Fur, ivory and the like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alrighty ladies (and men too I suppose)...

Is it wrong to wear fur? Do you have a problem with ivory? Do you think crocodile skin handbags are a bad idea?

I'm in a bit of a pickle...I've just been given a seal pup fur bag, and also have bought a fox fur coat and am eyeing off an ivory broach. Do you think the WWF will hunt me down if I wear this stuff in public? Will any of you be hunting me down if I wear it in public?
God, I sound like an endangered species, but seriously, what's the big deal?

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a hypocrite on this issue....actually a pretty big one.

Although the idea of poaching and killing baby seals, foxes, tigers etc etc just for their pelt is horrible and it sickens me, I have no issue with fur products. I'd wear a fur coat if it was needed here. I actually love fur. Although I would probably never be comfortable with a tiger rug if I was rich.
The cuter the animal, the more issue I have with it being hunted. :opps:

Ivory, I have never been a fan of though.

Crocodile skin, snake skin handbags and leather have never bothered me either. It should, but I have a bad habit of just not thinking about where it came from.

I guess at the end of the day, it's stupid taking the life of something just for fashion- to live in Siberia and wear a fur coat to survive or live comfortably in the cold is OK, but not because you just want a nice pair of shoes

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
If an animal is already dead and you use their skin etc., I wouldn't say anything, even though I still consider it wrong. Yes, in ancient history people wore fur, ivory and so on, but that's only because they weren't as technologically advanced as we are today to pretty much MAKE whatever we please. We have so many choices surrounding us with regard to clothing, and even imitations to the real thing that are pretty much EXACTLY the same, yet people still want the real thing, purely to say that it's real.

When animals are killed to provide clothing, that's when I want to bust some heads. Are people that mentally far gone to do that? These poachers and so forth - they don't have a heart? So many beautiful species are massively endangered simply because people want to look good.

I do have a problem with it, because one person will have say a fur coat...Someone will see it, like it, and want one also. The more people want the real thing, the more these animals are being killed, and killed off.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
i like my fur how i like my tits. Fake and spectacular. hth.

I

I R Cookie

I have some items made of fur and ivory but i'm not really a fan. Like Slip said, if the animal is already dead and you use it's skin or tusks then so be it, but then others will see it and also want it and will go out and hunt animals for this purpose. It will end up in a vicious cycle.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
wear what you want, who cares about some animal rights loser

I

I R Cookie

Rodzilla should be hunted and used for his fur and teeth :devil:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Rodzilla should be hunted and used for his fur and teeth :devil:
if you want to wear my back fur, all you need to do is ask

im affraid you will not be permitted to take my teeth

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If you see some of the brutality animals suffer for the sake of Fur - you wouldn't want to buy it again.

Some animals are even skinned alive.

I'll post a link up tonight - I was traumatised.

I

I R Cookie

Your teeth are my property once I hunt you, you have no say. Shotgun the teeth for a necklace :p

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with Slip, Nadz and Rami, and Jorgie in the sense that the only fur I want is fake lol.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
Not really a fan of fur [real or other] dont own a single item of clothing with fur on it.
Im pretty sure the only items I own made from animals are leather shoes and ugg boots

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I buy fake animal skin stuff for girls, its cost effective...

Status
Not open for further replies.