From the BIG MAN !!!

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re talking like Pangai and haas are worth the same amount of money.

Pangai is on 700k
Haas would be on over a million
It would be nice if they were on the same money. Unfortunately TPJ is on massive overs for his output & Haas is on unders for his output.

Haas is currently on less than TPJ.

The million dollar + talk about Haas is for his next contract.

TPJ is supposedly on $925k
Hass is supposedly on $850k

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So many people don't get it. It's not about the people, it's about their attitude. That is how Bennett does it. He gets players like, former Dog Branko Lee, and he identifies the weaknesses in their game, takes them through their weakneses and tells them fix them and with the right attitude you can be a regular first grader .... and it works. Dogs already have the players on the books to be a top-4 side this year if Bennett was coach, even with injuries.
No way is our roster top 4. Every top 4 team has a good halfback for starters and we’re playing a running 5/8 there at present because we don’t have a halfback good enough or not yet ready. Also our front row are bench players at best. Waddell and RFM also bench players at best and they’ve been in the starting side most weeks. I had high hopes for Perham and whilst he has some strengths let’s face it, he offers very little threat in attack therefore half the spine are below standard.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It would be nice if they were on the same money. Unfortunately TPJ is on massive overs for his output & Haas is on unders for his output.

Haas is currently on less than TPJ.

The million dollar + talk about Haas is for his next contract.

TPJ is supposedly on $925k
Hass is supposedly on $850k
No Pangai is on 700k
Only last year the broncos were chipping in but now he is only receiving what we are paying. Y
That’s only 700k

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Pangai is on 700k
Only last year the broncos were chipping in but now he is only receiving what we are paying. Y
That’s only 700k
Not that Zero Tackle is gospel but they quote $925k for TPJ & $850k for Hass. Where are you getting the $700k figure? I couldn’t see him coming to us for less at the time he signed. I understood the Bronco’s we’re paying freight for the first year. Because he still had a year to run with them. Then we extended him with our deal. I couldn’t see him saying I’m earning $925k at the Broncos but I will sign an extension with Bulldogs for $700k.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that Zero Tackle is gospel but they quote $925k for TPJ & $850k for Hass. Where are you getting the $700k figure? I couldn’t see him coming to us for less at the time he signed. I understood the Bronco’s we’re paying freight for the first year. Because he still had a year to run with them. Then we extended him with our deal. I couldn’t see him saying I’m earning $925k at the Broncos but I will sign an extension with Bulldogs for $700k.
I read some where it was $925k for the first year with Broncos paying $125k of that, then it dropped to $800k our initial offer.

But we digressed, the comment was made that Haas is a million dollar player, TPJ isn’t, … my reply was TPJ could also be a million dollar player if he was willing to put in the work on and off field that Haas has put in, but I’m not sure TPJ is up to the hard work or whether he has it up stairs ..

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No doubt in my mind Gus will do a fantastic job with our pathways. Love having him at the club.

But..I want to see some urgency around the short term. There are some serious deficiencies in our squad. There’s no reason we cant address these now. We need to be in the market now for either another forward or experience in the spine. Preferably for this season.
Also, the whole ‘it’s going to take x amount of time to clean up the mess from previous management’ whether it’s referring to the salary cap or anything else is standard corporate lingo for buying time and pushing accountability as far down the road as possible. I’m not saying it isn’t partly true but there should be expectations for THIS season. I’m sick of the we’ll be better next year talk because we’ve been hearing that every year for the past 5 years.

Bigkev05

Waterboy
Reaction score
No way is our roster top 4. Every top 4 team has a good halfback for starters and we’re playing a running 5/8 there at present because we don’t have a halfback good enough or not yet ready. Also our front row are bench players at best. Waddell and RFM also bench players at best and they’ve been in the starting side most weeks. I had high hopes for Perham and whilst he has some strengths let’s face it, he offers very little threat in attack therefore half the spine are below standard.
Great summation and I agree with almost everything except that we're playing a running 5/8
we are playing a centre in the halves

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read some where it was $925k for the first year with Broncos paying $125k of that, then it dropped to $800k our initial offer.

But we digressed, the comment was made that Haas is a million dollar player, TPJ isn’t, … my reply was TPJ could also be a million dollar player if he was willing to put in the work on and off field that Haas has put in, but I’m not sure TPJ is up to the hard work or whether he has it up stairs ..
Agree that TPJ with the right mindset and attitude could be that million dollar player. Haas is also close mates with TPJ. Going all out for Haas could be a double play. If has could get TPJ fired up and on the right path.

Surely Laundy has some mates he can find a big TPA deal and go and offer Haas a deal too good to refuse.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a r@pe and pillage relationship with Des. He used no lube, but gave us a good time in the short run, without the ultimate satisfaction. When he started to run out of resources and the life was sucked out of our performance, he was booted - but it was too late - the damage was done.
Des was the hiv virus

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great summation and I agree with almost everything except that we're playing a running 5/8
we are playing a centre in the halves
That’s what angers me.. he is literally some fringe first grader who couldn’t crack the eels or warriors now he’s in the most important position on the field. He’s failed get rid of him asap

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
B
Ciraldo has shown he can coach, the fact he identified Okunbor as a forward while no one else did. (Pay, Barrett & Potter)

Ciraldo has taken on arguably one of the hardest coaching jobs in the NRL. Fan expectations are high and it's a job that has consistently killed coaching careers.
Bruh, Okunbor was coming through as a second rower/middle forward all his junior career. He literally dominated there. But for some reason idiot coaches thought he was a winger.

Im glad Ciraldo fixed that and we see the better side of Okunbor.