Give Cleeland a go

Status
Not open for further replies.

addoujspark

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fucken sick of jmk been thrown under the bus jmk is no halfback played his guys out and still cops the slack cleeland needs a crack agreed but jmk has done no wrong with him been Left in the side Frawley played crazy in nsw cup

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are destroying Lewis’s career playing him in the centres.
I'm hoping this is grooming for Lewis to become an NRL utility even though he'll slot into the halves without an issue. Coaching staff have got the kid wrong, simple and I also suspect Pay purchasing Cogger has something to do with it.

Last edited:

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cleeland 27 will never play NRL so no point having him even playing IPS just holding up the development of others

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry have to agree a lot of people... no thanks. He ain’t any better then anyone we have. Great motor on him but he creates nothing. Good for depth but not proving himself much from what I’ve seen

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fucken sick of jmk been thrown under the bus jmk is no halfback played his guys out and still cops the slack cleeland needs a crack agreed but jmk has done no wrong with him been Left in the side Frawley played crazy in nsw cup
Yea mate! Well said ... I’m feel the same an it’s getting old.. leave him alone ffs.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our problem is a very simple one...Fixing it is hard !
Hooker and Halves DO NOT HAVE THE SPARK AND SPEED THAT WOULD MAKE THE OPPOSITIONS DEFENSE THINK TWICE AND WONDER WHAT OUR ATTACK IS UP TO...EASILY READ !!!
Could this combination work ?
1 Mbye
6 Foran
7 Lewis or Frawley
9 Brown
14 Lichaa
I think it should be given a shot...nothing to loose !!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm hoping this is grooming for Lewis to become an NRL utility even though he'll slot into the halves without an issue. Coaching staff have got the kid wrong, simple and I also suspect Pay purchasing Cogger has something to do with it.
I think they are seeing if he is fit for centres. If he can go well there, he can sub for Holland and cover any injuries in halves, or backline from the bench.

Then just ease him slowly into first grade and see how he goes.

If I was Pay that is what I'd be doing.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As usual the kennel will go retard and then pick out the wrong players to give it to. Kennel expects kids to come up and be origin stars a few games in. I call we will see JMK at 5/8 the rest of the year barring injury.
JMK is a great investment, even if he is only half as good as his big brother Benji, Jeremy is well worth persisting with.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hooker and Halves DO NOT HAVE THE SPARK AND SPEED THAT WOULD MAKE THE OPPOSITIONS DEFENSE THINK TWICE AND WONDER WHAT OUR ATTACK IS UP TO...EASILY READ !!!
1 Mbye
6 Foran
7 Lewis or Frawley
9 Brown
14 Lichaa
I totally agree with your selections also jj to lock ogden or ryce to second row and unfortunately Marcello is not a first grader this year

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jmk should be our hooker for the rest of the year
Throw nu brown at 6

It can’t be worse than that imposter of a fgrader and his lollipop passes lichaa

My nan is 87 years old and she called him out on thurs night I kid you not.

If nan hates him than that’s good enough for me too.

Best thing the cancer ex coach did was flick the putrid dud in nrl wilderness.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jmk should be our hooker for the rest of the year
Throw nu brown at 6

It can’t be worse than that imposter of a fgrader and his lollipop passes lichaa

My nan is 87 years old and she called him out on thurs night I kid you not.

If nan hates him than that’s good enough for me too.

Best thing the cancer ex coach did was flick the putrid dud in nrl wilderness.
Agree, I think jmk at hooker and nu brown at 5/8 is a upgrade on what we currently have.
I know brown is lazy and doesn't look interested sometimes but he can create with his running game.
I think with these swaps it will bring much more speed to our side around the ruck which is what we are missing along with many other things.

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jmk ain’t a hooker, yes he can tackle but his passing game ain’t much better than lichaas.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1 Mbye
6 Foran
7 Lewis or Frawley
9 Brown
14 Lichaa
We had game in the bag today. Momentum changed when Frawley dropped the ball cold when we were on the attack. From subsequent scrum missed a simple one on one with Gray which gave them field position then gave away a penalty late in the count then they scored. Put in one good kick for Lewis try . Olive saved his other dud kick which was going dead. Runs on his heals. This was all against virtually a park football team minus a lot of their best players who are in Nrl due to injury. The bloke is not even up to ISP standard. Lewis is not a centre but doing a pretty good job there because Frawley and Cleeland are in the halves. Lewis has a future as a half and should be there in front of the other 2. Unfortunately for Olive he let in another try today. Not the first time this year. Has potential but not NRL standard defence yet. As much as Remus has a few errors at least he runs the ball back hard makes metres and gets quick play the balls. Allegedly the quickest at the club. I would put him in NRL offers more than Marcelo in attack but Marcelo much better in the air. Ofahiki and Renouf maybe worth a try . Forget the rest. The opposition today was way way below NRL standard.
If guys can’t dominate in this level no way they are any better than most of our NRL side. We will go backwards with some of the suggested team changes .
I thought Licha had been one of our best since the end of last season. My belief was he was the major reason for our lack of points on Thursday for all the reasons everyone had given on the forum.
Brown is a major threat from dummy half near the line. For all the rubbish he dished up he may help our attack. Can’t fault Licha defence though. I don’t know which way I would go between them. Brown adds a bit of a kick option as well.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think they are seeing if he is fit for centres. If he can go well there, he can sub for Holland and cover any injuries in halves, or backline from the bench.

Then just ease him slowly into first grade and see how he goes.

If I was Pay that is what I'd be doing.
Yeah I'm pretty sure that is what Pay is doing... His giving Holland game time to shop him around as a NRL player then give Lewis the Utility role... It has to be right?

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is the problem with the bulldogs system
Why is there a 27 year old playing in our reserve grade team if he does make it what do we get 1-2 years
Why not move them on so our younger players can develop and if there not good enough move them on
Who remembers what team win reserve grade grand finals

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty sure that is what Pay is doing... His giving Holland game time to shop him around as a NRL player then give Lewis the Utility role... It has to be right?
Holland is still signed with us into at least next season. But he doesn't offer as much potential.

The idea of playing Lewis at centre in NSW Cup makes no sense as he's the best half out of Cleeland/Frawley/Lewis combination.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jmk ain’t a hooker, yes he can tackle but his passing game ain’t much better than lichaas.
Dont agree he passes alot more crisp and passes off the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.