Go Aussies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigal Son

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Football World Cup is one of the few sporting events that I have looked forward to and which has meaning and relevance. Rugby League (in particular club rugby league) is an irrelevance by comparison.

I have seen every World Cup final (onTV!) since 1974 (although not every single match).

I remember the excitement of the 1974 World Cup and watching the "Socceroos" late at night on TV as a boy in 1974 (their matches against West Germany, East Germany and Chile). I remember the heartache (eg versus Iran in 1997) and the unfair and tortuous paths that Australia has had to try to overcome since 1974 (too lengthy to go into here).

After 32 years wait, I am pleased to see them progress to the final 16. I hope they can go much further, as it would be a just reward for the unfair treatment that Australia have had to put up with over the last 32 years.

I am confident they will win against Italy and (assuming they do) win their quarter final match against Ukraine/Switzerland, but I can't se them winning against Argentina/Germanyin the semi-final. Still, one never knows.....who wouldhave expected Greece to win the 2004 European Cup!

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i bet portugal never expected greece to win the euro cup. :roflol:
i agree with you, i'm confident australia can beat italy and switzerland/ukraine. i don't know if we can beat argentina or germany but i've got high hopes for getting third place. :p

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Prodigal Son said:
Who wouldhave expected Greece to win the 2004 European Cup!
I still here of bookies getting the Sh!ts when you talk about that, Quite a lot of them lost a packet!

tReLLoS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
my bros mate made a ****load of greece at the euros

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Bookies would have made a big loss if we beat Italy too. hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.