George Hotz says he's hacked 'unhackable' PlayStation 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/technology/g...le-playstation-3/story-e6frfro0-1225823503219

THE hacker who made headlines when he unlocked Apple's iPhone in 2007 says he has now hacked Sony's PlayStation 3.
American George Hotz, 20, said he was working on his latest hack effort but intended to post full details online soon, the BBC reports.

"It's supposed to be unhackable - but nothing is unhackable," said Mr Hotz, also known online as geohot.

"I can now do whatever I want with the system. It's like I've got an awesome new power - I'm just not sure how to wield it."

Although on the market for three years, the PS3 is the only games console that has not been hacked, the BBC said.

Mr Hotz said his hack, which took about five weeks, would allow others to run pirated games or homemade software.
"Three years, two months, 11 days... thats a pretty secure system," Mr Hotz wrote on his blog.

"Very simple hardware cleverly applied, and some not so simple software..."

He also claimed that Sony would not be able to fix the hack.

"The theory isn't really patchable, but they can make implementations much harder."

Sony said it was "investigating the report" and would "clarify the situation" when it had more information.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
he must have an awesome life.

spending 5 weeks to hack a playstation 3. man the women must be lining up to date him.

what a tool!!!!!!!!!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He will make a fortune with the program then Sony will sue his sorry ass.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

spending 5 weeks to hack a playstation 3. man the women must be lining up to date him.

what a tool!!!!!!!!!!
Actually if organizations were smart they would pay big money to this guy to try and help make a hack proof system.

Big money = plenty of women

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Who needs women when you have video games

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty talented guy if he managed to do what noone has been able to do for 3 weeks.

Im sure hed get enough gamer chicks interested in him. And not all are fat and ugly.

M

MikeyP..

Gamer chicks are crazy hot. With the cosplay and the amount of time they play consoles.

Btw this dude will be a legend if this is true. But 360>ps3 anyways

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey this guy is saving us money! We no longer need to pay money for games thanks to this guy. We cann download all our games now!

Give him a break ffs lol

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

what a tool!!!!!!!!!!
Nah costa not a tool lol, Because if he is telling the truth and he has cracked it, The money that he can make off the hack is just ****! And people have been trying to crack it for 3+ years for 1 bloke to do it in 5 weeks bloke must be pretty damn smart

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hey this guy is saving us money! We no longer need to pay money for games thanks to this guy. We cann download all our games now!

Give him a break ffs lol
I was thinking the exact same thing :p

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
_____ has joined the group "If a guy answers his phone while playing COD it means he really cares about you"

over paying $100 - $110 for games give me this hack you ****

Status
Not open for further replies.