Gary Warburton 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
Well tbh Gordon does a crapload more errors than Warburton, and he hasn't exactly been damaging this year at all...

Foster should be there in place of Warburton..

And Slippery, simply not being the worse on the field doesn't make him NRL standard, he's had 2 years to make his mark and he offers nothing that our other players don't, he doesn't run with the heart of Morrin even.
He hasn't been affctive this year compared to last however half our team hasn't. He has still made more tackle busts then Warburton. I would have Foster ahead of both your right but he is out for the rest of the year.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
As stated in another thread, I think Gordon should be taking Neumann's spot next week.

But if you were to compare both Gary and Yileen's form and training ethic this year, Gary's has been better. Hence selection.
So you go to training every week or you are just assuming that Warburton trains better? Gordon can cover 3 positions, centre, backrow and front row. His runs are more damaging then warburton's, has an offload and never misses a tackle. Absolutely no reason why Warburton deserves a bench spot over him. I don't care how hard he trains it's not making us win. Nobody needs working players off the bench.
I refer you to the above post once again. I'll say it in baby language so you might be able to understand.

I would like Yileen Gordon to replace Shane Neumann in the centres because I think Yileen can offer more than Shane, who has had 3 extremely bad weeks consecutively.

Understand now?

And no, I am not assuming.

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
I refer you to the above post once again. I'll say it in baby language so you might be able to understand.

I would like Yileen Gordon to replace Shane Neumann in the centres because I think Yileen can offer more than Shane, who has had 3 extremely bad weeks consecutively.

Understand now?

And no, I am not assuming.
I understand every thing your saying mate. I think its crazy that you think Warburton is in better form, but you still want Gordon in the team!! way to contradict yourself there!!
But if you were to compare both Gary and Yileen's form and training ethic this year, Gary's has been better. Hence selection.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I understand every thing your saying mate. I think its crazy that you think Warburton is in better form, but you still want Gordon in the team!! way to contradict yourself there!!
Tell me you're not this unintelligent........

Warburton's form has been better than Gordon's this year. If I was to contradict myself, I would say that I want Gordon to be replacing Warburton on the bench - but I'm not am I?

I want Gordon to replace Neumann because he's currently a better option in the centres. Nothing to do with Warburton.....

MexicanHat

El Buzzo
Reaction score
Poor Gary, the kennel's 2010 scapegoat because things are going bad.

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
Tell me you're not this unintelligent........

Warburton's form has been better than Gordon's this year. If I was to contradict myself, I would say that I want Gordon to be replacing Warburton on the bench - but I'm not am I?

I want Gordon to replace Neumann because he's currently a better option in the centres. Nothing to do with Warburton.....
If your not making any comparisons, why are you saying that Warburtons form is better then Gordons? I'm pretty sure your contradicting yourself, If Gordons form isn't better than Warburtons he doesn't even deserve to be playing NSW cup and definitely shouldn't be playing centre in first grade. Why am I even bothering, if you think Warburton is our answer two 2nd row, good on you!

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To be honest Gary shouldn’t be the scapegoat for the team’s poor performance. Without him in the team we would have been beaten by a lot more points in most games. He defends like crazy and tackles. What I saw in a few games was he is starting to develop the fundamentals of an offload he just has trouble getting his arms completely free. For all the people on here who bag him, they really don’t appreciate the work he does for us in defence.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
gary is only there because there isn't anyone better at the moment who is reliable

IMO though Gordon is a better player makes some mistakes but does a few good things to make up for em where as Gary is just an average player who isn't coming along or looking to get better doesnt offer ANY impact not sting in his defense no great runs in attack and has at times this year given away stupid penalties

Moore is obsessed with tight defense though and players who can play nearly the whole match gordon doesnt fit this role so is dumped much like barba was early in the season
problem is average players take up space that could be better used by players with potential like gordon and foster(even though he is injured but I'm referring to early in the season)

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
If your not making any comparisons, why are you saying that Warburtons form is better then Gordons? I'm pretty sure your contradicting yourself, If Gordons form isn't better than Warburtons he doesn't even deserve to be playing NSW cup and definitely shouldn't be playing centre in first grade. Why am I even bothering, if you think Warburton is our answer two 2nd row, good on you!
You really have trouble understanding simple English, so this will be my last post because your inability to understand the most basic comments is quite astounding.

Where did I say I wasn't making comparisons? Warburton's form as a forward has been better than Gordon's this year, hence why Warburton is currently on the bench, and not Gordon. I think Gordon is a better option at centre over Neumann. That has nothing to do with their respective forms, as Gordon will be playing a totally different position. Gordon replacing Neumann has nothing to do with Warburton whatsoever.

Also, I never stated that Warburton is our answer to the 2nd row, so stop spinning my words also.

If you cannot grasp what I've just said, then I really don't know what is going on inside your head.

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
You really have trouble understanding simple English, so this will be my last post because your inability to understand the most basic comments is quite astounding.

Where did I say I wasn't making comparisons? Warburton's form as a forward has been better than Gordon's this year, hence why Warburton is currently on the bench, and not Gordon. I think Gordon is a better option at centre over Neumann. That has nothing to do with their respective forms, as Gordon will be playing a totally different position. Gordon replacing Neumann has nothing to do with Warburton whatsoever.

Also, I never stated that Warburton is our answer to the 2nd row, so stop spinning my words also.

If you cannot grasp what I've just said, then I really don't know what is going on inside your head.
haha everything upstairs is A. ok!! Maybe I should have worded a few of my posts better. Ill put it as simply as I can; If Gordon isn't playing better then Warburton (our consistently worst performer for the last two years) how can you justify him being any value in the centres? I would have Gordon in the centres too, that's not the issue, I just don't agree that Garry is playing better!!

Last edited by a moderator:

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
As much garbage as i have given him, he seems to have improved.

Ran some pretty decent lines tonight and made a half break. Was always probing the defensive line.

Good job Gary !

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
i reckon he played alrite tonite

ran the line hard of course and was there when we needed him in defence

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
He usually has alot of high risk play in his game, but just did the hard yards tonight and seemed effective to what he usually dishes out.

always knew he had it in him, he;s starting to improve. He actually look dangerous for once.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
He played well tonight, we can't blame him!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i felt he took petero right out of the contest

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
best game of the season for Gary..... he even made a line break tonight!!!!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't fault his effort, and has improved, but definitely not first grade material, he shouldn't be in the squad next year with guys like Pritchard and probably Eastwood coming in, we already have the workhorse we need in Stagg

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
He's only young he has a lot of development in him and at least he's focused on the club and his footy unlike some wannabe actor/Olympian/and other dreamed up ambition

Status
Not open for further replies.