George Burgess signs with Dragons

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They say he's signed for 2 years on minimum wage with incentives.

I thought we should have looked at him for a similar deal actually as we need size in the forwards.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
How the fk do we miss these kind of signings

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I mentioned him a while back as a cheap option for some size and power, plus a pommy to make Thommos life easier ... But it was a unanimous no

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didn't go too bad against us in the 2014 Grand Final did he ? Made T-Rex look like She-Rex when he scored that try.

We need big body props badly. He's huge at 6"3 and 120kgs. We'll likely have to get 1-2 from Regies as back ups for our top 30. The Dragons already have heaps of forwards, this has been in the media for a while so everyone was aware of his availability and we let it slip by us ? We could have had Burgess, TPJ and Vaughan.

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
great signing for minimum wage, very smart by the dragons
Vaughan was their trump card there. They had to replace him with someone and got a cheaper option. Cleared from reports 800k from the cap and signed Bargeass for probably a lot less than 50% of that.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To this day I have no idea which one is which. Was he the one who fended off Trex in the 2014 GF?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Another one missed
At min wage he would have been unbelievable if simply viewed as depth.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
I would prefer Tom B personally.....playing quite well with the Bunnies at the moment but probably not averaging much more than 40 mins a game. Good strong running, which we need. However, there is no chance of picking up Tom for Minimum wage. George has been off the NRL scene for a couple of years and it might be a difficult re-introduction for him.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was looking shit at the end of his Souths career. Then he goes to England where good players who are on the way down go to retire and then he does his hips.

Now that huge lump after having hip surgery is coming to play in the fastest NRL comp ever? Lol

The Kennel would melt down if we signed someone like that lol.