Fullback for next year?

Woofwoof74

New Pup
Reaction score
Who do we think our fullback will be for next year? Dwz stepped in and did well but we all know hes a confidence played and had his chance at fullback, Dwz could be a very solid winger for us if he continues his form. Meaney is a decent fullback but in my opinion just lacks star quality, hes a solid option but when you compare to other clubs, hes not on the same level as some. Allen is a strange one, I think he ll stay at centre, strange he was bought to play fullback and lasted 5 rounds or whatever, again, solid just lacks any spark or real quality as a fullback, he needs to work on his defence also as ive seen him miss a fair few one on ones at centre. Averillo is a possibility, If you said this last year id of been all for it but Im not sure whether he has put some size on, he doesnt look as electric as he did last year, maybe he ll prove me wrong. I personally dont think we have a quality fullback at the club currently, id like to see us sign Dufty, he has a real spark and his passing game has improved massively this season, I know his defence has been questioned, but imagine the pace of him and addo carr in our backline! Interested to hear what others think though?
They should grab Drinkwater for fullback...

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I’d like to see averillo back there. I think he’s young but he definitely has some talent and it would suit his game being able to pop up around the field. Obviously he needs to improve his defence but I’d rather develop him than sign someone on big money and let him go
I’d have Meaney ahead of Averillo ... atm

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve said Drinkwater for fullback, as for a prop they should try and grab our poms team mate from England, can’t remember his name...? Grab Rudolph and a handy 9 from England and we are set.. lol...
Mate Assassin is stating facts he has heard from his sources and who we are actually going for not pipe dreams like yours talking out of your ass like it’s easy to get any player from England

Woofwoof74

New Pup
Reaction score
Mate Assassin is stating facts he has heard from his sources and who we are actually going for not pipe dreams like yours talking out of your ass like it’s easy to get any player from England
Can’t I have an opinion you cockhead..
blow it out your Arse you fuckkkkkwit

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Drinkwater is not the option at FB.
He is no superstar or even upgrade on what we have already .
Id choose Duftys over the Drink ,Hes attacking flair and speed be much better option alongside JAC,Naden,Burton
But we should set bar higher or settle on what we have .

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just can’t see how the Storm can have 3 x 1 Mil players and the rest eg Bromwich, Hughes, Kafusi, Nelson, Finucane.

I think a play for Hynes would not be the dumbest thing. I think he’s a solid FB ans a better option than what we have.

Last edited:

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know who but we are looking for a fullback, hooker and 2 props.
given that Grant and Papenhuyzen will stay, and taking into account t what we could maybe afford, I go for:

Hynes
Haas
Finucane OR Rudolf
Clarke OR Smith

a few Storm boys. With Paps, Munster and Grant all 1 million players plus others up there ala Hughes Bromwich Nelson Kafusi etc... we should try to nab a few

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hynes B/U Averillo and Meaney
JAC B/U Meaney
Naden
Allan or DWZ or Cotric
Cotric or DWZ or Okunbor
Burton
Flanagan
Haas
Smith
Thompson
Elliot
Jackson
Finucane

Topine Doorey Waddell Atoni

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with that it was that we are already stacked with outside backs for next year. Either Allan, DWZ or Avo can play fullback .

We need to save our money for a hooker and some forwards.
There's still some doubt though about those 3. When we signed Allan most of us thought we'd finally found our long term fullback but he's proven to be average at best. He doesn't even make an attempt to catch some bombs. DWZ is playing well but no passing game (he's a winger afterall) or side step. Avo's not quite up to getting hit hard when competing for kicks. Seems quiet on the field so probably not good at organising the defensive line. Meaney too is good but not great. They're all solid fullbacks but not really premiership winning type fullbacks. If reports are true that we were pitching 1M to Paps we must still have decent funds for a hooker and prop. If Paps stays at the Storm we could sign Dufty or Drinkwater and still have plenty left over.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's still some doubt though about those 3. When we signed Allan most of us thought we'd finally found our long term fullback but he's proven to be average at best. He doesn't even make an attempt to catch some bombs. DWZ is playing well but no passing game (he's a winger afterall) or side step. Avo's not quite up to getting hit hard when competing for kicks. Seems quiet on the field so probably not good at organising the defensive line. Meaney too is good but not great. They're all solid fullbacks but not really premiership winning type fullbacks. If reports are true that we were pitching 1M to Paps we must still have decent funds for a hooker and prop. If Paps stays at the Storm we could sign Dufty or Drinkwater and still have plenty left over.
Those reports are shit sorry mate. Paps is staying at storm. Plus he wasn’t even off contract this year so anyone saying we offered him $1.2 million is just a fuckin liar to be brutally honest.

I agree with what you are saying and I actually think that Dufty or Drinkwater are probably better options than what we have. But with the money we have invested in our outside backs I don’t think we can sign one of them. If we do then it leaves less for a middle forward and a good hooker.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
isn't ponga off end 22 or is it 23, just go for him next
I think end of 22 but with 1 or 2 extra years with player options. There was a conspiracy on NRL360 that as he & Moses were under the same management umbrella that he would actually end up at parra...if I remember the story right... tho it was after a few refreshments....I have got things wrong in that state before...

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hynes looks a million bucks at the Storm

He won’t be any help to us

Just lacks express pace

Avo played solidly last week
I wouldn’t be mad if he continues to learn his craft and become a 7 and Burton at 6

He has a higher ceiling than Flanno and instinctively a better player too