From the BIG MAN !!!

lukedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
images - 2023-05-14T201930.111.jpeg

Sounds like this bullshit propaganda. Not happy with you atm skinny Gus. Never met a trustworthy skinny once-fat. They're always up to no good.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many times have we heard the words...next year will be better?? All we have next year is Crichton and xerri. Are we really going to set the comp on fire ? We still have no idea who our number 7 will be.

Why we aren’t winning games this year:

1. Persisting with perham when he hasn’t shown anything. The worst fullback in the comp by far.
2. Failing to play to our strengths- failing to use averillo’s speed by playing him at fullback, not kicking to Kiraz enough, not using Tpj properly (such as passing to him close to the line and attacking his offloads) , not giving alamoti early ball so he can bat on or show his good passing skills, not bringing nu brown in when we have good territory (how many dummy half tries has he scored in his career, how many for us this year? ) , and not short ball passing to Preston enough.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching the weekend's games we are so far behind in the pack it's not funny.
TPJ gets a lot of stick but he is singled out by the opposition as he is monstered because is our only forward ATM who can offload.
We have done well with no real 1, 6, 7 or 13.
We made more linebreaks and missed less tackles than the Warriors. The big pack beat us.

Take it as it is, we are doing well with nearly the worst roster (with the injuries especially) and being competitive for all but 3 games.
Have to say I agree with you mate, my only knock on TPJ is I believe Gus can find 2 younger up and coming players that can closely produce what he does for the money he’s on.

Haas is heavily targeted as well but look at how hard he is to get to ground and have a look at his pcm’s .. I don’t feel TPJ is value for money.

Also believe Gus can find another 2 up and coming tough powerful players for Thompsons money as well.

4 for the price of 2 .. with injuries concussions and the need for depth that’s much better value ..

Jmo.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So many people don't get it. It's not about the people, it's about their attitude. That is how Bennett does it. He gets players like, former Dog Branko Lee, and he identifies the weaknesses in their game, takes them through their weakneses and tells them fix them and with the right attitude you can be a regular first grader .... and it works. Dogs already have the players on the books to be a top-4 side this year if Bennett was coach, even with injuries.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Typical TK response again.
I agree with what he said. Not your opinion, so insult.
Why am I a dipshit?
Rofl What? You clearly said Gould was not talking about 1 game and I clearly showed you that he was talking about the 1 game. That was it. Wtf are you on about with “I agree with what he said. Not your opinion, so insult.”

You got the exact response you deserved after your smart ass comment about “typical TK response”.

Typical newb

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Greenturd, did a fantastic job as a CEO, is delusional, he had his own agenda, and once he got what he wanted he left! No care for juniors, wrong people in the wrong positions, gave Hasler the keys and allowed him to do what he wanted! All the while throwing people under the bus, to make himself look good!!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So many people don't get it. It's not about the people, it's about their attitude. That is how Bennett does it. He gets players like, former Dog Branko Lee, and he identifies the weaknesses in their game, takes them through their weakneses and tells them fix them and with the right attitude you can be a regular first grader .... and it works. Dogs already have the players on the books to be a top-4 side this year if Bennett was coach, even with injuries.
We do not have the team to be a top 4 side. We have no 7, no FB, poor forwards and injuries to key players

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rofl What? You clearly said Gould was not talking about 1 game and I clearly showed you that he was talking about the 1 game. That was it. Wtf are you on about with “I agree with what he said. Not your opinion, so insult.”

You got the exact response you deserved after your smart ass comment about “typical TK response”.

Typical newb
What is with you.
The end of his tweet said " Never gave up. Our attack is obviously struggling. That will take time. But overall I walked away optimistic about several of our players. "
He was obviously referring to the future with the his last two sentences.

Again you insult for no reason.

A NEWB. You do not know who I am. The kennel is not the only place for Bulldogs supporters.
I am sure you have not seen the number of Bulldogs games I have seen.

The Kennel lives up to its reputation.

For a moderator you are not very moderate.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did Penrith go during gus’ time?
He became gm in 2011.
Penrith results since 2011 (see below). It wasn’t until 2016 that they consistently hit the top 8 / 4. Now we can’t say they wouldn’t of achieved this without him there, but it is telling that he managed to keep / nurture the core of Cleary / Luai / Fisher harris etc.

I hate it as well but let’s be patient. I’ve been a dormant poster for the past 5 to 7 years and have barely watched footy because of how shit we’ve been playing. But this is the first year I’ve seen the team as a somewhat watchable. We’re on the up, but it’s gonna take time.

