• Dogs 13+

• Draw

• Storm 1-12

• Storm 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We were missing our left edge whilst the storm played no forward pack or spine except for Paps.
Don’t rate him
Probably looked the strongest next to Hughes in pre season..

Went from not making the 30 to pushing a spot on the bench.

His work ethic, variety, willingness, attitude and size were hard to miss.

Might surprise many.

Reactions: J_B

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I saw CC talking to Edwards in the sheds after the game. He looked pretty upset at missing out on the game. Hopefully gets a crack next week. Have heaps of depth in the second row now. The quality of Salmon in defence and attack in the trial was very impressive. Competition for those 2 bench second row/ lock spots will be crazy.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm feeling a bit negative out of this trial, I will reserve final judgement until after next weeks trial. That was a very weak Storm line up. I don't think Taffe did enough to guarantee the fullback role. Burton still looked ho hum, but I don't think Sexton or Hutcho are better options either, they both lack the athletisism and the track record of the good halves at NRL level. Reed still looked lost and passing was clunky at times. Poasa was good for hit ups but only played 20 minutes. Hughes was solid but that display would not have frightened opposition teams. Curran in the All Stars was missing in attack. Salmon was given a lot of room and while his passing was crisp and he defended stoutly, when he ran the ball he didn't really threaten the defence. I have said earlier I hope to see Edwards, Patolo, Tracey, Crighton, Kikau and Kiraz play next week. The middle forwards have yet to do much to indicate there will be a lot of improvement on last year. The side didn't pist many points against what was essentially a B grade and C grade Melbourne line except for a handful of players. Some good youngsters though in Haywood, Todd, Papali and O'Niel, whilst Kautoga still has developing to do, he did look menacing in defence at times.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree finding the right team early before the season has slips away is important. CC Making what might be tough decisions on what is actually happening on the field. Not looking at names or reputations.
We have many players yet to come back but we can't ignore the fact that Melbourne had almost their entire team missing too,
What I took out of the performance is we had energy in defence variety in attack and Hughes Faamasuli and Kautoga took us forward !

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as i hate it, i felt the same way this morning. I cant stop thinking about how he was cramping his outside men... I reckon Critta will knock his head off if he did what he did to Xerri last night.

Im patient with him because he is a special talent but fcuk me when i see beauty from kids like Oneil and Woods, Burton will need to move aside.
On the Burton subject I hope for his own sake, not only he talk the talk he starts to walk the walk !

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I saw CC talking to Edwards in the sheds after the game. He looked pretty upset at missing out on the game. Hopefully gets a crack next week. Have heaps of depth in the second row now. The quality of Salmon in defence and attack in the trial was very impressive. Competition for those 2 bench second row/ lock spots will be crazy.
Edwards might just be a depth player on the roster at this point

That said it’s a long season especially if we have another horrific injury toll

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm feeling a bit negative out of this trial, I will reserve final judgement until after next weeks trial. That was a very weak Storm line up. I don't think Taffe did enough to guarantee the fullback role. Burton still looked ho hum, but I don't think Sexton or Hutcho are better options either, they both lack the athletisism and the track record of the good halves at NRL level. Reed still looked lost and passing was clunky at times. Poasa was good for hit ups but only played 20 minutes. Hughes was solid but that display would not have frightened opposition teams. Curran in the All Stars was missing in attack. Salmon was given a lot of room and while his passing was crisp and he defended stoutly, when he ran the ball he didn't really threaten the defence. I have said earlier I hope to see Edwards, Patolo, Tracey, Crighton, Kikau and Kiraz play next week. The middle forwards have yet to do much to indicate there will be a lot of improvement on last year. The side didn't pist many points against what was essentially a B grade and C grade Melbourne line except for a handful of players. Some good youngsters though in Haywood, Todd, Papali and O'Niel, whilst Kautoga still has developing to do, he did look menacing in defence at times.
Patolo won’t feature until late season

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s such a shame Knight didn’t kill it in the trial. Hughes, King and Faumisili looked good and have size. I would have preferred to see how Kautoga went in the middle instead of on an edge. We are still short at least one prop unless Knight finds some form.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Klemmer would be a good pick up if Tigers are still keen of getting rid of him?
Any first grade prop would be a great pick up for us. Fortunately we have a few decent young ones coming through. But we are lacking experience in the front row.

Reactions: ATT

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I ain't going to make it to next year if this year's the same.
Lol.. Wont be the same. Will be competitive and well win more games.

Just enjoy the theatre of watching a club become a powerhouse.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol.. Wont be the same. Will be competitive and well win more games.

Just enjoy the theatre of watching a club become a powerhouse.
I don't see it. Going to be waiting until 2026 for anything decent imo.