Give JAC the captaincy

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He’s been a loyal servant and led by example the entire time he’s been at the club. It shows a lot about his character that he stayed during the bad times at the detriment of his own career.
His talk with the ref at half time was a perfect example of great leadership.
He has been among the highest earner at the club for years, it's not like anyone else actually offered more to pry him away.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has been among the highest earner at the club for years, it's not like anyone else actually offered more to pry him away.
You have no way to know that though definitively. NRL player salaries has always been guesswork. He definitely didn’t need to re-sign with us in 2016 when he was still an origin player. Very few players of his standing actually stayed with us their whole careers. Let’s just ignore a club stalwart’s service and slag him right?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stripping Josh right now will do more harm than good to group, Burton also isn't anywhere near ready for the role. Best off waiting until next season when Mahoney is here because he looks like a genuine captain candidate.
Yep absolutely, I see future Bulldogs captain between Burton and Mahoney, but at this stage Burton doesn't need the extra pressure, and for Burton to be considered for the leadership group he would need to extend his contract. We need to extend him before November this year. He will effectively been open to offers from then on.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Nah he doesn’t need the C. I’d give it to Mahoney tbh.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I could hear him screaming at the boys not to fucking break through cummins mic at the game he and burton are my two favourite players after watching them play live. I am nursing my worst hangover in 20 years thanks to copious amounts of free cowboys JD and I couldn’t be happier.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
He brings the storm culture and disciple with him. He fired the boys up yesterday and gave them a spray after he won the captains challenge. He is the new player that can inspire others around him.

Jackson lacks the fire and has baggage from captaining last years wooden spoon team. He is a solid player but he is the past.

A new year needs fresh ideas and fresh faces with a different approach. JAC needs to be captain.
Cool your jets.....

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Itsd called a leadership group... He is already in it.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Same. After we had signed him I was watching him a bit more excited about what he will bring. But the fastest man on the planet has looked like he would easily get run down by both Manly wingers these days..
It was worrying when he had the line open and should’ve taken on Townsend and went for the corner post instead cut back infield and got tackled

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'd like to see him elevated to Vice Capt behind Jacko and a public recognition that this is exactly the type of enthusiasm and ownership on the field we now stand for.

New standards of disciplined excellence and winner mindset that complements the resilience of Jacko. With Jacko presenting him his jersey with VC on the sleeve and JJ has the C.

It's beneficial for JJ to now get a breather on the bench now that we have some decent forward power, so we need a VC with the best reputation and leadership skills in the team to deputise for JJ.

Looks like Fox is that guy.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He brings the storm culture and disciple with him. He fired the boys up yesterday and gave them a spray after he won the captains challenge. He is the new player that can inspire others around him.

Jackson lacks the fire and has baggage from captaining last years wooden spoon team. He is a solid player but he is the past.

A new year needs fresh ideas and fresh faces with a different approach. JAC needs to be captain.
He doesn't need to be captain to be a leader for us. As long as Jackson starts, he is captain for mine.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He doesn't need to be captain to be a leader for us. As long as Jackson starts, he is captain for mine.
Jacko may have slowed down and not at the peak of his playing career but he is respected by the players as a capt who gives his all at training and the game.

It would be disrespectful and bad for the culture we are trying to build back up to dump him.

A natural progression is a better way to go and a leader emerge next year perhaps.

Capt not the go for Fox.

Possibly 2-3 vice captains to cover for injuries, concussion protocols , Covid etc is the way to go and Fox one of them so there is a clear cut chain of command when JJ not on the field.

Perhaps this is in place already ... but it would be good to have these guys publicly acknowledged with their added responsibility and for the stability of the team.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC, should concentrate on running fast and going for the corner instead of stepping back inside like he did yesterday. He was recruited for his pace, we are yet to see it. Jacko is the best option we have as Captain at the moment.
Hey Bazil just after that he pulled a muscle with cramps. I think he started running and got twinges so he stepped inside not to be forced over the outside line. It looked pretty clear to me after he stayed down.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Disagree. Just because Jacko doesn’t make loud sprays on the field doesn’t mean he’s not a good Captain. He’s also been around since the GF teams of 2012/14 so he knows the Bulldog grind. His half time chat with Cummins was spot on - calling out what he saw as inconsistencies whilst later acknowledging in the presser that especially in the first half we let ourselves down in some key areas. JAC does well as part of the leadership team but should focus on his game and how he can inspire the team, which he doesn’t necessarily need a (c) next to his name to do.
Definitely think that Jacko is growing into the captaincy

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC doesn’t need to be captain but something need’s to be done about cummins blatant attempt’s at fixing matches against us every time he refs our games
Its becoming more and more obvious with every game he does. I'm sure he jumped at the chance to do us after Clark pulled out due to covit protocols.