Gerard Beale quits Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
NEW Zealand Test star Gerard Beale will quit the Broncos at the end of the season, leaving Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin disappointed and bewildered.

Beale is believed to have agreed to terms with St George Illawarra, who are desperate for a fullback after losing Darius Boyd to Newcastle and failing to lure Tim Moltzen from Wests Tigers.

The Dragons also have been linked with Manly fuillback Brett Stewart, who hails from Wollongong.

But it is most likely Stewart will remain at Manly or switch to the Bulldogs where former Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler has the reins.

The Broncos moved to offer new terms to young thee-quarter Dane Gagai, who had been in the sights of the Queensland Reds.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...at-end-of-season/story-e6frep5x-1226304415940

JUST when I thought the talk of Stewart was dying down, its now bought up again.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have Ben Barba. Why the FK would we want Brett Stewart?

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching the manly v sharks game atm, I prey we don't get stewart!! I've always thought he was overrated. Watching him now, his game just doesn't justify the 4 or 500k that he would ask. Barba deserves to keep his spot I think. Much rather spend the money on someone like t rex. Even foran is looking avg this year.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we get Stewart its not impossible to imagine Reynolds/Hodkinson in halfback and Barba back at 5/8

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strange decision - why would he leave Brisbane? Hopefully this doesn't backfire where he ends up just another "kid with potential" who never fulfilled it.

Moust

Waterboy
Reaction score
Surprising, he would've signed with dragons to play FB, yet the way morris played there last wk, he's gonna be hard to displace.

Would be poor timing if he ends up there only to be playing on the wing again

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we get Stewart its not impossible to imagine Reynolds/Hodkinson in halfback and Barba back at 5/8
6. Barba
7. Reynolds

That could be the worst halves combination in the competition.

Malla

Reaction score
It's just speculation guys. Of course the media will now link any player leaving Manly to Hasler because of the obvious connection. It won't happen though, here we have a potential Origin and international fullback with 10-12 years in him vs. somebody slowly passing his peak. No brainer.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's just speculation guys. Of course the media will now link any player leaving Manly to Hasler because of the obvious connection. It won't happen though, here we have a potential Origin and international fullback with 10-12 years in him vs. somebody slowly passing his peak. No brainer.
Exactly. Can't see us throwing the cheque book at Stewart. We've been linked to about 5 Manly players, and Stewart is the least needed by the Dogs.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
rather have benny over that piece of sh1t brett stewart in the blue and white

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's far more logical to make a play for Kieran Foran who is a half rather than sign Brett Stewart and move Barba to 6.

I sigh every time I see people talking of playing Barba at 6.

1. Barba
6. Foran
7. Hodkinson

17. Reynolds

:slick:

9/10 would masturbate about

Status
Not open for further replies.