats slater any day of the week. Slater has never had the impact hayne had in 09. Hayne can do so many more things than slater (e.g. kicking game, tackling, play making). No, slater is not better than hayne.And a dally m medal proves that point. if his form continues, hayne wins hands down.

if anyone were to read your threads, then you could only conclude that you think hayne was a crap player. truth is, if he was playing in blue and white, you'd be praising him no end.

Slater stuffd up massively on sunday morning. tell me why he should retain his spot after that effort. Hayne's involvement was minimal, but that can happen when you're playing on the wing - and his least preferred wing at that cos Morris was playing on his preferred left side. But he never stuffed up like billy did. remember he did win the ball from the restart that eventually led to smith's try. he's a quality player and thoroughly deserves to be playing for Australia.

As for the panthers, they have more reps than we do. losing petero was a severe loss for them. they have recruited well in the off season with kingston and luarie. they will be a force if they can keep their side healthy. I never changed my tune, injuries went against penrith. for them its simply a matter of staying healthy and getting the formula right. with a pack containing petero, laurie, lewis, pritchard, puletua, waterhouse and co, they still have plenty of potential. they are starting to look like the 2003 side. as for us, we've lost Eastwood and haven't really replaced him. plus if anything happens to noddy, it could go very badly for us in 2010.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
slater is one of the best fullbacks, but so is hayne. And hayne happened to be the BEST player in the comp this year. as for who is better in the long-run, time will tell. but if hayne continues his form from 09, he beats slater any day of the week. Slater has never had the impact hayne had in 09. Hayne can do so many more things than slater (e.g. kicking game, tackling, play making). No, slater is not better than hayne.And a dally m medal proves that point. if his form continues, hayne wins hands down.
LOL "Slater is not better than Hayne, a Dally M proves that"

I don't need to add anything to that...

if anyone were to read your threads, then you could only conclude that you think hayne was a crap player. truth is, if he was playing in blue and white, you'd be praising him no end.
So..... you can't quote me that I said Hayne was crap. Gotcha.

Slater stuffd up massively on sunday morning. tell me why he should retain his spot after that effort. Hayne's involvement was minimal, but that can happen when you're playing on the wing - and his least preferred wing at that cos Morris was playing on his preferred left side. But he never stuffed up like billy did. remember he did win the ball from the restart that eventually led to smith's try. he's a quality player and thoroughly deserves to be playing for Australia.
I never questioned Hayne's selection, he was one of my first players picked AFTER Slater. Slater stuffed up but a player of that quality doesn't deserve to lose his position as everyone stuffs up/has a bad game here and there.

As for the panthers, they have more reps than we do. losing petero was a severe loss for them. they have recruited well in the off season with kingston and luarie. they will be a force if they can keep their side healthy. I never changed my tune, injuries went against penrith. for them its simply a matter of staying healthy and getting the formula right. with a pack containing petero, laurie, lewis, pritchard, puletua, waterhouse and co, they still have plenty of potential. they are starting to look like the 2003 side. as for us, we've lost Eastwood and haven't really replaced him. plus if anything happens to noddy, it could go very badly for us in 2010.
Dane Laurie is a good recruit? OK.

That's all Penrith have, the big name players who promise so much yet fail to deliver year after year. There's a reason why they've got their ass handed to them since 2003.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL "Slater is not better than Hayne, a Dally M proves that"

I don't need to add anything to that...

So..... you can't quote me that I said Hayne was crap. Gotcha.

I never questioned Hayne's selection, he was one of my first players picked AFTER Slater. Slater stuffed up but a player of that quality doesn't deserve to lose his position as everyone stuffs up/has a bad game here and there.

blah blah blah.... if he stuffs up again then he should be rotated to the wing. what's the point of rep footy if you're not accountable for poor performances?

Dane Laurie is a good recruit? OK. Needed a change. anyone with that brut size and power is a good recruit

That's all Penrith have, the big name players who promise so much yet fail to deliver year after year. There's a reason why they've got their ass handed to them since 2003.
Dally M proves that hayne was better than slater this year. I personally think that outplaying every other player during the course of the year means that you are the best. Slater has never been that dominant to warrant a dally m player of the year. Never. and he probably won't ever get the player of the year. he might never get fullback of the year again either, if hayne continues to play the way he did in 2009. hayne was the best player in 2009 bar none. Slater had a great gf. he got the clive churchill medal, although most think that should have gone to cronk (himself included). unlike you, most ppl had the fullback jumper neck and neck between the two. now that billy's had his chance and failed, we should now give hayne the jumper he rightfully deserves given his form. If slater was so far ahead of the next bext fullback, then sure give him another chance. But he's neck and neck with hayne right now. he stuffed up and that should be enuf for hayne to get the nod imo.

Gotcha my a$$. you didn't need to say it. one look back at your comments on this thread is enuf for anyone to come to that conclusion.

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score

'Slater has never had the impact Hayne had in 09'- bollocks. Not only has he dominated, it has been for more than 10 or 12 rounds in a year.
How many times has he handed NSW their ass in State of Origin? Hayne's got a chance to become as good as Slater, but he'll need to do a lot more than play well for half a season.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
'Slater has never had the impact Hayne had in 09'- bollocks. Not only has he dominated, it has been for more than 10 or 12 rounds in a year.
How many times has he handed NSW their ass in State of Origin? Hayne's got a chance to become as good as Slater, but he'll need to do a lot more than play well for half a season.
i agree that hayne will need to show this kind of form in the long-run. But i stand by the statement that slater has not ever played as well as hayne is now. he gave jonathon thurston a half-year start and still caught him. Billy has never even gotten close to that. bearing in mind that he was out of position half the year, also bearing in mind that slater plays with a team of champions and hayne doesn't. parra simply don't have that calibre of players, particularly over the last 4 years. That makes Hayne's feat even more impressive.

he's bigger, stronger, better kicker, an absolute handful to tackle... i think that he's just a more imposing athlete. Slats has had two shockers now against the kiwis. the world cup final and now on sunday. how many more chances will he have with hayne breathing down his neck??? c'mon you hayne haters give it up. he deserves all the accolades he's received.

As for NSW getting smashed, yes i agree. But it wasn't all Slater. with this in mind, it is beyond doubt that the only NSW player that can hold his head high over the course of the series (not just game three) was hayne. had he been playing fullback who knows what might of happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.