George Williams Released

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I have to say that it is only 40 degrees a few times in a year & most people these days have air-conditioning, not like when I was growing up when all you had was a fan. The grey & rainy weather affects people more adversely than a lot of people realise. There is a thing called seasonal affected disorder or SAD which causes a lot of people significant problems. I think Australia has some of the best scenery in the World & several different types. Living in Canberra for instance, it can feel like I am out in the country when I am travelling from one side of town to the other, or it can look like a busy city (albeit smaller than most).

Colder & foggy weather can also affect people with arthritis so the sunshine has many benefits including disinfectant.

But as you said, everybody is different & if you don't like where you live & you can afford to do so, you can always move.
Weather is just one factor too many. I wouldn’t leave Australia just because of the weather. But
It would be a factor.
I also don’t think the countryside is that beautiful. There is a certain magic out there I admit, but it’s harsh, barren and filled with everything trying to kill you.
Hiking in a Northern European forest with no snakes or spiders, the odd deer and moose in the distance, is an experience I bet.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What I’m curious about is his salary and pay.
If he wanted to leave end of season and is out the door now. He’s going to want his wage as he is now unemployed. He might push for a payout. Maybe raiders don’t mind that if they have space, they just want the spot.
But it’s clear there wasn’t some sort of negotiation so I’m curious what’s going to happen.
if it's true the club punted him now they will have to pay him out i would think.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
if it's true the club punted him now they will have to pay him out i would think.
He is laughing then.
Just to stick it to them, I could see him signing for another NrL club who is desperate for a half to get their season on track, such as the knights or titans, for a decent sum. Then piss of to Wigan next year.

I don’t think many ESL clubs have that type of fish food lying around this year in the cap.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Weather is just one factor too many. I wouldn’t leave Australia just because of the weather. But
It would be a factor.
I also don’t think the countryside is that beautiful. There is a certain magic out there I admit, but it’s harsh, barren and filled with everything trying to kill you.
Hiking in a Northern European forest with no snakes or spiders, the odd deer and moose in the distance, is an experience I bet.
You've been watching to much US TV LOL. You might find the odd snake but if you leave them alone you'll be fine & wear boots! You might not get the snakes & spiders in Europe but you are far more likely to get killed or raped by some maniac illegal immigrant they let in a few years ago. As for moose - they can kill you too - very dangerous beasts! As for the Governments over in Europe, I prefer my freedoms here in Oz. Each to their own.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You've been watching to much US TV LOL. You might find the odd snake but if you leave them alone you'll be fine & wear boots! You might not get the snakes & spiders in Europe but you are far more likely to get killed or raped by some maniac illegal immigrant they let in a few years ago. As for moose - they can kill you too - very dangerous beasts! As for the Governments over in Europe, I prefer my freedoms here in Oz. Each to their own.
There are a lot of places that are still alright in Europe.
The rapers are in Malmo, Sweden. North Paris. Italy, of Germany thanks to Merkel and Belgium.Anywhere refugees at.
But you won’t get any of that in Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Denmark (for the most part) and top of Norway. I think Slovenia goes ok too but need my white brother @Tassie Devil to confirm.
In fact, last year or the year before, Estonia I heard accepted begrudgingly 72 refugees from Syria but they all moved to Germany because it was too European.
Also the USA has a leaked document that sctually states ‘Estonia needs to be shown Multiculturalism’ which went down like a lead foot.
These places all have swarthes of fantastic nature, forest hiking and scenery. You can step around places and not have to worry about a deadly snake in the grass etc.

Also I question the freedom thing. I see Australia as very draconian. Alcohol is taxed up. Europe it’s cheap. Same with ciggies. Weed legal. You can bet online. You can own BB gun in the Shops. No lockout restrictions. Drink outside. No bike helmets.
btw this is not a ‘F Australia’ post. Australia is obviously lovely. Aussie ppl is where it at. There’s a larrikin nature you don’t see elsewhere. Under threat through leftie diarrhoea. But it still there.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching 360 ikin trying to get hooper and Kent to admit the Canberra issues are more than just Williams highlights how "influenced" so called journalists are. They just refuse to admit maybe their mate Ricky is part of the problem.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that James Hooper and Paul Kent are mates with Ricky is a bit of worry...these 2 dribblers are despised by a lot of players

they peddle innuendo and Chinese whispers as gospel and are really involving themselves in the politics of the Raiders club..who knows if some coaches are in their ears

Last edited:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I heard that. In Scandinavia once it hits 17/18 it’s beach weather, and it’s relentless. Because the sun comes up at 3am and doesn’t go down until midnightish. And from 4am till 10.30 the sun is at full pelt, no remorse.
It’s why scandanabians can look so blonde and beautiful yet tanned.
Hottest race.
I can vouch for that. Remember hitting a nightclub in Gothenberg and walked out to bright daylight at about 4.00am. It was so bright but not as bad or hot as my eventual walk home at 10am after leaving the residence of a lovely Swedish girl.

It's still better than a Swedish Winter though, the Sun was going down by 2.00pm and the sky was like a seriously dark blanket that felt like it was right on top of you. No wonder they all get depressed in Winter.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I can vouch for that. Remember hitting a nightclub in Gothenberg and walked out to bright daylight at about 4.00am. It was so bright but not as bad or hot as my eventual walk home at 10am after leaving the residence of a lovely Swedish girl.

It's still better than a Swedish Winter though, the Sun was going down by 2.00pm and the sky was like a seriously dark blanket that felt like it was right on top of you. No wonder they all get depressed in Winter.
Went to a Swedish birds house! My man.
Sweden in winter be like

C8F1EBE9-CE76-40DC-86B5-9C23769685FD.jpeg

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I’m curious about is his salary and pay.
If he wanted to leave end of season and is out the door now. He’s going to want his wage as he is now unemployed. He might push for a payout. Maybe raiders don’t mind that if they have space, they just want the spot.
But it’s clear there wasn’t some sort of negotiation so I’m curious what’s going to happen.
It's probably more like an offer rather than a negotiation, where they've offered a little more than they are obliged to and he'll probably accept. On top of that there's probably clauses relating to transfer fee entitlements etc and or restrictions on who he can sign for ... eg no NRL clubs unless a fee paid. He said in his comments he hadn't decided/signed the release from memory.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
But hol’ up!
If what hopper says is true and Georges manager was pimping.... why didn’t we pick him up???
he’s exactly who we needed at 7.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
But hol’ up!
If what hopper says is true and Georges manager was pimping.... why didn’t we pick him up???
There’s still time, homesick !, to return to Warrington, I don’t think so, more like sick of Canberra, it’s crap apparently, I’ve never been and never will so I wouldn’t know

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But hol’ up!
I am sure your but hol is alway's up and pimping.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Australia is a pretty good place to be at the moment but each to their own.

It's a 50/50 thing signings these players so far from home, I guess we should take it as a warning too with Daryl Clark is we're seriously considering him.
I guess it all comes down to home sickness. I mean coming and competing in the best RL comp is the world is luring, but Australian, particularly Canberra, is very different to being home in the UK with your family.

But with Covid I wouldn't want to be anywhere else because here we're trying to stay on top of things and we've got a great country to explore. In the UK, you've got all the great European nations next to you to explore, but that won't be happening while Covid is the way it is.