Fun in the workplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of things do you have in your "fun" room at work?

For e.g. Ping Pong Table, Massage Chair, Table Soccer etc

If you work for a tight company, what would you like to see?

C

Carl.

what do u work in some kind of fantasy land where you get to play ping pong and pinball machines all day

WTF

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just came back from a game of tennis. I was beaten by a female. But she's good bro, walla.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
what do u work in some kind of fantasy land where you get to play ping pong and pinball machines all day

WTF
Yeah bro - They exist !

I've seen 'em at Govt agencies I used to work in.

They take your taxes and splash right out on re-fitted floors, desks, charis, fitings, ping-pong tables, flatscreen TV's for coffee breaks and all sorts of sh*t !!!

I'm telling you bro .... if you can handle the public transport, committee meetings, never-ending training and internal movements of superiors, in between filling about hlf your day with 'actual work' .... Govt work is the high life !

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
play pingpong, watch dvd's, play pool, play xbox, sleep, play airhockey.

oh wait, that's in the job description.

ummm, for fun...practice sticking naso-gastric tubes up each others noses, put drips in each other, we may have taken laxatives and seen who cracked under the pressure first, wheelchair races, attempt to admit other staff, plan world domination. marvellous really.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Used to work in a call centre for a couple of years.

The fun never stops in call centres.

CK, what sort of govt. work were you involved in, if you don't mind me asking?

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

WTF
I'm not sure what kind of organisations you've worked for but both my previous and current employers had these things, XBOX with FIFA08 at the time ruled! These days it's more ping pong to relieve stress...(if you're winning).

It's got nothing to do with splashing revenue and decking the place out - I'm there are alot of companies out there who have similiar things in place in an area to relax and have fun in amongst the insane never-ending pressure cooker deadline-meeting environment.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
snooker , swimming pool , tennis / soccer court , bbq area , xboxs , wii's

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF?

I dont even get lunch breaks, let alone time to play. The internet is even restricted from most fun sites (except kennel lol)
My fun would consist of cleaning and watching toenails being cut out.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Used to work in a call centre for a couple of years.

The fun never stops in call centres.

CK, what sort of govt. work were you involved in, if you don't mind me asking?
Did two temp stints ....

Bureau of Statistics.
Australian Tax Office.

Collectively they have scared me for life !

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
btw, i was being serious.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Did two temp stints ....

Bureau of Statistics.
Australian Tax Office.

So you're a bit of a numbers man then?

My dads worked as a 'public servant' since he was 17. He began in a job that required him to work out what was the most cost-effective mental health institutions and facilities available to those who suffered from mental health issues (ot something along those lines).

He slowly moved his way up, completing various degrees along the way, and is quite high up working as a project manager.

He's lucky that he's been there since such a young age, as he is under their super-scheme which is no longer available. Basically, when he retires, he will continue to be paid exactly what he is being paid now (or more if he gets promoted again before that time) each year. IF he is to pass away, the payments still continue to my mother.

Wish they still had a deal as good as this going around...

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
ummm, make myself free drinks and ummmm eat all the food for free? that's fun.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah bro - They exist !

I've seen 'em at Govt agencies I used to work in.

They take your taxes and splash right out on re-fitted floors, desks, charis, fitings, ping-pong tables, flatscreen TV's for coffee breaks and all sorts of sh*t !!!

I'm telling you bro .... if you can handle the public transport, committee meetings, never-ending training and internal movements of superiors, in between filling about hlf your day with 'actual work' .... Govt work is the high life !
Did two temp stints ....

Bureau of Statistics.
Australian Tax Office.

Trust me when I say that is NOT the norm.

I work for the NSW Government, and my Department takes up 7 floors of a building. We have a modest sized 'lunchroom' on one of those floors. I believe there is a tv in there, but given there is no room for everyone, I never use it.

There are definitely no games etc. :( :(

One of my best friends works in IT. His break room has dvds, xbox / Wii, table soccer, air hockey, anything computer related, huge bean bags. Lucky guy.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Ping Pong
Foxtel and lounge
Thai Thursday for lunch
Monthly drinks

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
only time i have fun at work is when i clock off get in my car and drive the fk out of there.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
We dont have a fun room. We have a back room full of stock, and it has a microwave, fridge and kettle. Mostly I sleep in it.

if the big boss isnt there we usually have a pretty good time though, bring in games, make up games to play or try on the clothes and take stupid pics in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.