Fullback Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Apart from Mbye, Abbey, and (Mr Explosive Knees) Brett Morris, if we have to look abroad, what other fullback options do we have.

Well, there are a few on option.

Tedesco - Roosters bound knowing our luck.
Dugan - Dragons/Roosters bound.
Blake Ferguson - I absolutely despise the ****, but he's a solid fullback option.
Zac Santo - might be too small but went well when Wighton was out.
Gideon Gela-Mosby - Hasn't played at #1 much.
Alex Johnston - Maybe
Brendan Elliot - Maybe
Michael Gordon - 33 years old, but on a 1 year deal and ease Abbey into #1. Plus kicks goals.
David Mead - Maybe
Daniel Tupou / Johnny Tuivasa-Sheck - to replace Bmoz on wing and Bmoz to fullback.

Hound_Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Apart from Mbye, Abbey, and (Mr Explosive Knees) Brett Morris, if we have to look abroad, what other fullback options do we have.

Well, there are a few on option.

Tedesco - Roosters bound knowing our luck.
Dugan - Dragons/Roosters bound.
Blake Ferguson - I absolutely despise the ****, but he's a solid fullback option.
Zac Santo - might be too small but went well when Wighton was out.
Gideon Gela-Mosby - Hasn't played at #1 much.
Alex Johnston - Maybe
Brendan Elliot - Maybe
Michael Gordon - 33 years old, but on a 1 year deal and ease Abbey into #1. Plus kicks goals.
David Mead - Maybe
Daniel Tupou / Johnny Tuivasa-Sheck - to replace Bmoz on wing and Bmoz to fullback.
Des will persist with Brett Morris unless Tedesco does a triple somersault on the Roosters just after he did a backflip on the dogs

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Give me one of:
1. Mitchell
2. Edwards
3. Watson
4. Lolohea

In that order.
Dylan Edwards should be nabbed from Panthers asap. Still cant believe nobody wants Albert Kelly who is languishing in England, that kid is class.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dylan Edwards should be nabbed from Panthers asap. Still cant believe nobody wants Albert Kelly who is languishing in England, that kid is class.
comes with a load of baggage apparently

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gela-Mosby from what i've seen doesn't have a football brain. Can't see him making a great fullback.

Very few ready to go fullbacks available at the moment which is why we went hard for Teddy.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kelly re-signed with his English club today

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why do I keep on thinking Hasler will keep hoppa, triple his contract and give him Fridays and Sundays off haha :p

Not sure if Gagai is re-signed but he was the only player that turned up a few weeks back when we played them. Would make a good fullback I think.

Gordon is 34 before next year starts. If people want graham gone who is only 31 (turning 32 end of the year) because he is "old" then I can't see why they would want a 34 year old fullback who has lost his greatest weapons (his speed and goal kicking) 3-4 years ago.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The biggest problem with Bmoz is he never stops pumping him legs in tackles and stays up right making post contact meters.

The problem is defenders tackle his legs to stop him (burgess even seemed to attack his legs). The guy might be 100% fit but the way he plays the game (never submits) exposes him to injuries, which is a shame because his speed and elusiveness would have been perfect as a stop gap for fullback until 2019.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Des will persist with Brett Morris unless Tedesco does a triple somersault on the Roosters just after he did a backflip on the dogs
Are you suggesting that before his backflip, we would've signed Woods, Foran and Tedesco in one hit? That's up there with the roosters getting Maloney, Jennings and SBW lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do I keep on thinking Hasler will keep hoppa, triple his contract and give him Fridays and Sundays off haha :p

Not sure if Gagai is re-signed but he was the only player that turned up a few weeks back when we played them. Would make a good fullback I think.

Gordon is 34 before next year starts. If people want graham gone who is only 31 (turning 32 end of the year) because he is "old" then I can't see why they would want a 34 year old fullback who has lost his greatest weapons (his speed and goal kicking) 3-4 years ago.
His still got speed, strength and ticker. Hardly gets injured too...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you suggesting that before his backflip, we would've signed Woods, Foran and Tedesco in one hit? That's up there with the roosters getting Maloney, Jennings and SBW lol
I think that's what the Dogs had planned... Would have been good but half the team would be leaving for them.

Hound_Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
It was always Tedesco & Woods.

The board backflipped on not wanting Foran after Foran came in this week and practically bent down on his knees pleading for a contract. Foran is not on the big bucks and we do not have issues with our cap

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If the Foran and woods news is correct, i doubt very much we will be looking for anyone else. Probably wont have cap space anyway. We have enough options for fullback as is..Bmoz, Mbye, Abbey and Hopoate. We dont need a fullback. I would have accepted Tedesco, but wont lose any sleep at all over him not coming either.

Status
Not open for further replies.