Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Overall I think Shogun is slightly ahead of it but the vocals are the best I've heard from Trivium.

I was a little worried about the album because I got all hyped up for In Waves and the album was rubbish.
Shogun was a great album, but for mine, this is their best. It's an absolute metal masterpiece. The riffs, the drums, vocals... It's unbelievable. Production sounds fantastic. Drums are mixed so well. Can't believe Heafy gets this sound out of an epiphone!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Shogun was a great album, but for mine, this is their best. It's an absolute metal masterpiece. The riffs, the drums, vocals... It's unbelievable. Production sounds fantastic. Drums are mixed so well. Can't believe Heafy gets this sound out of an epiphone!!
The more I listen to it the more I think you're right. Shogun is a big thing to live up to but this album is quite amazing.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more I listen to it the more I think you're right. Shogun is a big thing to live up to but this album is quite amazing.
Yea man. I think it's gonna be huge for them. I can't stop listening to it. After in waves, I wasn't even really excited for this. How stupid I was lol

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok im gonna have abit of a rant about vengeance falls. I've been a massive Trivium fan since before Ascendancy came out. I loved that record as i did The Crusade (yes really) and Shogun was a beast from start to finish. They kept things fresh with albums that kept broadening their sound. When In waves came out i thought it was ok but def not their best work, then i found out David Draiman was producing the new record. I have nothing against Draiman but 5-10 years ago I doubt Trivium would have wanted to have been associated with him. They considered themselves more of a Thrash band (although they really weren't) who wanted to tour with the big four. It makes me think they are writing material that will sell more records and hey they have a great chance to turn Draimans legion of fans onto their own music so who can blame them. I just feel the new songs sound like In Waves B-Sides with terrible vocals and lyrics, nothing new or fresh like before. I envy everyone who enjoys this album i just cant get into it.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok im gonna have abit of a rant about vengeance falls. I've been a massive Trivium fan since before Ascendancy came out. I loved that record as i did The Crusade (yes really) and Shogun was a beast from start to finish. They kept things fresh with albums that kept broadening their sound. When In waves came out i thought it was ok but def not their best work, then i found out David Draiman was producing the new record. I have nothing against Draiman but 5-10 years ago I doubt Trivium would have wanted to have been associated with him. They considered themselves more of a Thrash band (although they really weren't) who wanted to tour with the big four. It makes me think they are writing material that will sell more records and hey they have a great chance to turn Draimans legion of fans onto their own music so who can blame them. I just feel the new songs sound like In Waves B-Sides with terrible vocals and lyrics, nothing new or fresh like before. I envy everyone who enjoys this album i just cant get into it.
I'm the opposite. I think in waves was them trying to find their new sound and this was them finding it. In Waves was so average in my opinion

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what are the strongest songs you reckon?
1 to 13 lol. They're all fukn great man. Seriously though, it has a bit of a black album vibe to it. Just like Black album, the first 5 songs are fukn great, but a bit more commercial. Track 6 is when the album really kicks off for mine. Fukn epic from there on.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 to 13 lol. They're all fukn great man. Seriously though, it has a bit of a black album vibe to it. Just like Black album, the first 5 songs are fukn great, but a bit more commercial. Track 6 is when the album really kicks off for mine. Fukn epic from there on.
Ill keep listening but i'm not optimistic. You know your music right?. The chorus to "Brave This Storm" (C#m-EM-G#m-F#m) is almost literally exactly the same as "In Waves" (C#m-EM-AM-G#dom), the only difference being a slight variation in the last 2 chords. It feels so rehashed to me, but good on em they will gain a lot of new fans and from what I've read will loose a few too.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill keep listening but i'm not optimistic. You know your music right?. The chorus to "Brave This Storm" (C#m-EM-G#m-F#m) is almost literally exactly the same as "In Waves" (C#m-EM-AM-G#dom), the only difference being a slight variation in the last 2 chords. It feels so rehashed to me, but good on em they will gain a lot of new fans and from what I've read will loose a few too.
Yea their are similarities there for sure. I dint know about rehashed. I think they've taken in waves and built on it for sure. I wish you could see it the way I do man. I don't tend to get this excited over new music these days but this album fukn does it for me hey

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Giving Vengeance Falls a spin right now. I don't have high expectations... The start of Strife was cool until the verse started..

Album is heavy no doubt but I don't think it's doing it for me..

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Chorus on No Way To Heal is pretty cheesey but good.. So far there's nothing grabbing me about this album. Nothing memorable. I could be listening to every other Trivium album.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Skipped to the final track.. Sounds promising.. Hoping for an epic finale.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw Metallica Through the Never in 3D at IMAX last night. Bloody brilliant. The story was pretty cool but just strapped on. The most part was concert which was excellent.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw Metallica Through the Never in 3D at IMAX last night. Bloody brilliant. The story was pretty cool but just strapped on. The most part was concert which was excellent.
Big fan of early Metallica but man they have seriously turned into douche bags. I pretty much won't listen to anything after black album. I read something yday that supposedly they have so many riffs left over from there new album that they want to auction them off for bands to use. Get the **** over yourselves. Maybe 20 years ago ppl would pay for them.. But now, really?? After St anger and that other dogs balls album? I doubt it

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Big fan of early Metallica but man they have seriously turned into douche bags. I pretty much won't listen to anything after black album. I read something yday that supposedly they have so many riffs left over from there new album that they want to auction them off for bands to use. Get the **** over yourselves. Maybe 20 years ago ppl would pay for them.. But now, really?? After St anger and that other dogs balls album? I doubt it
I actually really liked Death Magnetic but St Anger was a piece of crap. They are a bunch of sellouts, just look at their store, it sells Metallica everything, but I never care about the band, only the music. Metallica are my favourite band but I don't want to meet them. I just don't care enough.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually really liked Death Magnetic but St Anger was a piece of crap. They are a bunch of sellouts, just look at their store, it sells Metallica everything, but I never care about the band, only the music. Metallica are my favourite band but I don't want to meet them. I just don't care enough.
Good attitude to have these days. Way too many ****wits n music.

But that's a prime reason why I couldn't watch a doco on Metallica. They're just too full of them selves. I don't mind Hetfield. Dude is still one of the best rhythm players I've seen. His picking hand is fukn crazy.

Lars is the biggest douche in world! He's regurgitated the same fukn beats and fills his entire career. Time for some new beats Lars!!

Still really love listening to justice and puppets and shit, but lately they just really Piss me off

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good attitude to have these days. Way too many ****wits n music.

But that's a prime reason why I couldn't watch a doco on Metallica. They're just too full of them selves. I don't mind Hetfield. Dude is still one of the best rhythm players I've seen. His picking hand is fukn crazy.

Lars is the biggest douche in world! He's regurgitated the same fukn beats and fills his entire career. Time for some new beats Lars!!

Still really love listening to justice and puppets and shit, but lately they just really Piss me off
For some reason I haven't been able to stop listening to Ride the Lightning lately. Just keep forgetting how brilliant that album is.

It's funny though. Everytime I see them live I love it but at the end of every concert when they come back out and put their arms around each other I just want to punch them in the face. No idea why.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For some reason I haven't been able to stop listening to Ride the Lightning lately. Just keep forgetting how brilliant that album is.

It's funny though. Everytime I see them live I love it but at the end of every concert when they come back out and put their arms around each other I just want to punch them in the face. No idea why.
Yea ride the lighting is fukn nuts. All those early records were huge for me when I started playing guitar.