Give JAC the captaincy

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JAC hasn't been the same since around midseason last year, looks to be having some hamstring issues and doesn't have the same explosive pace he once had. Not sure if it's a mental thing but I defenitely noticed it at the Storm first.
Same. After we had signed him I was watching him a bit more excited about what he will bring. But the fastest man on the planet has looked like he would easily get run down by both Manly wingers these days..

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson looked far from "broken" last night, he was totally on his game and also in the ref's ear to our great benefit.

Always a Bulldog
Agree. The half break he made was refreshing. Pity no one backing up on the outside. It will come tho

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NO.. jacko keeps it, fox is better doing what he’s doing as he does give the boys confidence with all his pumping them up etc.

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score
JAC hasn't been the same since around midseason last year, looks to be having some hamstring issues and doesn't have the same explosive pace he once had. Not sure if it's a mental thing but I defenitely noticed it at the Storm first.
This

Do not be surprised if he's run down more often than you would think. Underlying injury that won't stop him from playing but will hurt attacking flair we've come to expect. It was somewhere around mid season last year, because round 4 GPS tracker clocked him at 38.1kmh which was fastest for the year. His defence and reads are fantastic, but I would say Coates, Saab, Savage, Hammer, Koula Farmworth, Johnston all chase him down in open space now unfortunately.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
An army of sheep led by a lion would beat an army of lions led by a sheep. Josh Jackson is a sheep and should not be captain. Make JAC or Matt Burton captain now.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He brings the storm culture and disciple with him. He fired the boys up yesterday and gave them a spray after he won the captains challenge. He is the new player that can inspire others around him.

Jackson lacks the fire and has baggage from captaining last years wooden spoon team. He is a solid player but he is the past.

A new year needs fresh ideas and fresh faces with a different approach. JAC needs to be captain.
What a load of rubbish. Jacko owned that little prick Cummins at half time and look what happened in the second half! Jacko doing captain type things. JAC is not the Bulldog that Josh Jackson is and quite possibly never will be.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hard to captain from the wing. Fox will be a leader regardless. IMO, taking the captaincy away from JJ would hurt the group. Looks like Fox is captain whenever Jackson is off. See how it works. Fox is the player that every team needs and the bulldogs have not had for many years. He brings people together and is a marketing dream..lets trot baby!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is brilliant from JAC. Leading by example with good work ethic.
You can’t put a value on this!! What we have been lacking verbal leadership and a Rev up!

Back in 2004 we had practically the entire squad doing this and more recently Jimmy Graham.

I think JAC relishes being that voice and leader within the team..upward an onward!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This

Do not be surprised if he's run down more often than you would think. Underlying injury that won't stop him from playing but will hurt attacking flair we've come to expect. It was somewhere around mid season last year, because round 4 GPS tracker clocked him at 38.1kmh which was fastest for the year. His defence and reads are fantastic, but I would say Coates, Saab, Savage, Hammer, Koula Farmworth, Johnston all chase him down in open space now unfortunately.
The problem for me is that JAC has never really had great footwork and has always relied on that quick burst of acceleration to beat players, without that he just doesn't offer the same threat. It's something to keep an eye on over the coming weeks.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
An army of sheep led by a lion would beat an army of lions led by a sheep. Josh Jackson is a sheep and should not be captain. Make JAC or Matt Burton captain now.
Stripping Josh right now will do more harm than good to group, Burton also isn't anywhere near ready for the role. Best off waiting until next season when Mahoney is here because he looks like a genuine captain candidate.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can’t put a value on this!! What we have been lacking verbal leadership and a Rev up!

Back in 2004 we had practically the entire squad doing this and more recently Jimmy Graham.

I think JAC relishes being that voice and leader within the team..upward an onward!!
100% its not just his voice, but his voice in certain circumstances.

Like in this video, JAC creating that sense of urgency.

If he didn't say anything the squad would have just been dawdling around waiting to play the ball.

That 100% is the big difference having JAC in the team, whether that be a Storm culture or not, exactly what we needed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Are you finally admitting you rate Jackson the player :tearsofjoy:
It's not that I don't rate him, it's just that I've always thought our fans have overrated him. He's been a good player over his career but I don't think he's good enough to be a key player these days and has never really been the on field leader we need.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JAC is a great leader and doesn't need the (c) beside his name AND I feel like he's way too emotional to be the captain.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not that I don't rate him, it's just that I've always thought our fans have overrated him. He's been a good player over his career but I don't think he's good enough to be a key player these days and has never really been the on field leader we need.
He’s been a loyal servant and led by example the entire time he’s been at the club. It shows a lot about his character that he stayed during the bad times at the detriment of his own career.
His talk with the ref at half time was a perfect example of great leadership.