God's Will? Hopoate will not play Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Totally agree Assassin
Not only that but if you look at Des coaching record historically, his first stint (2004 first year - 2008 championship year).
Dogs stint 2012 first year - 2016 5th season)

It has to be this year, all things being equal.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hoppa seems to organise our defence better then bmozz, and so far seems to read oppositions attacking plays better, bmoz brings a bit more speed and flair in attack as an individual but hoppa compliments or attacking line better as a whole.

I was a bit uncertain but the more i think about it i would prefer hoppa stay at fullback and let bmoz be one of the best wingers in the world for the bulldogs.
Yes Hoppa is a much better fullback imo. He doesn't have the out and out pace and power of Bmoz, but he has him covered everywhere else. Team is far better off with Hoppa at the back.

Kelster

Waterboy
Reaction score
I actually have no drama with Hoppa following is beliefs, but that may mean he cant be an NRL player. I f I want to do a certain job that rrquires me to work Mon - Fri, however I am only available Sun- Thurs then it stands to reason that I am simply an unsuitable employee due to business needs and I need to find other employment. Surely this is the same for ALL NRL players.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
How can people not take exception to this? If we make the GF and he doesn't play then the signing of Hopoate was a complete and utter waste of time. The top priority of the football department is the realisation of an NRL premiership. If he isn't going to compete in a GF, then he might as well not play for us at all.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How can people not take exception to this? If we make the GF and he doesn't play then the signing of Hopoate was a complete and utter waste of time. The top priority of the football department is the realisation of an NRL premiership. If he isn't going to compete in a GF, then he might as well not play for us at all.
I know aye, can't believe some people are supporting this move lol. I wonder if he followed a different faith and wanted to take friday off, would people still be happy? Doubt it.

I don't care if a player refuses to play 1 or 10 games, if he is a star or a reserve grader, still can't accept a player refusing to play at all. I understand some players take time off week to week for study, but you can't just flat out refuse to turn up on a day lol. I am filthy with the club.

DezDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with this, I can garuntee if we made the grand final he would play , it's better for us to have a player that is sitting out for good reasons then a player sitting out for being a drunken fuckstick ala Mitchell Pearce

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
next headline "channel 9 announce that they have picked the bulldogs for sunday afternoon football for 24 games in 2017"

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm relatively easy either way but what I don't like is that hoppa said he may be allowed to play on Grand final Sunday but no other Sunday. Like someone's religion/God/faith beliefs have exemptions for "grand final" Sunday's or World Cup final Sunday's.
This I don't agree with.
If it was blanket across the board that he couldn't play Sunday then I'd have more understanding and respect.

I hope abbey gets his chance and absolutely murders the role and remains in fg for the rest of the season!!!

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
next headline "channel 9 announce that they have picked the bulldogs for sunday afternoon football for 24 games in 2017"
I know what you're saying is tongue in cheek, but the point stands as long as we are getting contract parity it shouldn't matter.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes Hoppa is a much better fullback imo. He doesn't have the out and out pace and power of Bmoz, but he has him covered everywhere else. Team is far better off with Hoppa at the back.
It's not that black and white, on attacking sets we could have BMoz playing in a 2nd Fullback role as a "running back"

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok say we win 2 sudden death Sunday finals games to get to the GF all 17 Sunday players bust their arse then Hoppa says cool I wanna play in the GF now even though it's against my beliefs..... He has to be ruled out of the GF now no questions asked!

The players might be saying publicly that they support him but privately I bet many are pissed

I also take back everything I said about Mbye and his contact negotiations..... After this every dogs player has the right to feel like they should be given special allowances in their contracts and Castle has no right to deny Mbyes Des clause ( even though I don't agree with it) and her speech of club first, team second, individual third on this matter has her looking like a hypocritical goose

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I'm suspicious. What day do these guys go door-knocking?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
It's very simple hopa just look for another career NRL is not for you I respect your faith and good on you for sticking to your belief .
Just don't be selfish and give someone else ago who's trying hard to make it in first grade.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
It's very simple hopa just look for another career NRL is not for you I respect your faith and good on you for sticking to your belief .
Just don't be selfish and give someone else ago who's trying hard to make it in first grade.
My thoughts exactly. He wants Sunday's off then go work a Monday-Friday job its pretty simple.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's just hope Hoppa doesn't convert all our players to Mormons.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Did Hazem ever miss day games during Ramadan?
If this is the case, shouldn't players have the choice of not playing on good Friday or any other religious public holiday since they have the right to be at home with their families to celebrate their beliefs?

If this is true and it's in his contract, it'll surely open the door to a shit load more of ridiculous clauses to come. "...Will require full body massage with happy ending for every 15mins of game time"

AndrewRyan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's ridiculous. If it makes him unavailable for a grand final it's not really acceptable and if he decides he won't play Sunday's but will play in a GF, that's just as ridiculous. Every game should be as important as the next and you can't pick and choose when beliefs suit you. It's horseshit that shouldn't be accommodated. Be available for a season or find a new job.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
probably every non sunday day

that is exactly what he is doing though tbh
I see what you done there lol ,
but NRL is a full time job 26 weeks in the year unless you make the finals and you can't have days of cause of your belief .
If the job dosent

Status
Not open for further replies.