George Burgess in hot water

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agreed he absolutely should have been charged. But Evans threw a football at a player who was being attended by a trainer. That's what started the whole thing. I have no pebbles with Burgess being charged but he should have copped a lighter charge than Evans, not the other way around.
Wholeheartedly agree; it is ludicrous that Evans has gotten away as lightly as he has. Both players behaved stupidly and both should be punished, probably equally. It all has to do with the way charges were phrased. Like Maloney for example, what was he charged with..grade one tripping??; should have been kicking, striking out with the foot/leg.

Once again what sort of message does that send to the young kids watching?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. This could rate as the most overblown incident of 2015.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wholeheartedly agree; it is ludicrous that Evans has gotten away as lightly as he has. Both players behaved stupidly and both should be punished, probably equally. It all has to do with the way charges were phrased. Like Maloney for example, what was he charged with..grade one tripping??; should have been kicking, striking out with the foot/leg.

Once again what sort of message does that send to the young kids watching?
Yeah I could have understood if the charges were equal, but it makes no sense whatsoever to give the guy who instigated things a lesser charge when both offences were pretty similar.

I missed to Maloney trip tbh and haven't really gone looking for video. You think it was more vicious than a simple trip?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That last time we played the roosters the boys showed that they can beat them
I'm hoping they believe their own hype and I think the week off will hurt them.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That last time we played the roosters the boys showed that they can beat them
Yes I think they definitely can on their day. I don't want to get too ahead of myself in terms of my expectations, but in all honesty I'm pretty confident we can give it a real shake and no team really scares me.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What did the Bulldogs fans who tossed water bottles at refs get as punishment? Because George Burgess's should be more than that given he is a role model.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did the Bulldogs fans who tossed water bottles at refs get as punishment? Because George Burgess's should be more than that given he is a role model.
So you want him to get a life ban from attending any bulldogs games :grinning:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
2 (potential) finals games for what Gurgess did is a total G-UP. Looking at the footage last night I was in disbelief how much this is being blown up. The bottle doesn't even hit anyone, it looks like it goes along the ground for most of it.

IMO it is fine worthy, but the suspension is over the top. slug him with a 20k fine, make him apologise so the kids see he is remorseful and move on.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 (potential) finals games for what Gurgess did is a total G-UP. Looking at the footage last night I was in disbelief how much this is being blown up. The bottle doesn't even hit anyone, it looks like it goes along the ground for most of it.

IMO it is fine worthy, but the suspension is over the top. slug him with a 20k fine, make him apologise so the kids see he is remorseful and move on.
If the bottle incident earlier in the year hadn't happened, it wouldn't have been mentioned again. The nrl obviously think they have to crack down on it after banning a fan for 10 years for doing the same thing

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly. About time the NRL stop defending those idiots at souffs.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How ironic. As a club we got hammered on Black Friday because of fans throwing bottles. Now the same team that played victim are coping a dick. Karma is a bitch.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The bottles that were thrown during the good Friday game incident didn't hit anyone either. You could argue as everyone did when our incident happened that the players actions could incite similar behaviour from fans.

James Graham and David Klemmer spent time on the sidelines. Why should Burgess be any different?

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's be honest. Graham and Klemmer going skitz at a ref isn't the same as throwing a bottle along the ground.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's be honest. Graham and Klemmer going skitz at a ref isn't the same as throwing a bottle along the ground.
Correction. He threw the bottle at a player. Can you imagine seeing that type of behaviour in junior league?

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Correction. He threw the bottle at a player. Can you imagine seeing that type of behaviour in junior league?
Which is why a big fine is appropriate.

The big thing here is there is no consistency with any charges. They just make shit up.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which is why a big fine is appropriate.

The big thing here is there is no consistency with any charges. They just make shit up.
Do you think young kids understand the concept of a monetary fine? Probably not. That's why the suspension needs to be time on the side lines.

As for inconsistencies well that's another issue.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
So the kids understand a suspension but not a fine? This is why I said make him do a public apology. Kids will understand that more than anything.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Karma at its absolute finest. Where's the faux outrage about "he could have killed him, we feared for our lives" etc now?

While I think 2 weeks is harsh seeing as Maloney copped no punishment for his kung fu kick, I have never been more satisfied seeing this inconsistent punishment.

Pride of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.