News Garry Hughes could return to Bulldogs board

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No more f#@king old boys... We already have plonkers in J Thomas and P Mortimer that also need to go. Our board needs people with proven business acclaim, and younger age profile.
Who? The Annual Report has a full list of the voting members, spell out exactly who from that list would you appoint?
I assume you know that Price wasn't elected, he's an employee, hence very different from a Board member.
I also assume that you know that the Leagues Club Board (the leagues club is actually the "business" ) is not the same as the Football Club Board (that is only responsible for football related matters).

Go Dogs

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People really do need to heed the lesson that learned from Parramatta. They has a group of burnt out footballers on the board and they were a debacle generally. They also had a group with very large egos. They had absolutely no one who had business experience.
Apart from Paul Dunn, who is now gone, we have no real business people on the board. Sound familiar.
When Parramatta filled their board with people with business acumen, their fortunes changed. Strange that.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
People really do need to heed the lesson that learned from Parramatta. They has a group of burnt out footballers on the board and they were a debacle generally. They also had a group with very large egos. They had absolutely no one who had business experience.
Apart from Paul Dunn, who is now gone, we have no real business people on the board. Sound familiar.
When Parramatta filled their board with people with business acumen, their fortunes changed. Strange that.
You do realise that Parramatta broke the L&GAA and that's how LGNSW were able to appoint an administrator. Plus their Leagues Club is responsible for football operations, our Leagues Club is not. We have a separate legal entity (the Football Club) that administers our football operations.

Go Dogs

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Colin Tuck CEO of the AJC retired. used to handling all sort of shit.......horse and otherwise. Had to look after a budget of $70 mill. A wise judge and has been a member for 50 odd years.
Who? The Annual Report has a full list of the voting members, spell out exactly who from that list would you appoint?
I assume you know that Price wasn't elected, he's an employee, hence very different from a Board member.
I also assume that you know that the Leagues Club Board (the leagues club is actually the "business" ) is not the same as the Football Club Board (that is only responsible for football related matters).

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Colin Tuck CEO of the AJC retired. used to handling all sort of shit.......horse and otherwise. Had to look after a budget of $70 mill. A wise judge and has been a member for 50 odd years.
Bulldogs Football Club Member?

Go Dogs

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I say...
Let the football experts deal with football &
The businessmen men deal with businesses !!!
The two should never be confused !!!

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Go Dogs
So by that rational, the Football Club is not a business... that does not require capable people with business aclaim to run it successfully?

I assume you have NFI buddy!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So by that rational, the Football Club is not a business... that does not require capable people with business aclaim to run it successfully?
I assume you have NFI buddy!
The Leagues Club revenue was ~$110m with $237m in assets, that's a business.
The Football Club is an SME.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The Leagues Club revenue was ~$110m with $237m in assets, that's a business.
The Football Club is an SME.
Double down on stupidity
I won't even dignify that with a response...
The World Bank, European Union, United Nations and the World Trade Organization define an SME as a small business that has more than 30 employees but less than 250 employees. The Football Club has 27 full time staff plus players (ie; nowhere near 250)

Go Dogs

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter McMahon was a late withdrawal from the last election - he may put his hand up to step back in?

Certainly wouldn't hurt having a former Barrister on the Board

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Steve is cool under pressure and has experience dealing with raging egos. It'd be fantastic to get him involved somehow.
Reading another of his books atm. He would bring a winner's attitude back to the club and put in place some key discipline targets and respect for the jersey.

Absolutely amazing Aust Cricket Captain.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill woods would be terrific along with Steve Waugh.

John Laws is a massive Dogs fan and a very shrewd and smart operator.

These 3 to fill the voids and another couple to get rid of the lebs.

Paul Keating
Tony Roche
Ian Thorpe
Don Burke (might teach us lebos a thing or two, on how to grow proper parsley and bulgur for tabbouleh)

The lebs, greeks and other wogs must be eradicated from all high positions at the club
What about Harry Kewell then or Tim cahill

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark? I'm not so sure about him. Didn't he threaten to sue the club after the CH B/S?
Now hes been going after the police mainly but was also piss off with club and all the Hughes handed in life membership because of the way his brother was made scapegoat for CH.