Gallen officially ruled out of Origin 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Leadership blow: Paul Gallen is out of Origin I.<cite style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;"> Photo: Getty Images</cite>
NSW skipper Paul Gallen has been ruled out of the first Origin game because of a hip injury.
The Cronulla forward suffered a rare tendon tear in his buttocks and hips, which has ruled him out of the May 27 encounter. Blues coach Laurie Daley said it was a big decision to rule Gallen out.
"After talking, Gal and I decided it is in the best interests of the team to get the injury healed," Daley said.
"It was a really difficult decision for us both to come to because Gal, as captain, is such an important part of our team, and he places such a high value on playing for NSW."
Gallen's injury comes as a further blow to a NSW side who are looking to retain the Origin shield. Gallen, Greg Bird and Brett Morris are now all sidelined.
Hooker Robbie Farah will lead the Blues in Gallen's absence while Trent Merrin is expected to play lock. David Klemmer could now make his Origin debut from the interchange bench.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I always thought klemmer would be picked regardless but I think this increases the likelihood of Jackson also getting the call up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sterlo wants Jackson to be starting lock, bothe he and Klemmer have to be in the side and there is no excuse to not pick them with both Bird and Gallen out.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Oh dear, what a shame, whatever shall NSW do!

Maybe Kurt Gidley needs a recall!

I thought he was excluded from Origin as part of his punishment for Pepgate?

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does Paul Gallen even care about club footy?? I don't see him trying to get fit for the sharks. Players go out of their way to make origin but could'nt care less about the team that pays them. I do not get the hype for Origin. Never did.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are saying this means the blues cant win but gallen has been playing origin since 2006 which was when the blues lost for the next 8 years straight.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Now who's going to get in the way when we're trying to score points ?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is not recovering as quick without the peps.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuk the club aye Gallen ? 30k is 30k.

This blockhead only cares about origin, has no interest in his club. Glad the sharks have no interest in signing him. F$% Origin. I am from NSW and i could not care if they won or lost. It has no impact on me, do NSW's pay lower tax if they win? do we all get a $100 cheque? I will never understand why fans lap up this hot garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.