Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Asymmetry is weird. I like bits and find other bits lacking.

It's definitely nowhere near as good as Sound Awake. Bit disappointing really.
Yea have to agree. I still really like it, but it doesn't touch themata for mine

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yea have to agree. I still really like it, but it doesn't touch themata for mine
Themata has some of their best songs, I think it drops off too much at the end though to like it more than Sound Awake (as an overall album).

I am sure the new stuff will be great live, so still looking forward to the gig.

Is it just me, or does a lot of Asymmetry just seem like a bit of a wank? Especially the songs that purely focus on the vocals, if I wanted soft songs with his vocals I would go buy a birds of tokyo album.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Themata has some of their best songs, I think it drops off too much at the end though to like it more than Sound Awake (as an overall album).

I am sure the new stuff will be great live, so still looking forward to the gig.

Is it just me, or does a lot of Asymmetry just seem like a bit of a wank? Especially the songs that purely focus on the vocals, if I wanted soft songs with his vocals I would go buy a birds of tokyo album.
Yea there were a couple of songs that I though, Is this Karnivool or birds of Tokyo

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I found Asymmetry to have a bit more of a musical focus. It's a lot softer than Themata and Sound Awake but it has a very theatrical music sound that can only truly be appreciated listening with eyes closed through a good set of headphones. Similar to Tool - 10,000 days.

At first it sounds a little odd and not quite right but when you listen to it with eyes closed through head phones it just feels like a complete experience.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found Asymmetry to have a bit more of a musical focus. It's a lot softer than Themata and Sound Awake but it has a very theatrical music sound that can only truly be appreciated listening with eyes closed through a good set of headphones. Similar to Tool - 10,000 days.

At first it sounds a little odd and not quite right but when you listen to it with eyes closed through head phones it just feels like a complete experience.
It's funny isn't it. There are so many albums that if I put them on in the car, I'm not overly fussed on them. Yet through headphones, they're brilliant.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I am liking Asymmetry the more I listen, but only the first half. The end of the album isn't that good at all.

Alice in Chains is still album of the year so far imo.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am liking Asymmetry the more I listen, but only the first half. The end of the album isn't that good at all.

Alice in Chains is still album of the year so far imo.
I didn't really get into aic. I can't pick an album of the year yet. No doubt it will end up being Dream Theater.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
new A7X is just sh*t. nothing about it is good.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
new Karnivool is growing on me, but was a bit disappointed first spin through. It's almost like they're trying to pioneer a new brand of music by making each album more and more abstract.

Hopefully the new DLC album out on the 9th of August goes better - if you pre-order through JB you get a signed copy, $20 or so, so not bad if you like that sorta thing.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
DLC are so much better than Karnivool imo.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone on here like thrash metal? Warbringer are the shit

[video=youtube;rjJi16dEDns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjJi16dEDns[/video]

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Hearing whispers that Newsted could be coming out next year. I bloody hope so.

[video=youtube;jCl2CXxmYL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCl2CXxmYL4[/video]

Some brilliant moments in this vid if you have a spare hour.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So Just heard a shitty quality version of Korn's new track 'Never Never' from their new album out Oct 1st. I love that band.. And will back them to the death but this track let me down so bad. Head is back and it was labelled as more guitar driven but its a poppy anti love song with terrible dubstep again.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Korn pretty much always pissed me off. Life is peachy was cool, follow the leader was cool, anything after that sucked balls

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta