Give Allan and Cotric a chance

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate besides Flanagan are backs are pretty good we don’t have a hooker or a star prop to move forward, to many injuries not enough depth, just a bit of bad luck really

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cotric will be fine. I'm a little worried about Allan. It looks like Barrett has given him instructions on what he needs to improve on but he hasn't taken it onboard/unable to do it (was already demoted before injury). I didn't see DWZ and Meaney going in front of him for fullback in the pecking order before the start of the season and that's what's happened. I know it's a low sample size but I'd even have Schoupp in the centres over him. We need these Allan, Flanagan, Hetherington and Waddell signings to work out so we're not wasting more salary cap.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric is going ok, he would've scored a heap more tries if hoppa didn't make dumb selfish decisions,
As for Allen, I honestly don't think he has a place in the team going forward with jac, cotric, naden, schoupp and alamoti all better options in my opinion.
This is not a bashing Allen post but every game he's played for us I didn't even realise he was on the field.
I also think we need to add speed at fullback, something the good teams have and something we haven't had in a very long time.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have shown they could do well in better environment. So given the right motivation and put under the same environment, they should produce what they have done before, right? Just need to get a forward pack and hooker/halves that can give them the ball in space.

My opinion is we bought the wrong players or couldnt get the right players this year. Not because of the quality of players we signed but we need a hooker and a good pack first. Had we fixed the engine first, we wouldnt be pretty but we would be more competitive this season. Doesnt help either when the half we got is having confidence crisis.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allans last few games at centre were good.. and he's better than schoup. I think he will partner naden in centres next year. Im not writing schoup off though and have my fingers crossed he can turn into something special.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I haven’t given up on either. More so Cotric I think his attacking stats are good for our position on the table. Plenty of upside once we get some quality around him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Allan is a plodder whoo doesn't have the speed to be a threat, he's just a link man. As for Cotric, he just needs to work on his defence because he's missing a lot of tackles and some of his efforts have been woeful.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem Allan is going to have at Fullback is that the game now favours a ball runner with a passing game than a ball playing dominant fullback.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I feel like Allan can develop into a long term superstar with the right players around him. His form and injuries have been a major setback, but I reckon next year he’s gonna hit another level. Same goes with Cotric, we’ve seen glimpses of his brilliance and I feel like he tries really hard.
Thoughts?
Defo agree about cotric... Big body that busts tackles. His effort is thereabouts each week.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric has been excellent with little opportunity. Great runner of the ball solid under the high ball and finishes well when given the chance, Allan who I was very excited we signed looked a bit lost and behind on conditioning still a young talent with plenty to offer of we can jag a hooker and a couple of forwards along with burton next year we’ll be okay but it’s a decent if at this point

Malla

Reaction score
Yeah I'll wait until next year when Burton (a real half) is with us and JAC who will essentially be our strike player before I judge Cotric and Allan.

Issue with Cotric I think is his cost tho.. we paid overs for him, unless he scores 25 tries next year I don't know if he's gonna be worth that.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep agreed.

When Allen comes back I would like to see Baz give him another go at fullback. He got 3 games there which isnt enough. Or at least swap him with DWZ when we are attacking so we have that ball playing option out the back.

Also I hope Cotric gets a shot at right centre. Give him early ball and see what he can do.

Surely the back end of the season should be about preparation for next year.

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One thing I like about Allan at fullback, he has very safe hands. Maybe next year with additional speed around him can be a better fit..

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allan is a plodder whoo doesn't have the speed to be a threat, he's just a link man. As for Cotric, he just needs to work on his defence because he's missing a lot of tackles and some of his efforts have been woeful.
Spot on mate.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric hasn’t been as bad as many have made out. He is the only player in our team who consistently busts tackles. He has been one of our best. Unfortunately he signed a rather large contract so people’s expectations are going to be high. With a better spine in place I am sure he will turn out to be a good signing .

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like Allan can develop into a long term superstar with the right players around him. His form and injuries have been a major setback, but I reckon next year he’s gonna hit another level. Same goes with Cotric, we’ve seen glimpses of his brilliance and I feel like he tries really hard.
Thoughts?
I agree, I think give him another go back at FB