Good News Kennelers!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Haztrick

Definitely would not pay $550,000 a season for Folau. I wouldn't mind Cooper is Folau doesn't come.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I do think Izzy would be a great asset to the club he isn't worth that much.

I'd only pay that kind of money to someone like JT.

kingdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
why waste 550 k on a very good player.. get two good players for half that!

kingdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
we shuld only be payin 550 k for a ****n halfback five eight or prop. not a centre.. cos its not like we hve bad ones.. millard tonga winitana and even nani can play in their

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a little worried about how long Folau will stay in the centres. He's a pretty big guy and still growing and might start to slow up - particularly if he get;s a couple of knee injuries - and then he's into the second row. And I don't think we need to spend more than $400k for another second rower. Cooper on the other hand is older - and probably cheaper - but more likely to stay in the backs. I wouldn't judge Folau on one performance in the english rain. But it does remind us that he is to some extent still unproven. Remember Tonga played for Australia in his first season for us - and waht has he done since? We still don't really know what impact the injury has had on him.

But we definitely need some quality outside backs so at least the right sort of names are popping up.

He will stay in the centres mark my words.

They all thought big Mal would move into the forwards. Ditto Wendell.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
550 k is a WELL exaggerated figure

Daily Telegraph ALWAYS! post exagerated figures

ALWAYZ!
This could be a ploy of putting his asking price up from Melbourne.

I'll be very surprised if he signs with someone else TBH.

This might get him and extra $50K per year.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if that's what it costs you pay it, i would have thought that only halves would get that much but he's a rare talent

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but for that much ?

I'm not so sure. I guess if he signs for $450-$500K and we missed out on him by an extra $50K I'd rather lose someone else to get him.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol no way. Use want Waddell and Jennings. Isn't there 14 other clubs you can buy from haha!

We gave you Chevvy Penehoe for this year.
Yeah but we gave you Brett Howland before that.

You still owe us another talented player LOL..

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but for that much ?

I'm not so sure. I guess if he signs for $450-$500K and we missed out on him by an extra $50K I'd rather lose someone else to get him.
exactly, it's a lot of money but it's probably only $50-$100k over what most would say anyway and, really, that's not going to matter that much besides some it may be outside the cap anyway

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
exactly, it's a lot of money but it's probably only $50-$100k over what most would say anyway and, really, that's not going to matter that much besides some it may be outside the cap anyway
Sometimes clubs get in situations where they have to pay "overs" for players. With all the turmoil (whether people like it or not) and the uncertainty of the coaching position next year we are probably in that situation.

Souths were in that situation for the last 20 years. Raiders have been in that situation for the last 10 years.

Someone like Brisbane can pay "unders" due to Mr Bennett and the cheaper living conditions and the climate in Brisbane not to mention the culture of the club and how well they have done since their inception.

Dazza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah but we gave you Brett Howland before that.

You still owe us another talented player LOL..

Take Nathan Smith or Mark O'Hallaron then.

Seriously, if you want to see a real talent get to the stadium early tonight and watch Zoram Watene play in the 20's. The most naturally gifted young athelete i've seen. He will be playing halfback for the first time for Penrith. Usually plays Fullback/wing. His last two games for Penrith have brought 8 tries!

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take Nathan Smith or Mark O'Hallaron then.

Seriously, if you want to see a real talent get to the stadium early tonight and watch Zoram Watene play in the 20's. The most naturally gifted young athelete i've seen. He will be playing halfback for the first time for Penrith. Usually plays Fullback/wing. His last two games for Penrith have brought 8 tries!
If I wanted to see real talent I'd watch Ben Barba Shop run around for the Dogs ;)

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
i cant see him coming to the dogs

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
wouldnt want cooper at the dogs tbh

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I have strong doubt we would offer him 550, that would make him the highest paid person in the entire club. And what, hes had 1 good year? We can get 2 class players for 550 a year. What would u prefer? At least if one get injured, half your 550k is still running. Imagine this...pay Folau 550K....round 2 he stuffs his knee and is out for the season.

dogg4life

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sometimes clubs get in situations where they have to pay "overs" for players. With all the turmoil (whether people like it or not) and the uncertainty of the coaching position next year we are probably in that situation.

Souths were in that situation for the last 20 years. Raiders have been in that situation for the last 10 years.

Someone like Brisbane can pay "unders" due to Mr Bennett and the cheaper living conditions and the climate in Brisbane not to mention the culture of the club and how well they have done since their inception.
Tottaly agree.
We have a dumpload of money to spend but with what the media has done to our perception over the last few years, no one wants to play here.
The key is bennett..... We get him a.s.a.p and we might get 3 players of izzies class.
Look at justin hoidges. Signed last year for 300k(have him over any centre in the game at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.