• Draw

• Storm 1-12

• Storm 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why is Kiraz center when he’s our best winger last season. So impactful at wing
Xerri ant ready yet to push for NRL in my opinion... People need to remember that was Storms B,C and almost D team towards the end. Give the kid time to work his way in..

Because Tracey was injured pre season and Kiraz came back earlier than Tracey, CC went for the Kiraz/Wilso combo which in all honesty went pretty well.

For me Tracey center and Kiraz wing is our stronger combo.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton really frustrates me. He always fucks up backline shift passing by passing too early before drawing the defender and he can't seem to perfect his kicks STILL. O'Neill looks a better 6 than Burton already. If Burton were on the field we wouldn't have scored those second half tries

Feeling much better about our middles after tonight's game. Need to upgrade Faamausili into our top 30. Liked Kautoga also. Decent option if Kiks or Preston go down. Hits harder than Preston but Preston is still a good defender. Cleans up like Jacko used to.

Hughes and Faamausili (first 20 mins) should start with King off the bench. WTF happened to Knight ?. Been spending too much energy fucking lately.
Good summary and agree, without being too scathing on Knight, he didn’t show up, he looked like he should be playing A grade in a local comp at best. It was basically a Ben Czilowski cameo

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So I was at the game.

really really good defensive energy and the amount of talking I could hear from boys all over the park was absolutely crazy. Last year you could hear only a couple. Now it’s like 7+ players talking when we’re defending.

Blake T was super crisp and gave us those vibes of Ben barba days with his sweep around the back. Drew was outstanding attracting defenders and straightening the attack. The forward pack was running with content, I can see why we are benefiting with a lot of positions up for grabs because we have everyone playing to their best.

Xerri will come good he was a bit rusty. Needs to play 60 minutes again next week, but won’t be too far off being back to his best. Kurtis morrin was a pocket rocket just running hard on every run. Liam knight must be down the pecking order or something jeez he looked so nervous and wasn’t himself.

reed played good the first 25 minutes, so I’m expecting a possible rotation with him on the bench if that’s what Ciraldo could be planning. Jordan Semrani wow he looks like he wants that Jersey, ran so powerful and tackled really good.

best thing was how drew and taffe would switch sides and link up with Burton. So good signs that were trying to play the ball out side like we all discussed here. Still some work to do to make sure when we do play a 80 minute game that our middle doesn’t break down late in the games. But interesting to see how we go with sharks next week, they have always beat us
Great summary, agree with everything you’ve said.

Xerri’s still got it. Could easily have overplayed his hand last night given how much he would have been busting to get out there but I thought he was really good, he bends the line and doesn’t look to have lost any pace. I really hope we find a place for him in FG round 1, he will repay the faith I am sure.

Salmon was good too. Bigger than I remembered, some nice hitups and has the ball playing skills to offer something dangerous for us at lock or bench.

I can see why all the players have been talking up Hughes in the offseason too.

When you think about all the players not there last night and the absolute avalanche of talent coming up, we are finally, FINALLY on the rise again.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree mate
Swap clarke for critter and we score probably 4 more first half tries
Pooasami was impressive with Hughes
Exerri was super also
I do love how we opened them up down the right edge so easily considering that will be our weaker edge too.

I think we will have Kiraz at right center, so yeah he would have walked over a few times.

Poasa impressed, though he would gas out quicker but went the full 20. If he can do that against NRL packs happy days. Hughes will only get better.

Xerri will be a decent pick up... will get a shot come SOO time in my opinion.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I do love how we opened them up down the right edge so easily considering that will be our weaker edge too.

I think we will have Kiraz at right center, so yeah he would have walked over a few times.

Poasa impressed, though he would gas out quicker but went the full 20. If he can do that against NRL packs happy days. Hughes will only get better.

Xerri will start imo
Kiraz wing

Battybulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Some of you guys are hilarious. The difference to last year can't be more obvious. Sure a few plays looked a bit rusty but the commitment in defence from everyone was notable. The fluid movement of the ball was great anlast year. Salmon was great, Hughes will be a hit, Tafe was meee, Sexton should start at half, Skelton and Wilson were very solid as was Xerri. The forwards all looked solid but most importantly, we have depth.
I don't understand the Burton pile on. He's no Wally's Lewis but the guy had a solid game.
Yeah the Burton pile on is laughable for 40mins of a trial. He's a 6, not a halfback. Some of the best 6's have quiet games, or a quiet 70minutes and then blitz for 10. Look at guys like Munster, Dyl Brown, Ezra Mam. Key difference to Burton with all of those guys is they also play with great halfbacks, something Burton hasn't been afforded in his few years with us. Happy with Sexton or Hutch, both played well and will help Burton.

Battybulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score

Yeah Poasa stayed solid for the full 20 which was great, especially since if he nabs a bench role he'll only need to play 15~ odd min stints. Hard to fit 7 or 8 guys into our backline of 5, complete opposite to last year.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lots of positive signs for me too. Even being down at halftime I was really happy with the defensive intent from the team. Attack was a bit rusty but you can see the potential, just lacking a bit of polish.
The most pleasing thing was our go forward. If our pack can do that against proper NRL quality teams then we’ll trouble a lot of teams

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the Burton pile on is laughable for 40mins of a trial. He's a 6, not a halfback. Some of the best 6's have quiet games, or a quiet 70minutes and then blitz for 10. Look at guys like Munster, Dyl Brown, Ezra Mam. Key difference to Burton with all of those guys is they also play with great halfbacks, something Burton hasn't been afforded in his few years with us. Happy with Sexton or Hutch, both played well and will help Burton.
How dare you apply logic!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Were Skelton and Mahoney both put on report?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So I was at the game.

really really good defensive energy and the amount of talking I could hear from boys all over the park was absolutely crazy. Last year you could hear only a couple. Now it’s like 7+ players talking when we’re defending.

Blake T was super crisp and gave us those vibes of Ben barba days with his sweep around the back. Drew was outstanding attracting defenders and straightening the attack. The forward pack was running with content, I can see why we are benefiting with a lot of positions up for grabs because we have everyone playing to their best.

Xerri will come good he was a bit rusty. Needs to play 60 minutes again next week, but won’t be too far off being back to his best. Kurtis morrin was a pocket rocket just running hard on every run. Liam knight must be down the pecking order or something jeez he looked so nervous and wasn’t himself.

reed played good the first 25 minutes, so I’m expecting a possible rotation with him on the bench if that’s what Ciraldo could be planning. Jordan Semrani wow he looks like he wants that Jersey, ran so powerful and tackled really good.

best thing was how drew and taffe would switch sides and link up with Burton. So good signs that were trying to play the ball out side like we all discussed here. Still some work to do to make sure when we do play a 80 minute game that our middle doesn’t break down late in the games. But interesting to see how we go with sharks next week, they have always beat us
Good summary. I also thought Taafe injection from the back was terrific. Had lightning speed off the mark, which created space every run. Not sure what people were watching, he just needs to make the right play at end, either cut out, ply short or dummy and go. Once that’s nailed there’s a try on offer almost every play

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I am just sick of not playing our best possible team. Thats going to be the problem again this year figuring that out early enough to make a difference. Xerri or Wilson. Taaffe or Tracey or Papalii at fb. Its really hard. Also I think if Burton doesn't improve and isn't the best 5/8th option, he may not make the team as Im not convinced he is one of our top 2 or 3 centre options. That being said we played very very well albeit against a very weak Melb side.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am just sick of not playing our best possible team. Thats going to be the problem again this year figuring that out early enough to make a difference. Xerri or Wilson. Taaffe or Tracey or Papalii at fb. Its really hard. Also I think if Burton doesn't improve and isn't the best 5/8th option, he may not make the team as Im not convinced he is one of our top 2 or 3 centre options. That being said we played very very well albeit against a very weak Melb side.
to be honest I was just happy we kept storms scoreless in the second half. When’s the last time we did that at a trial or any game last year. Yes it was a B grade side but honestly the systems that CC has now been up for a second year looks to trickle from 1st grade to the younger boys. I’m just glad we didn’t look lost. We have another trial and this time it’s against the sharks who will definitely be our test of character. Hope we play all of our team to see how we all come together. One thing that concerned me is kikau, just doesn’t seem his 100% for some reason. Critta was around the stadium taking photos etc but kiks no where to be seen. See how we go but it’s looking good to have a blazing backline.

what I also took from this game was that we’re finally using our outside backs to do all the work in attack and keeping our forwards focused on defending. Every set we went both sides of the field using our backline, so it’s a great change of gameplay which would definitely have a big impact on our engine room to utilise their energy to defend.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree finding the right team early before the season has slips away is important. CC Making what might be tough decisions on what is actually happening on the field. Not looking at names or reputations.