Good restaurants make you pay after? Cheap restaurants make you pay before you eat?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you noticed that good restaurants let you sit down, you order from a menu and eat and drink and then pay at the end when you leave?

but cheap restaurantsmake you pay before they start cooking? You eat after you pay?

I find it bizarre that the more expensive restaurants let you rack up a bill, then hope you don’t do the runner? Do they have a few Scott sattlers waiting outside ready for a cover tackle if you try run?

the cheap restaurants, even though cheaper won’t give you the option to run as you gotta pay upfront

does it have to do with the calibre of people that go to good restaurants? They have money and more interested in a good meal rather than doing the runner?

where cheap people can’t be trusted not to do the runner?

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you noticed that good restaurants let you sit down, you order from a menu and eat and drink and then pay at the end when you leave?

but cheap restaurantsmake you pay before they start cooking? You eat after you pay?

I find it bizarre that the more expensive restaurants let you rack up a bill, then hope you don’t do the runner? Do they have a few Scott sattlers waiting outside ready for a cover tackle if you try run?

the cheap restaurants, even though cheaper won’t give you the option to run as you gotta pay upfront

does it have to do with the calibre of people that go to good restaurants? They have money and more interested in a good meal rather than doing the runner?

where cheap people can’t be trusted not to do the runner?
If you plug your nose, you can’t tell the difference between an apple, a potato, and an onion.

Facts

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Quality thread by blue boost here.
Yes boost I’ve noticed the crap restaurants want to be paid before you eat.

the yeeros shop in Marrickville I like to pay before I eat there though.
They get really busy with taking orders and it’s horrible after eating having to wait another 2 minutes to pay before leaving.

It’s Greek food though, best food in the world so you don’t need to worry if it’s going to be shit food or not?

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think you’ll find that the restaurants you are referring to are more take away then actual table service restaurants.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you’ll find that the restaurants you are referring to are more take away then actual table service restaurants.
oh you’re talking about some fancy restaurant where you pay $80 for an entree you could probably make at home for yourself for less than $15?
Yeah I’ve eaten at many of them and they’re ordinary.

unless it’s a fancy Greek restaurant of course.
Let’s not kid ourselves or be biased.
Greek food is number one!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
oh you’re talking about some fancy restaurant where you pay $80 for an entree you could probably make at home for yourself for less than $15?
Yeah I’ve eaten at many of them and they’re ordinary.

unless it’s a fancy Greek restaurant of course.
Let’s not kid ourselves or be biased.
Greek food is number one!
I don't mind the odd gyros here or there, but overall I find that Greek food is very fatty, and that's probably why it cooks faster.

In general though, (and I'm not picking on Greeks here), I find Greek people to be tight arses.

For instance, we had our office Christmas party at a Greek restaurant one year. They bring out all the foods like salads and veggies and stuff. We were so hungry as it took so long for these foods to come out, that we started eating a lot of them. Then at the very end the meat started coming out - and it was slim pickings considering it was meant to be a platter for the table.

I paid $150 for a meal that wasn't filling, was tasteless, and not any real value for money either considering that they didn't even provide anything more than table water as a drink in a very small cup.

I'll never set foot in that joint again.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Vietnamese for me is the best but Greek and Lebo are close seconds

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Vietnamese for me is the best but Greek and Lebo are close seconds
For me:

- Japanese
- Lebanese
- Chinese

But as a proud Lebanese wahesh, Mum's cooking is head and shoulders above anything else.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
For me:

- Japanese
- Lebanese
- Chinese

But as a proud Lebanese wahesh, Mum's cooking is head and shoulders above anything else.
I’m coming over for a feed then.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s an island in Greece where it’s normal for people to easily live well into their 90’s.
I’m sure their diet is a contributing factor?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Another thing about food, generally if the place is always busy then the food is good?
Not always true though.

There are particular suburbs in this country where people have rubbish taste buds.
Or love eating food that has been sitting frozen for over one week before being cooked?

I’ve always said you cannot take a drunk’s opinion on what is good food?
People who drink alcohol and become intoxicated are the worst judges of character and good food!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Another thing about food, generally if the place is always busy then the food is good?
Not always true though.

There are particular suburbs in this country where people have rubbish taste buds.
Or love eating food that has been sitting frozen for over one week before being cooked?

People who drink alcohol and become intoxicated are the worst judges of character and good food!
I've noticed if a ethnic place is full of that ethnicity then 9 times out of 10 it's good food.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Not always true though.

We took the advice of someone who got stoned (meh not a big deal I don’t touch it but meh) and went to Kickin Inn in Petersham and said it was epic. On the advice we went and I’ve never paid that much for a shiter dining experience. The seafood smelled like seafood and tasted like rubber bands.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
We took the advice of someone who got stoned (meh not a big deal I don’t touch it but meh) and went to Kickin Inn in Petersham and said it was epic. On the advice we went and I’ve never paid that much for a shiter dining experience. The seafood smelled like seafood and tasted like rubber bands.
You sure you don’t smoke weed? The seafood smelled like seafood?
Yeah I wouldn’t trust a stoners judgement either when they’re really hungry.

drugs or not, too many Aussies have shit taste buds.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
You sure you don’t smoke weed? The seafood smelled like seafood?
Yeah I wouldn’t trust a stoners judgement either when they’re really hungry.

drugs or not, too many Aussies have shit taste buds.
Fresh seafood should smell like salt and the ocean not Limnos seafood in Belmore or the Carpark bins at the fish markets. Frozen for who knows how long cloudy eyes absolute shit.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to a rather expensive restaurant last weekend. I ordered ravioli on the menu and no joke, 4 pieces of ravioli come out on a plate.. a bit of olive oil splashed on it and they charged a ridiculous price.

for the price I paid, I would expect a bowl full of ravioli. When I received my plate I said, where’s the rest? Do I need to get McDonald’s on the way home?

I know a big quantity meal doesn’t make it nice but 4 pieces on a big plate? It even looked ridiculous, like I received someone’s leftovers

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
in all seriousness, i hate those qr codes on tables everywhere now. Just give me a fucking menu i can actually read.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also a busy place does not mean a good food place.. usually it’s cheap, they give you a big bucket of fries / rice and people perceive this as top value.

I worked at a food place and a customer complained once his food portion was too small. He made gestures with his hands about how big it should be.. you could give him a big dog shit on his plate to fill it up and he would be very happy but a nicely cooked marble Score 7 steak he says was too small

Last edited: