Gasnier, Orford ruled out for City-Country clash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supremacy

Maz's Superman
Reaction score
Gasnier, Orford ruled out for City-Country clash
May 2, 2005 - 11:48AM

NSW City pair Matt Orford and Mark Gasnier have been ruled out of Friday night's representative rugby league clash with Country at Lismore.

Melbourne Storm halfback Orford failed to get through this morning's fitness test due to a hamstring strain while Dragons centre Gasnier was ruled out with a wrist injury.

Bulldogs halfback Brent Sherwin will replace Orford while fellow Bulldog Hazem El-Masri comes into the team on the wing with Penrith's Luke Lewis moving from wing to the centres.

SMH.com.au
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is awesome, Sherwin and El-Masri getting a call up.

But then again, backing up for that broncos match might prove fatal. Good luck boys!!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I can just see it now. Anasta and Sherwin both get injured and we have to use Corey Hughes and Brett Oliver as our halves against Seymour and Lockyer of the Broncos :( :(:(:(:(

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
dude olivers gone 4 the year

Supremacy

Maz's Superman
Reaction score
Oliver is injured and out for the season. it would be Grimaldi and hughes as the halfs with brideson as hooker.

were doomed :(

:P

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
there not injured why r u worrying!
hopefully they dont get injured on friday

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
=Bulldog=Blood= said:
dude olivers gone 4 the year
lol then I dont even want to think about what our team would look like if anyone gets injured. I'm going to be saying prayers all week that none of them get an injury.

D

D0ggyStylz

Yes, congrats to both!!!!

sometimes players play better when backing up....seen it before!

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
Haz n shifty will do well
congrats to both of them
its a good sign as well that Haz will not have a case to answer at the Judiciary this week too

and don't think bout injuries, they will be fine

A

atomic_crimson

congrats to them both! but it does worry me in terms of backing up! im not confident about the broncos game at all

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
thankfully none of our forwards are being used in City v Country then i would of been more worried about the Broncos.

Anasta deserves his spot and will be fine for us against the Broncs as well going on his form this season
Same with Haz n Shifty

A

atomic_crimson

before city country was announced i wasnt confident! i am still not!

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
Normally i'd be DELIGHTED for 'em both!...but with the luck we've had with our plyers in rep games over the past 6 months...and a biiiig game v the Broncs on Sunday, who of course - have NO players in the City-Country game - I am HORRIFIED!! Now we have FOUR players backing up 2 days later! (shifty & haz + Ryan & Maitua)

**Tucking Hazem's shirt in, fixing up Maitua's hair, and wiping dirt from Ryan's chin with a spat-on hankie*** - "Now - Be sure & put on the EXTRA thick padding before the game please boys - No, I don't care if you look like the Michelin Man afterwards, and your friends will laugh - *STAND STILL ANDREW!* - and - I w ant to see you ALL wearing headgear, like good little soldiers on Friday night - NO ARGUMENTS!! :D

;)

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is all backs so they shouldnt have too heavy a workload in regards to backing up, good luck to all of the boys.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hammmer said:
It is all backs so they shouldnt have too heavy a workload in regards to backing up, good luck to all of the boys.

Whoops I forgot about Maitua and Ryan, hmmm....

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
whilst i am very glad to see them chosen in city country, this is going to leave us VERY depleted for the broncos game on the weekend. And as much as i hate to admit it, i cant see us winning this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.