Frustrated Dogs fans start a petition to get Des Hasler sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a complete waste of time. Remind me again when was the last time a coach was sacked because of a petition?
I doubt the intention is to force the club to sack him.
It's to get noticed by the media.
I'd say by-and-large it has been quite successful.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Nothing is going to happen. He just signed a new deal. The board didn't even look into a new coaching alternative. He even got a pay rise. They are not going to sack him . Our only hope now is a new board.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So what are you doing to try and make a difference of the current situation?
Other than making a mockery of people that are.
Just wondering, because according to you nothing will ever change if we complain on the kennel, yet it's obvious they do read this site along with others, noise has been made and shit has hit the fan.
Umm blind freddy could see that fans are not happy. That's not due to 100 odd active posters on here or a shitty change.org petition.. It's because it's blatantly obvious.

People who want change need to be realistic.

They demand:
1. Des is gone - won't happen as just re-signed, pay is counted in support staff salary cap now, and club cannot afford to pay out and rehire another coach without blowing that cap.

2. Dib is gone - won't happen as the memberships are stacked to ensure that any rival ticket is quickly dealt with. We've had tougher times in the past and rival tickets have been blown out of the water and seen them lose thier position on the board as a result. Nothing will happen there.

3. Board is gone - again won't happen. If you have 50+% of the votes going your way because they are family, friends, corporate backers, and business sponsors, that makes it impossible to overthrow the board. New members now cannot vote for 3 years, so that solidifies the board for another 3 years at least.

Put simply the only way change will happen, is if those who are responsible walk on their own acccord.

All the while the $$ talks, that won't happen.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I doubt the intention is to force the club to sack him.
It's to get noticed by the media.
I'd say by-and-large it has been quite successful.
The Bulldogs are probably the lease likely club to buckle to fan pressure

To make things worse the chairman of the club has publicly backed hasler multiple times so des won't be going anywhere while Dib is still in charge

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are probably the lease likely club to buckle to fan pressure

To make things worse the chairman of the club has publicly backed hasler multiple times so des won't be going anywhere while Dib is still in charge
Been meaning to ask you... since the Castle is crashing at the end of this year, can we please have Lyall Gorman??

PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEE!!!

You can have Lichaa in exchange!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep, it disappoints me to constantly see Eastwoods name on the list week in week out, although Kasiano is there I know that if he is on song then he can be very dangerous with his speed for a big man and a very fast play the ball BUT, Eastwood has nothing to show and it has been a long time since he has had an impact during a game.IMO
Maybe it is purely so that he can be seen and hopefully taken off our hands by another club? Lol

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Been meaning to ask you... since the Castle is crashing at the end of this year, can we please have Lyall Gorman??

PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEE!!!

You can have Lichaa in exchange!
Not a chance mate haha

Up there with one of the best decisions the club has ever made

Status
Not open for further replies.