NRL 2009Penrith Panthers11th11121515589Matthew ELLIOTT17
-​
Michael JENNINGS126
-​
Michael GORDONCUA Stadium13,719
NRL 2010Penrith Panthers2ndSemi Final1590645489Matthew ELLIOTT17
-​
Lachlan COOTE270
-​
Michael GORDONCUA Stadium13,057
NRL 2011Penrith Panthers12th9150430517Matthew ELLIOTT, Steve GEORGALLIS12
-​
David SIMMONS, Lachlan COOTE66
-​
Michael GORDONCentrebet12,299
NRL 2012Penrith Panthers15th8160409575Ivan CLEARY10
-​
Michael JENNINGS97
-​
Luke WALSHCentrebet10,858
NRL 2013Penrith Panthers10th11130495532Ivan CLEARY19
-​
David SIMMONS159
-​
Luke WALSHCentrebet10,337
NRL 2014Penrith Panthers4thPrelim Final1590506426Ivan CLEARY15
-​
Josh MANSOUR155
-​
Jamie SOWARDSportingbet11,702
NRL 2015Penrith Panthers11th9150399477Ivan CLEARY9
-​
David SIMMONS50
-​
Matt MOYLANPepper Stadium12,026
NRL 2016Penrith Panthers6thSemi Final14100563463Anthony GRIFFIN16
-​
Josh MANSOUR118
-​
Nathan CLEARYPepper Stadium12,910
NRL 2017Penrith Panthers7thSemi Final13110504459Anthony GRIFFIN11
-​
Nathan CLEARY228
-​
Nathan CLEARYPepper Stadium13,303
NRL 2018Penrith Panthers6thSemi Final1590517461Anthony GRIFFIN, Cameron CIRALDO13
-​
Waqa BLAKE126
-​
James MALONEYPanthers Stadium14,617
NRL 2019Penrith Panthers10th11130413474Ivan CLEARY10
-​
Nathan CLEARY157
-​
Nathan CLEARYPanthers Stadium12,619
NRL 2020Penrith Panthers1stRunners Up1811537238Ivan CLEARY17
-​
Stephen CRICHTON208
-​
Nathan CLEARYPanthers Stadium5,225
NRL 2021Penrith Panthers2ndPremiers2130676286Ivan CLEARY17
-​
Matt BURTON231
-​
Nathan CLEARYBlueBet Stadium15,969
NRL 2022Penrith Panthers1stPremiers

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus’ 5 year rebuild talk is such a cop out. I can’t believe this fan base buys it.

He’s been with us nearly 2 years now wit plenty of cash to play with. Has spent the cash pretty poorly, and we haven’t improved an inch. That’s the reality
Yep no worries, it’s a cop out. All those pathways he’s creating over the last 18 months with 15 & 16 year old guns are ready now to play first grade. Ok makes a lot of sense now.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have to say I agree with you mate, my only knock on TPJ is I believe Gus can find 2 younger up and coming players that can closely produce what he does for the money he’s on.

Haas is heavily targeted as well but look at how hard he is to get to ground and have a look at his pcm’s .. I don’t feel TPJ is value for money.

Also believe Gus can find another 2 up and coming tough powerful players for Thompsons money as well.

4 for the price of 2 .. with injuries concussions and the need for depth that’s much better value ..

Jmo.
You’re talking like Pangai and haas are worth the same amount of money.

Pangai is on 700k
Haas would be on over a million

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re talking like Pangai and haas are worth the same amount of money.

Pangai is on 700k
Haas would be on over a million
Haas hasn’t always been a million dollar player he’s had to work at it and play great footy, he’s finally been rewarded for those efforts and been upgraded to become a million dollar player, if TPJ put in the same hard work and played with the same strength and heart he’d be upgraded to a million as well.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mmm, how has Bennett assembled a competitive roster in 12 months but he needs another 5 years?

Hopefully there is a decent clean out coming at year end so he can stop talking about what he inherited.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Mmm, how has Bennett assembled a competitive roster in 12 months but he needs another 5 years?

Hopefully there is a decent clean out coming at year end so he can stop talking about what he inherited.
Bennett bought a forward pack. It all starts with forwards. We have underperforming forwards on large contracts. Thing is we can’t afford to overpay for a gun. So it will take time to build our guys up. What wouldn’t hurt is finding an old head who can lead our guys off the field and can play 30 mins off the bench.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But why can’t we do both??
Develop our own and also recruit well for our first grade squad like roosters and south’s constantly do.
Just because we’re recruiting we’ll doesn’t mean we have to put the brakes on junior development.
He literally said we have to recruit in the short term