Future-proofing Belmore: Dogs still hungry for more recruits

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I saw that interview. They look like they are still in the market for players - which is great news. Gus will be right in there trying to get a great deal for the Bulldogs. You only had to see this year what he did for the Warriors. They had all sorts of trades going on. Luckily Gus has the Bulldogs interests at heart now.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think some of the signings need to be good quality lower end signings, Gould will identify some of those players.

I hope it might also include moving some players on if other clubs show interest and we don’t have to pay too much freight.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yh they also said that there in the market for players for 2022 2023 and even 2024

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Improving the strength of the roster for next year will be a big step in convincing some new recruits to come over in 2023. Maybe a good running DH that we will be able to sign from November.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching Brandy Alexander on the Matty Johns show still hating on the dogs in regards to TPJ when he said why should we help the dogs out and still butthurt over losing Burton. I hope to god that Gus takes a few more panthers the dogs way.
I think it’s on the cards. He can justify it now that we are being generous with giving the blessing of TPJ playing for panthers

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont know why brandy would care about burton leaving, he has a son coming through like cleary younger son that arnt much chop, but will definitely get the golden ticket in the future. Like mgs son also. Say the same about matty johns sons as well.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nine spots!! I don’t think we will be singing too many new players - besides Vaughan possibly 1-2 more and one might already be signed if Willis Meehan happens.
In terms of pathways the rest of new players in the 2022 top 29 are already in our system so the path is definitely well formed.

BahaMan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watching Brandy Alexander on the Matty Johns show still hating on the dogs in regards to TPJ when he said why should we help the dogs out and still butthurt over losing Burton. I hope to god that Gus takes a few more panthers the dogs way.
Seen that, brandys becoming such a smug old fuck. He’s honestly unbearable to listen to.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What an encouraging write up, I particularly loved that Gus aint waisting his time getting involved in his role zooming the players and saying “you the current players have a chance to make a statement about whether or not you want to be part of the Bulldogs in the future” in other words you players only have a few games left to prove to us you are worthy of another contract or fuck off! Love it Gus keep up the good work mate!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
there is no future proofing Belmore without junior pathways, local juniors, scouting juniors elsewhere, recruitment, development etc.
Recruitment teams need to be able to identify the junior players from anywhere who have the potential to develop into quality first grade players - it is easy to identify players dominating junior footy - anyone watching a game can see that - and it is normally the biggest, the quickest or those that have had the advantage of elite coaching and training - but it actually takes some work to identify those who will take the steps necessary to make it at a professional level.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Premiership windows are really about 4 years (Melbourne really being the only team to go against the tide - although Bellamy keeps ‘rolling players over/bringing in new players and the roosters also pushing players out before they decline at the club)
With the success of Penrith players will want more money.
They lose Burton, Capewell and Naden this year. So the depth starts to diminish if they lost this years premiership then next year I think would be the final year of the ‘window’. More players would get offers at end of 2022 and the panthers will struggle to keep them it’s how the cap works. Cleary senior is so lucky he has Nathan who has really kicked on and they wouldn’t probably drop off too much but would become a mid table side.
Injuries can kill a season so quick for sides and with limited depth it just is so hard to win a title. Storm just have an unbelievable system to have someone like Nico Hynes to cover for papanhuyzen and Munster etc