Funny Rugby League Moments

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ref getting knocked out.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anytime this bloke opens his mouth to let us know the NRL is doing a great job...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anytime this bloke opens his mouth to let us know the NRL is doing a great job...

Hindsight is a funny thing. I recall that I thought he was doing good things for the club. Years later I look back and see that he penny pinched by reducing our juniors budget by releasing quality talent scouts and coaching staff. All while he took a wrong turn with dealing with the Coffs harbour scandal. . People still seem to think the club got away with things that the law cleared us of. Many bulldogs fans don't even know that the head of the investigative team was saying our club wasn't guilty of anything a few days into the investigation. So the whole Camp Quality sponsorship deal actually wasn't a great idea. It actually made it seem like we had sins to answer for despite the fact that comments the chief investigator made at the time alleged the shitfight created by the media had no fact behind it. If he had hammered the media at the time instead of foregoing a sponsorship deal worth money to try fixing the negative impact the stories created maybe less people would think we were guilty. Instead the action the club took allowed the media to print a one paragraph retraction buried deep in the shitrags the papers were already transformed into. Our club was a joke for letting him use it to further his career and now the NRL is a joke for not realising that he is taking the game in a terrible direction.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hindsight is a funny thing. I recall that I thought he was doing good things for the club. Years later I look back and see that he penny pinched by reducing our juniors budget by releasing quality talent scouts and coaching staff. All while he took a wrong turn with dealing with the Coffs harbour scandal. . People still seem to think the club got away with things that the law cleared us of. Many bulldogs fans don't even know that the head of the investigative team was saying our club wasn't guilty of anything a few days into the investigation. So the whole Camp Quality sponsorship deal actually wasn't a great idea. It actually made it seem like we had sins to answer for despite the fact that comments the chief investigator made at the time alleged the shitfight created by the media had no fact behind it. If he had hammered the media at the time instead of foregoing a sponsorship deal worth money to try fixing the negative impact the stories created maybe less people would think we were guilty. Instead the action the club took allowed the media to print a one paragraph retraction buried deep in the shitrags the papers were already transformed into. Our club was a joke for letting him use it to further his career and now the NRL is a joke for not realising that he is taking the game in a terrible direction.
Wasnt it Malcolm Noad who was CEO at the time?

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOOOO I was thinking this exact one too lol.

Also this, when Gibbs thought he had a chance against our own
That's not funny though, that's more of a nightmare, horror, and painful moments of Rugby league!

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's not funny though, that's more of a nightmare, horror, and painful moments of Rugby league!
Only if you care about Gibbs. I was pissing myself that he knocked the f*ck out

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only time I liked the Broncos lol
You would have loved us when we beat the Dragons (2) Sharks (SL), Roosters & Storm in the Grand Final.

I didn't post the Bulldogs Grand Final, as I know you would have hated us. :tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Only time I liked the Broncos lol
I legit felt sorry for the ref after that. That moment pretty much ended his days as a ref. I remember as I flew off to Europe the following night lol.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You would have loved us when we beat the Dragons (2) Sharks (SL), Roosters & Storm in the Grand Final.

I didn't post the Bulldogs Grand Final, as I know you would have hated us. :tearsofjoy:
1995 when Matt Ryan and Daryl Halligan made the Broncos their bitch.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I legit felt sorry for the ref after that. That moment pretty much ended his days as a ref. I remember as I flew off to Europe the following night lol.
I don't, he had it coming, as all corrupt refs do.