Get Gould now

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I gotta say there are some real morons here.

I have had idiots tell me Lichaa will play origin C. Smith and Cooper Cronk are shit and Bellamy is a myth, this sarcastic statement is up there with 'em all.

Improved their Jnr system out of sight.
Got them competing every year when they were cellar dwellars
Build a very good roster stacked with local juniors.
Got the Penrith crowds way up.
Got the finances up to speed when they were almost gonna be out of the comp

This is off the top of my head and I have no idea what more he did behind the scenes..

There is so much one bloke can do and yes this is remarkable, have you done anything of this note?
Maybe your Elon Musk or something and I'd say wow, that's pretty special but pretty sure your just an average arm chair critic who has done nothing of this calibre in your life.

I think one huge problem at the moment with Penrith is Ivan Cleary which Gould was firmly against.
So showing me the current ladder further reinforces my point and gives your stupidity and ignorance further validation.

If he got us from Cellar dwellers to top 4/5 every year with a genuine title shot I would appreciate that.
If he build us a roster CAPABLE of winning a comp I'd appreciate that.

But I'm sure his powers reach a lot further than that..

Look at the ladder, the only way is up..
Chill out bro it’s only football give the bloke a break with the have you ever done anything in your life stuff.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why Gould left us in the late 80s, early 90s?

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Rith were in a shit predictament before they got him on board.
Yes Gould did t have all the answers so he sourced out the right people to help the process I don’t think we have anything to lose by having him on board
I’ve said it before a lot of his core values probley come from his time under peter Moore
He might have the sway to help us sign a superstar once our caps solid come 2021
Really it’s only 12 months away to get a hit list ready proposal etc
I don’t think it’s a bad idea at least for 2 years
Unless he has eyes on the nrl top job

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
why do people act like Anderson doesn't lead gould 2-1 in premierships since they were swapped?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen a few responses to my comments like this.

No offence but people that say this have no idea what a general managers role is. You can't pick and choose what you do and don't do as a general manager, you're responsible for overall success. In a club that involves premierships.
Check the ladder mate.....did you check last year's ladder as well ?? We need something unless you have better ideas....no player wants to come with our status quo hence the sackings one would think

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Check the ladder mate.....did you check last year's ladder as well ?? We need something unless you have better ideas....no player wants to come with our status quo hence the sackings one would think
A different coach might be a start. Players come to be coached by someone who can improve their game/skills. I respect Pay for everything he did as a player but I'm not seeing signs that he can lead us out of this patch. I'd also prefer to have someone like Mulholland ahead of Gould although that's just my personal opinion. But I'm pretty sure I've heard Mulholland isn't well and not currently working with any club.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gould not for coach.
What would the harm be in him making suggestions and using his influence, NONE.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still find it amazing that Gould was only 30 when he coached us to a premiership in 1988. Would be great to see him back in any capacity in my opinion.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SPOTTED: Phil Gould and Shane Flanagan having lunch at Somersault restaurant in Cronulla on Wednesday.

Is he at work for the Bulldogs already
That would be a proper coup.

Panthers are shit because Cleary is shit, his sons even worse.

Would be going so much better too 4 if they had Bennett in, could only imagine how smug Gould is right now.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
SPOTTED: Phil Gould and Shane Flanagan having lunch at Somersault restaurant in Cronulla on Wednesday.

Is he at work for the Bulldogs already
If it means bringing in the cum stain that is flanagan, I hope not

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't read into it too much. They both live in the shire, probably just catching up as neither has much to do these days.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't read into it too much. They both live in the shire, probably just catching up as neither has much to do these days.
There’s never a lot in anything where out club are concerned lol, I mean we got DWZ , but that was just a fluke moment , and I doubt gus is setting us up for a coach lol.. unless he wants back in!! However I wouldn’t be against it :innocent: